Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VIRMACH without connection information after delivery? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VIRMACH without connection information after delivery?

Comments

• First person to ever pay for Virmachs priority support?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

First idiot to ever pay for Virmachs priority support.

Thanked by 2dahartigan yoursunny
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

But he got it resolved by paying ..

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@hzhoanglee said:

Well, ordered 5 days ago, still pending without any information :D

This is abnormal, I'll look into it now. I haven't been personally handling any of these for a few days so perhaps for some reason it wasn't delivered or included in the normal queue. It's possible this is a result of internal miscommunication as a result of me neglecting them for a few days (although they are, apparently only mostly, being handled by someone else.)

As for the issue in OP, I won't be commenting on that specifically right now, I do just want to let everyone know that there is definitely a very recent email deliverability issue we discovered today, as of about 6 hours ago it was reported to me and I'm working to get that resolved.

It looks like people may have potentially not received some emails over the last 24 hours. I'm still looking into it, if I cannot resolve it right now we'll post an announcement. You should still be able to see any communication from us on WHMCS though, in the emails tab/section of your account and of course all tickets are still there as well and ticketing system works fine. It just appears to be an issue with our mailing service.

@hzhoanglee said:

Actually this doesn't seem abnormal, I saw you mentioning it around a couple times but as I let you know previously and this time, I haven't specifically looked into it yet.

I just did and it looks like you ordered on the 29th, so Thursday, at 11:43PM PST. That means +48 business hours would be Monday at 11:43PM PST. Today's Monday, it's around 11:43PM right now actually coincidentally. It looks like your order was delivered already sometime in the past today, maybe relatively close to this time.

In any case, I don't think I count 5 days but let me know if I'm wrong.

@deank said:
    First idiot to ever pay for Virmachs priority support.

@Saahib said:
    But he got it resolved by paying ..

@corbpie said:
    First person to ever pay for Virmachs priority support?

I don't believe there was a payment made, and I think the last time someone asked to be charged $15/15 minutes, as in he specifically asked us to bill him to get something done quicker, we didn't charge him. I don't remember the last time we actually billed someone $15 but it must have been a while ago.

I do remember there was one person this last month that made so many tickets over and over for his special/no support service, a few of them being in the priority department when his service wasn't even down, that I considered as people would incorrectly state) "threatening" him with the fee but I reconsidered as I didn't feel like dealing with the threads he would probably create about it.

Thanked by 1wpyoga
    edited August 2021

@waffleuncle said: Then I tried to call several times during the day without any answer.
    Try calling tech support and no one answers.

We do need to update this with more information on our site. Ever since COVID lockdowns started we moved away from using the office and even though I personally use the office again now, I'm the only one that goes into the office and I might have unplugged the phone on purpose and forgotten about it as it was honestly an archaic system that was just distracting.

I don't think anyone we ever employed enjoyed doing phone support but I made them do it and once it ended up being my responsibility, I ended up agreeing with them.

My apologies though for never updating the message for when people phone in, it's only now used for scheduled called. I'll see if I can hire another voice actor to do a sexy/cringy reading for the phone menu.

Also sorry I'm breaking up my response like this, usually I like doing one huge wall of text but right now I'm doing many other things at once and can only make responses one or two at a time.

Thanked by 1wpyoga
  • @corbpie said:

And RarLab is still waiting for 1st WinRAR customer.

• @VirMach said:

@hzhoanglee said:

Actually this doesn't seem abnormal, I saw you mentioning it around a couple times but as I let you know previously and this time, I haven't specifically looked into it yet.

I just did and it looks like you ordered on the 29th, so Thursday, at 11:43PM PST. That means +48 business hours would be Monday at 11:43PM PST. Today's Monday, it's around 11:43PM right now actually coincidentally. It looks like your order was delivered already sometime in the past today, maybe relatively close to this time.

In any case, I don't think I count 5 days but let me know if I'm wrong.

Oops, I was wrong. I ordered it 30th July, 2PM GMT+7.
    So 48 (working) hours delivery was correct. Sorry for my mistake.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@alilet said:

@corbpie said:

Nope:

• @brueggus said:

@alilet said:

@corbpie said:

Nope:

Man.. this video bring back my experience with Win 95 when I was kid.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@alilet said:

I have bought a couple WinRAR licenses... ;)

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited August 2021

@VirMach said:

[@waffleuncle said]

I might have unplugged the phone on purpose and forgotten about it as it was honestly an archaic system that was just distracting.

I wonder how long ago that was.. I would do this just to see how long it took for someone to notice..

Unplug phone system..

15 months later someone complains that the phones don't work...

But to be honest, text based support is usually superior for tech based information..

• @VirMach said:

@waffleuncle said: Then I tried to call several times during the day without any answer.

We do need to update this with more information on our site. Ever since COVID lockdowns started we moved away from using the office and even though I personally use the office again now, I'm the only one that goes into the office and I might have unplugged the phone on purpose and forgotten about it as it was honestly an archaic system that was just distracting.

I don't think anyone we ever employed enjoyed doing phone support but I made them do it and once it ended up being my responsibility, I ended up agreeing with them.

My apologies though for never updating the message for when people phone in, it's only now used for scheduled called. I'll see if I can hire another voice actor to do a sexy/cringy reading for the phone menu.

