Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Debian 11 "Bullseye" will be released today - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Debian 11 "Bullseye" will be released today

13»

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited August 2021

Could I upload an ISO and install over the current OS on an idler? Where is the official ISO?

• @h2o said:

@TimboJones said:
    I don't recall this happening with Debian 10 before upgrade, but now when I paste a bunch of stuff into ssh console, the words are highlighted and I need to press "Enter" key to have it accepted. Tried rebooting and reopening console several times... it's the most annoying bug I can recall in forever...

That prevents mis-execution. It’s a huge improvement for bash. I don't understand why many users reject new features. Many improvements are accompanied by blood.

I don't understand why you think I'm complaining about the option (I believe it existed before), just the changing of default setting. Specifically, changing my workflow and causing loss of productivity. Just becomes something I need to forever turn off going forward.

Thanked by 1VayVayKa
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited August 2021

@h2o said:

@TimboJones said:
    I don't recall this happening with Debian 10 before upgrade, but now when I paste a bunch of stuff into ssh console, the words are highlighted and I need to press "Enter" key to have it accepted. Tried rebooting and reopening console several times... it's the most annoying bug I can recall in forever...

That prevents mis-execution. It’s a huge improvement for bash. I don't understand why many users reject new features. Many improvements are accompanied by blood.

I didn't know it's a new feature.
    I thought something is wrong with my SSH client, and couldn't figure out why it occurs on some servers but not others.

I keep commonly used commands in text files, and paste them into the SSH window.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @yoursunny said:

@h2o said:

@TimboJones said:

I didn't know it's a new feature.
    I thought something is wrong with my SSH client, and couldn't figure out why it occurs on some servers but not others.

I keep commonly used commands in text files, and paste them into the SSH window.

No, it's been there for those that wanted it. It's just a default change. Do. Not. Want.

Can you imagine if every program now required a keyboard "enter" after every paste, all the time? I dunno, I think this is more likely to accidentally cause a nuclear incident than prevent one.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@malignify said:
    Which other providers have this available now?

We just announced support for this on all of our dedicated servers earlier today:
    https://1gservers.com/blog/system-administration/debian-11-now-supported/