Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Speech Hosting - BuyShared
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Speech Hosting - BuyShared

CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

Hello, this is more for @Francisco to answer

I came across an ad about free speech hosting and diverted to buyshared.net

YOUR DATA IS SAFE WITH US!
BuyShared cares about customers and the privacy of their accounts. We use data centers proven to be reasonable in dealing with complaints, DMCA requests and other privacy piercing inquiries. We go the extra distance to protect you from hackers, social engineers, and government overreach.
For extra privacy protection select our Roost, Luxembourg, location where your privacy is a national priority and further protected by laws.

My question is what makes you different what is your response process to DMCA if you're an American based company how can you stop over reaching government.

Trying to understand how you can make these claims.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

We are a Canadian company.

Given new laws that have been talked about we will likely push for lux to be its own company.

Buyshared isn't offered anymore.

Francisco

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

Do you have a data on that?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited August 2021

@davenz said: Do you have a data on that?

Personally, I trust @Francisco when he says the company he owns is a Canadian company.

BTW, the term "free speech hosting" really has nothing to do with DMCAs. The US is one of the best "free speech hosting" places. It's just not a good place to host copyright-infringing content.

@raindog308 said: BTW, the term "free speech hosting" really has nothing to do with DMCAs. The US is one of the best "free speech hosting" places. It's just not a good place to host copyright-infringing content.

Completely right, the OP is mixing 2 different things.

If your host has a backbone and doesn't cave at the slightest sign of bad press, then you can host basically anything hateful you want in the USA. Of course, assuming the host allows it.

Hosting 'free speech' stuff in EU's asking to get Merkel'd.

Francisco

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

There is no free speech without anonymity. As long as you have to provide your personal data, it can be leaked, even in the very unlikely scenario your provider fights off spurious requests for it.
    And, yes, IP infringement has little to do free speech (unless IP rights are spuriously invoked in fair use cases to stifle free speech).

@Maounique said: There is no free speech without anonymity.

Sure there is. Why wouldn't there be? People publish signed articles, blogs, posts, etc. every single day in the US critical of government, big corporations, NGOs, celebrities, policies, etc.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @raindog308 said:

Personally, I trust @Francisco when he says the company he owns is a Canadian company.

Jesus, calm down! I'm almost 100% certain that @davenz typo'd "data" instead of "date" which of course makes more sense.

You were quick to white knight for fran there raindawg ;)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

@Maounique said: There is no free speech without anonymity.

Sure there is. Why wouldn't there be? People publish signed articles, blogs, posts, etc. every single day in the US critical of government, big corporations, NGOs, celebrities, policies, etc.

Hell I even made a meme the other day comparing Uday Hussein to Hunter Biden and I still haven't been arrested.

Thanked by 2WSWD dedipromo

@jar said: Hell I even made a meme the other day comparing Uday Hussein to Hunter Biden and I still haven't been arrested.

Of course, should you post something critical of LET moderators, all bets are off.

@dahartigan said: You were quick to white knight for fran there raindawg

I frequently hump @Francisco's leg.

Thanked by 2jar dystopia
  • @raindog308 said: I frequently hump @Francisco's leg.

Whatever pays the bills..

• Anyway. All BuyShared hosting and reseller plans 're out of stocks for a long time.

@Panit said:
    Anyway. All BuyShared hosting and reseller plans 're out of stocks for a long time.

Yup.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/buyvm-puts-new-buyshared-signups-on-pause/

Thanked by 1Panit
  • CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@dahartigan said:

@raindog308 said:

Jesus, calm down! I'm almost 100% certain that @davenz typo'd "data" instead of "date" which of course makes more sense.

You were quick to white knight for fran there raindawg ;)

yes it was meant to be date lol

I'm just interested in providers explanation as I agree with a lot being said here almost all hosting companies require user information and its all about backbone of the provider.

@raindog308 said: Sure there is. Why wouldn't there be? People publish signed articles, blogs, posts, etc. every single day in the US critical of government, big corporations, NGOs, celebrities, policies, etc.

Today, but those things will come after you later. What if Trump succeeded on the 6th of January? What if the Supreme Court or Pence or whatever combination of Congress and states would have put him there? Those things would come to hunt you and your average joe can dig that up and threaten you or worse. And that is in US, in many other countries anonymity is needed NOW!
    There are countless bloggers, journalists, even average youtubers/tiktokers/etc which are resting two feet underground in the fortunate event their bodies could be found.
    Illiberal or managed democracies are spreading, nobody will be spared.

@Maounique said: Today, but those things will come after you later. What if Trump succeeded on the 6th of January? What if the Supreme Court or Pence or whatever combination of Congress and states would have put him there? Those things would come to hunt you and your average joe can dig that up and threaten you or worse.

The American tradition of free speech is very deeply woven into our culture. We've even resisted altruistic limits like Canada's "hate speech" laws. I think your example proves this - we spent 4 years with vociferous anti-Trump content on every conceivable platform, from major media to individual posters.

