Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BUYVM: real or scam?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BUYVM: real or scam?

Tried to sign up using my business PO BOX and business credit card. Rejected. Tried to use my business physical address. Rejected. My business credit card is linked to my business address.....doesn't matter you must use a residential address. What the ? Ok, gave the support folks my home address, they said everything was good but I'd have to sign up all over again. So I did, used my home address and a personal credit card. Still rejected. I was using my cell phone the second time and the IP location from my cell phone provider didn't match my home address, even though my credit card billing address did match my home address. Not worth the hassle and feels a lot. like a scam. I'm concerned now at why they were so insistent on having my residential address -- possible identity theft? Customer service could not have been any more arrogant or unhelpful if they had tried.

Comments

• adlyadly Veteran
    edited August 2021

I see you've spoken to Karen. But no, not a scam.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

LOL!

Sorry, that's all I have for this thread.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • SCAM? Really?
    I have been using their services for several years. No regrets. Great support and services offered.

• catscats Member

Real.

The TOS states everything you need to do before signing up for a service. They verify this much so that they can have a VERY low chargeback rate, which lets them provide the services for this cheap and at this quality. I signed up years ago and literally had zero issues.

If you want to bypass this, you can always pay using crypto, but your account will be locked to only paying crypto then.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Can't use a PO BOX.

I would make sure your CC matches your actual address. If you've moved recently and haven't updated, it'd be a problem.

Francisco

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited August 2021

Can be overly irritating to get signed up, I know.
    Doesn't make it a scam though, just restrictive.
    Well worth the hassle (kind of).
    [In my book: business=public address; individual=private.]

• just use crypto it's 2021

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Frantech empire is real.

OP's addresses are not, apparently.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Dude, do some research...they are one of the most legit/reliable providers around here.

~ SMARTHOST

• @adly said:

BuyVM/Francisco 10/10, Karen 1/10

• JioJio Member

the TOS has a huge blatant "PO BOX NOT ALLOWED"

• I read a joke/rumor on this forum that Francisco and Karen are actually the same person.
    I wonder sometimes if that is really the case.

If you check google search for BuyVM Karen will definitely come up. At this point they don't seem to care.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @Jio said:
    the TOS has a huge blatant "PO BOX NOT ALLOWED"

not if you use crypto, you can pass the checks.

takes like literally 3 minutes to convert fiat to crypto in 2021.

@trycatchthis said:
    I read a joke/rumor on this forum that Francisco and Karen are actually the same person.
    I wonder sometimes if that is really the case.

If you check google search for BuyVM Karen will definitely come up. At this point they don't seem to care.

Not sure how we don't care..? I'm fairly sure the OP was marked as fraud by fraudlabs.

But yes, our TOS/AUP are pretty easy to read. The PO BOX part is its own bulletpoint.

We have many people that pay with a business card and all that, they just have to talk to us so we can make sure things are kosher.

It isn't hard, but we aren't going to accept any random credit cards for the sake of getting an order through. We don't price 'chargebacks' as a 'cost of business' where we're eating many per month. In a given year we get less than 10, and we win all of them.

Francisco

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

@adly said:

The end is nigh

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Too many threads for buyvm in a relatively short time period with negative angled topic titles, from too many new accounts. I'd suspect the provider of creating new accounts to make negative threads as they actually create sales, but Fran doesn't have the available stock to support it.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint Erisa
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Ban Fran?

• @jar LOL

Thanked by 1jar
  • @not_mike1s @somewhatwindy @edit @edit2

unban my boy he's a shit poster but at least he puts effort into it

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2021

Definitely not a scam. Can be a bit hard to sign up, but @Francisco runs a tight ship and service has often enough been described as stellar. Personally, I tried signing up years ago, but my attempt to do so ultimately got blocked by the (back then) chief-warden Aldyric?! (the end-boss before Karen appeared). Regardless, I have no doubt that BuyVM is legit and a great host to be with. Fran is not only Top Provider in name.

• Scum B)

• @Francisco said:

It happened to me. And I googled and I saw other instances of the same.

You're not a bad provider but you're tough on in coming customers which is kind of weird.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

BuyVM is legit. I've been a personal customer for over 8 years. I can't say that for any other provider.

• @trycatchthis said:

@Francisco said:

It happened to me. And I googled and I saw other instances of the same.

You're not a bad provider but you're tough on in coming customers which is kind of weird.

once again literally just pay crypto and don't abuse and you're fine the main concern as noted above is chargebacks & fraud. you can't charge back crypto.

@trycatchthis said: It happened to me. And I googled and I saw other instances of the same.

If you provide valid details then it's a non issue.

If that is an issue (don't want to, whatever), then crypto/webmoney is available. For China users there's alipay.

If there's more payment methods I'm missing out on, let me know.

Francisco

• BuyVM is totally a SCAM. The prices and quality of the services BuyVM provides are so good that I feel I’m robbing @Francisco. So yeah, this is indeed a SCAM, but I’m the one scamming Francisco and not the other way around.

• They are all bots. Fran is an advance AI written by Elon Musk.

• cant paid... all mark as fraud xd