Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Debian 11 "Bullseye" will be released today - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Debian 11 "Bullseye" will be released today

Comments

• I'm looking forward to upgrading my servers. I have some servers in prod that I originally set up using Debian 6 (Squeeze) and have upgraded through Wheezy, Jessie, Stretch and Buster with no issues.

Thanked by 2angstrom BBTN
  • varwwwvarwww Member
    edited August 2021

Anyone knows when it's going to be available on Hetzner Cloud?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@angstrom said:
    @Hotmarer @Shot2 @Azenot

Strictly speaking, the directory for Debian 11 would be

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/11.0.0/

(as opposed to current/, though they point to the same files at this time), but it's good to see that the new ISOs are already there. :) (I hadn't checked since this morning.)

Thanks :) Just pushed it into Stallion. Should be global in the next few minutes.

Francisco

Templates built! No issues using Debian 10 tooling for it. Stripped down it looks to be using a flat 1GB of space.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Mytonn angstrom
  • Which other providers have this available now?

• @malignify said: Which other providers have this available now?

BuyVM

• @Hotmarer said:

@malignify said: Which other providers have this available now?

BuyVM

I know that already that's why I'm asking about others :)

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • valkvalk Member

I tried to upgrade an OpenVZ vps from the oldstable Buster to Bullseye using @Daniel15 's guide and it somehow goes well and booted up back just fine. Stability? Not really sure

• https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&keywords=php

tried to see if bullseye has been updated to stable, and it is now testing?

• @valk said:
    I tried to upgrade an OpenVZ vps from the oldstable Buster to Bullseye using @Daniel15 's guide and it somehow goes well and booted up back just fine. Stability? Not really sure

Link to his guide?

• valkvalk Member

@edoarudo5 said:

@valk said:

Link to his guide?

It's up there, in this thread

Thanked by 1edoarudo5
  • @valk said:

@edoarudo5 said:

@valk said:

Link to his guide?

It's up there, in this thread

Honestly missed that, thanks!

Thanked by 1valk
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@aRNoLD said:
    https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&keywords=php

tried to see if bullseye has been updated to stable, and it is now testing?

You need to give them a day or two to update the categories on the search page.

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep

@malignify said:
    Which other providers have this available now?

Already available as preinstalled image at Alwyzon since this morning. 🙂

— Michael

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@malignify said:

We do, as an ISO option.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @malignify said:

Most good providers will let you upload your own ISO, or oherwise you can boot into netboot.xyz via iPXE: Connect to the VPS via VNC, reboot it, at the BIOS at startup press escape or whatever it is to select the boot device, then select iPXE. https://netboot.xyz/docs/booting/ipxe

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @webcraft said:
    Is @DA_Mark ready for this (or still alpha)?

We've been supporting Debian 11 / Ubuntu 20.04 for quite while -- I'll get the "alpha" removed. Can't say there's a lot of people using it so far, but it seems problem-free as far as I know.

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited August 2021

Thanks for the info. Updating all of my VPS.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

@malignify said:

We've been supporting Debian 11 before its RC 2 :-)

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Other than a general revving of packages, I didn't see anything super exciting in Deb 11. I'll upgrade and use it (no reason not to) but there wasn't anything I was desperately waiting for.

Thanked by 2bdl webcraft
  • h2oh2o Member

@valk said:

I have updated to D11 on Boomer's Openvz7 server. Host's kernel version is 3.10+. It works fine. However, just the rootfs, stability remains to be seen.

Thanked by 1valk
  • Unfortunately, no ZFS package for Debian 11 yet

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@varwww said: Anyone knows when it's going to be available on Hetzner Cloud?

It's there now. --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:

@varwww said: Anyone knows when it's going to be available on Hetzner Cloud?

It's there now. --Katie

Thank you Katie ! :smile:

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • I don't recall this happening with Debian 10 before upgrade, but now when I paste a bunch of stuff into ssh console, the words are highlighted and I need to press "Enter" key to have it accepted. Tried rebooting and reopening console several times... it's the most annoying bug I can recall in forever...

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited August 2021

@TimboJones said:
    I don't recall this happening with Debian 10 before upgrade, but now when I paste a bunch of stuff into ssh console, the words are highlighted and I need to press "Enter" key to have it accepted. Tried rebooting and reopening console several times... it's the most annoying bug I can recall in forever...

Did a quick read online and it seems that it's related to INPUTRC?

Maybe adding set enable-bracketed-paste Off will fix it.

• @raindog308 said:
    Other than a general revving of packages, I didn't see anything super exciting in Deb 11. I'll upgrade and use it (no reason not to) but there wasn't anything I was desperately waiting for.

The 5.x kernel has some benefits: WireGuard, BTRFS w/Zstd, Cryptsetup w/Adiantum

• @DP said:

@TimboJones said:
    I don't recall this happening with Debian 10 before upgrade, but now when I paste a bunch of stuff into ssh console, the words are highlighted and I need to press "Enter" key to have it accepted. Tried rebooting and reopening console several times... it's the most annoying bug I can recall in forever...

Did a quick read online and it seems that it's related to INPUTRC?

Maybe adding set enable-bracketed-paste Off will fix it.

FFS readlines devs, wtf were you thinking changing that to a default setting?

Thanks for finding that, will try tonight but sounds like it'll do the trick.

Thanked by 2DP Shot2
  • hwthwt Member

Upgraded.

My debian 10.10 networking was working fine prior to upgrading.

Using software bridge with main IP assigned to the bridge on OVH. Now, my main IPv4 disconnects after one hour, but remains reachable via IPv6, so I don't think it's a OVH/network issue. Bridge STP is turned off.

VMs using failover IPs are working fine even when my main IP fails.

Still trying to figure what's wrong.. Anybody encounter similar issues?

• h2oh2o Member

@TimboJones said:

That prevents mis-execution. It’s a huge improvement for bash. I don't understand why many users reject new features. Many improvements are accompanied by blood.

• @h2o said:
    That prevents mis-execution. It’s a huge improvement for bash. I don't understand why many users reject new features. Many improvements are accompanied by blood.

I don't understand why we don't all type with mittens on. It would keep us from typing dangerous commands.

Thanked by 2TimboJones VayVayKa