Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 free for a Year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Get ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 free for a Year

Well most of you might already know that ESET is a lightweight (Compared to others) and efficient virus guard out there. Here's how you can get the latest NOD32 version 6 free for a whole year.

German magazine called heise is giving out keys and all you have to do is visit the below link

http://www.heise.de/ct/special/13/06/dvd_download/

Enter your email , fill the captcha code and click the blue button. That will send you a link to download the software and a activation code.

Then use this link - http://www.eset.com/us/register/ to register using the activation code. This step might not work if you are outside Germany so use a German VPN or Proxy (you can find plenty on proxy.org) on this step.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Thanks, just got a code without a German VPN.

• You get the Code without a Germany Ip, but to register with eset, you might need the Germany IP. That is what Ruchira meant.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

but, why? Security essentials (or for Win8, Windows Defender) works great

• This is when your host1free vps comes handy..

• @praveenbhat said:
    You get the Code without a Germany Ip, but to register with eset, you might need the Germany IP. That is what Ruchira meant.

Thats right :) I didn't tried the second step because I don't use windoze

• Already got my Avast Internet Security license for 3 years...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I must say that I hate that piece of crapware.
    90% of the busted PCs full of malware and trojans that come to me to fix are supposed to be protected by it.
    While I dont use it and I recommend everyone against it, they "heard" it is great and keep coming back for more...

• If anyone needs help activating the software please let me know, I will need your activation key, first and last name and email address with phone number.

Of course, if you don't trust me with your activation key...then there is nothing I can do...

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @Maounique said:
    I must say that I hate that piece of crapware.

which antivirus are you referring to?

ESET Nod32.

• Thanks but im not using any vpn or proxy just using my local ip ( malaysia ) ? do u sure only germany can apply this?

Activate ESET Software
    Thank you for registering your serial number. You will receive an email with the information below:
    Username:EAV-010****
    Password: ******
    Expiration Date:11/28/2014

• @exp82 said:
    Thanks but im not using any vpn or proxy just using my local ip ( malaysia ) ? do u sure only germany can apply this?

Activate ESET Software
    Thank you for registering your serial number. You will receive an email with the information below:
    Username:EAV-010****
    Password: ******
    Expiration Date:11/28/2014

Read my replies above

• @Maounique said:
    ESET Nod32.

Hmm.. I always thought it was pretty good, it's definitely lite on resources compared to avast. Suppose I've never used it long enough to find out how well the protection is but I can say I have gotten viruses from using avast and AVG..

• @Ruchirablog

Thanks for the share.. always nice to find free stuff on LET :)

@earl said:
    Hmm.. I always thought it was pretty good, it's definitely lite on resources compared to avast. Suppose I've never used it long enough to find out how well the protection is but I can say I have gotten viruses from using avast and AVG..

Get avira.

• Nod32 is the best period!

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@Maounique said:
    Get avira.

I tried Avira couple years ago.. can't really say I like it, maybe it's changed now?

Also I just noticed that Mcafee is owned by Intel now, wonder if it's gotten any better..

Avira seems to work for people that switched from nod32 at least they visit me less often :).
    They have no more annoying popups in the free version anymore since recently. Other than that, this review is rather accurate:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/free-antivirus-comparison-popular-choices-toetotoe/

Thanked by 1earl
  • @Maounique said:
    Avira seems to work for people that switched from nod32 at least they visit me less often :).
    They have no more annoying popups in the free version anymore since recently. Other than that, this review is rather accurate:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/free-antivirus-comparison-popular-choices-toetotoe/

Interesting.. thanks.

I think like avast cause I'm use to it. Use to be much better but now seems to have more popups and other disturbances.. but I think the guy was right Avira was not as user friendly. if I recall that's probably why i never used it.

• @Maounique said:

When it comes to anti-virus, ESET has it's place. Been using it past 7 years, and unlike avira, kaspersky, it has very less false positive alarm and does it job quite well.

• Thanks, btw its version 7 not 6.
    NOD32 is the best AV out there.

Avast and Avira are resource hog for me.

• Leider steht der Download derzeit nicht zur Verfügung.

Unfortunately, the download is currently not available.

• Been a beta tester for avira for the past three years. Never found a need to try anything else. My brother swears by eset however, and it would have been nice to get a key. Unfortunately they seem to have disabled the offer now.

Thanks for the share.

• MSE is better and it's free.

• kendidkendid Veteran
    edited November 2013

I used to use Eset only, now I'm a mixture of MSE and Avira... depending on which computer...

However, can't beat free for a year!

• I used to use http://www.esetnod32.ru/partners/loyalty_program/overview/#1 to get 30days free trial key [use any email id must be different every time]. Its instant

• badpatrickbadpatrick Member
    edited November 2013

I'm not sure how long this will last, but right now NewEgg has NOD32, Kaspersky and 8 others for only $4.99 US each. Link To Offer

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @badpatrick said:
    I'm not sure how long this will last, but right now NewEgg has NOD32, Kaspersky and 8 others for only $4.99 US each.

Newegg.com does not ship internationally but any idea how it work with licenses and other digital stuff which doesn't need to be shipped?

• @Spirit - they are available for digital download

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • Using OSX so don't need an antivirus system slower.
    If I'm to use Windows, I'd probably use Microsoft Security Essentials as it's free and relatively effective. I don't rely on a software only for system security, so the choice doesn't really matter.