@Maounique said: There are countless bloggers, journalists, even average youtubers/tiktokers/etc which are resting two feet underground in the fortunate event their bodies could be found.

There are not and this is complete nonsense.

• pedagangpedagang Member
    edited August 2021

too many Karen in america / free hoax
    love it .... opportunity to make $

Yes, America is the most hoax-free

• adlyadly Veteran

@raindog308 said: There are not and this is complete nonsense.

Pretty sure I’ve seen a few US bloggers / YouTubers / preppers resting in bunkers around 2ft underground. ;)

• of course in mexico and other third countries

(everyone knows )

Don't see anyone on US soil mentioned there. So your point is...?

edited August 2021

I didn't say it is in US either. I said free speech without anonymity in general, is not free.
    In US there are other problems, people being fired, sued, SLAPPed, threatened, phones hacked and listened to, whistle blowers sometimes even have to flee the country, otherwise land in prison.

• as long as the taliban are allowed to publish their crap on twitter and trump is blocked on twitter, there is something wrong with free speech.

• adlyadly Veteran

@hyperblast said:
    as long as the taliban are allowed to publish their crap on twitter and trump is blocked on twitter, there is something wrong with free speech.

As a private platform Twitter has no free speech obligation and I don’t see how anything happening on there is a sign of anything to do with free speech.

One crazy guy getting banned from a private platform, while some other crazy guys haven’t (yet) is at best an indictment of the platform, nothing to do with free speech.

Thanked by 1raindog308

Twitter has own rules, if the taliban can respect them and trump the private person cant, then guess who is to be blamed.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Maounique said:
    I didn't say it is in US either. I said free speech without anonymity in general, is not free.
    In US there are other problems, people being fired, sued, SLAPPed, threatened, phones hacked and listened to, whistle blowers sometimes even have to flee the country, otherwise land in prison.

NAH
    spying garden >< free speech

two of this different (independent) variable

if yes (same) .... then, not any free speech in all countries in the world
    assumed all government can see the garden

What matters is the government's action ... op-press-ed ???

• @Francisco said:
    We are a Canadian company.

Given new laws that have been talked about we will likely push for lux to be its own company.

Buyshared isn't offered anymore.

Francisco

You're not gonna discontinue the plans I hope? Existing ones I mean. I've been enjoying my little shared account in LUX for years. Hard to beat, and hard to find another host I trust as much as you guys.

@Saragoldfarb said: You're not gonna discontinue the plans I hope? Existing ones I mean. I've been enjoying my little shared account in LUX for years. Hard to beat, and hard to find another host I trust as much as you guys.

Depends if you're cPanel/Directadmin. Word around the company at the moment is that cPanel will be fully discontinued when the next price hike happens.

We'll make Directadmin plans for all shared users that they will be migrated to. User prices will be reduced on both shared & resellers back to the $2/$4/$7 for resellers, and $5y/$10y/$15y for shared.

Both cPanel & DA plans will lose their dedicated IP's in exchange will gain free DDOS Protection up to layer 4. Our original reasoning for giving the dedicated IP addresses has gone away with us including mailchannels and the likes.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @Francisco said:

@Saragoldfarb said: You're not gonna discontinue the plans I hope? Existing ones I mean. I've been enjoying my little shared account in LUX for years. Hard to beat, and hard to find another host I trust as much as you guys.

Depends if you're cPanel/Directadmin. Word around the company at the moment is that cPanel will be fully discontinued when the next price hike happens.

We'll make Directadmin plans for all shared users that they will be migrated to. User prices will be reduced on both shared & resellers back to the $2/$4/$7 for resellers, and $5y/$10y/$15y for shared.

Both cPanel & DA plans will lose their dedicated IP's in exchange will gain free DDOS Protection up to layer 4. Our original reasoning for giving the dedicated IP addresses has gone away with us including mailchannels and the likes.

Francisco

Still on CP but wouldn't mind DA. Any chance you'll be offering a dedicated IP as a payed add on? I like the easy way to point a domain to the server. I occasionally use a call to action domain for news/promotion, takes no additional configuration. Could use a small VM as a reverse proxy instead though.

@Saragoldfarb said: Still on CP but wouldn't mind DA. Any chance you'll be offering a dedicated IP as a payed add on? I like the easy way to point a domain to the server. I occasionally use a call to action domain for news/promotion, takes no additional configuration. Could use a small VM as a reverse proxy instead though.

Possible but unlikely.

To be honest i'd rather see people turn into VPS customers. I've been thinking about making some great plans (3 - 4GB RAM, 2 - 3 E5 cores) to get people moving off resellers to VPS instead. I haven't worked out the details, it's mostly trying to judge which will be more work for us.

I spent a good bit of last night working on my provisioning scripts for a Directadmin template so that'll save us a lot of time.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited August 2021

Free speech usable only out of local govs. If you critisize locals you will got banned.