Also sorry I'm breaking up my response like this, usually I like doing one huge wall of text but right now I'm doing many other things at once and can only make responses one or two at a time.

Hi ,
    It's fine thanks for delivery of the server.
    I am currently satisfy for every things now since i got the server up etc.

• Now i'm in the same situation :disappointed:
    No email. Waiting several more hours just to get credentials :neutral:

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 2021

@hzhoanglee said:
    Now i'm in the same situation :disappointed:

how about
    a) open a priority ticket for $15
    b) click on the service entry in whmcs to see more details

c) ask in forums how to open rdp reseller business

@hzhoanglee said:
    Now i'm in the same situation :disappointed:

Hi, as I mentioned above:

@VirMach said: You should still be able to see any communication from us on WHMCS though, in the emails tab/section of your account

If you didn't get the welcome email, you won't get one re-sent to your email, you'll have to check there.

@kevinds said:

@VirMach said:

[@waffleuncle said]

I might have unplugged the phone on purpose and forgotten about it as it was honestly an archaic system that was just distracting.

I wonder how long ago that was.. I would do this just to see how long it took for someone to notice..

Unplug phone system..

15 months later someone complains that the phones don't work...

But to be honest, text based support is usually superior for tech based information..

Yes, I believe there are a very few small number of people that still prefer phone-based support but the reason most companies prefer it, I've noticed, is that they can just hire people who don't necessarily type fast and throttle customer support/make customers wait a long time on hold and basically give up when it's not important enough to call.

We don't do that so it ended up being about 1-2 calls, usually less technical people and we would end up trying to explain to them for 30 minutes how to use Google chrome. It was a time sink. Oh, and we'd get the angry people calling in to just yell at louder than all caps in the ticket they already opened.

• hzhoangleehzhoanglee Member
    edited August 2021

@VirMach said: If you didn't get the welcome email, you won't get one re-sent to your email, you'll have to check there.

Maybe your email service has issue. I cannot receive any email even order confirmation and neither the welcome email.
    This thing shows up on WHMCS but not my email:

Tried to open a ticket to request another welcome email but it is in "Awaiting Technical Review" state for hours. I think I'm losing hope because I don't have $15 to open Priority ticket.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @Falzo said: b) click on the service entry in whmcs to see more details

I don't think I can ^^install virtual machine^^ using IP and CPU, RAM, Hard Drive info.

@Falzo said: c) ask in forums how to open rdp reseller business

Can I use rdp to hack nasa?

• @hzhoanglee said:

@Falzo said: b) click on the service entry in whmcs to see more details

I don't think I can ^^install virtual machine^^ using IP and CPU, RAM, Hard Drive info.

@Falzo said: c) ask in forums how to open rdp reseller business

Can I use rdp to hack nasa?

Don't take the head with the trolls.
    They love to stick their heads up their asses without really thinking why they write stupid things.

• What I can suggest you these tried to join them by e-mail.
    I was able to understand that if we reopen a ticket and we close the old one it automatically deprioritizes you from the wait

@hzhoanglee said:

@VirMach said: If you didn't get the welcome email, you won't get one re-sent to your email, you'll have to check there.

Maybe your email service has issue. I cannot receive any email even order confirmation and neither the welcome email.

Tried to open a ticket to request another welcome email but it is in "Awaiting Technical Review" state for hours. I think I'm losing hope because I don't have $15 to open Priority ticket.

I handled this one for you on the ticket.

• @VirMach said:

@hzhoanglee said:

I hope I get my ipmi access ticket answered soon as well :wink:

• @VirMach said:

@hzhoanglee said:

The funny part is that you gave me wrong credentials. Cannot login to ESXI or SSH :dizzy:
    Should I have to wait another 12 hours to wait for you to reply my ticket?
    That should be many hours delivery...

• @hzhoanglee said:

@VirMach said:

@hzhoanglee said:

The funny part is that you gave me wrong credentials. Cannot login to ESXI or SSH :dizzy:

I haven't gotten mine yet. You ordered ESXi too? I wonder if you got my credentials by mistake :D

• @hzhoanglee said:

@VirMach said:

@hzhoanglee said:

ESXi has SSH disabled by default and probably additional firewall rule needed to access from public IP. You probably need to enable SSH from IPMI console.

• @TimboJones said:

@hzhoanglee said:

@VirMach said:

@hzhoanglee said:

ESXi has SSH disabled by default and probably additional firewall rule needed to access from public IP. You probably need to enable SSH from IPMI console.

Nope, the client said connected but wrong password.
    And also web client said wrong password too

@TimboJones said:

@hzhoanglee said:

@VirMach said:

@hzhoanglee said:

It's basically this, yes. It has a super strict default firewall that blocks everyone from accessing it if a few random IPs are bruteforcing it which is pretty much guaranteed as a possibility.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • hzhoangleehzhoanglee Member
    edited August 2021

@VirMach said:

@TimboJones said:

@hzhoanglee said:

@VirMach said:

@hzhoanglee said:

It's basically this, yes. It has a super strict default firewall that blocks everyone from accessing it if a few random IPs are bruteforcing it which is pretty much guaranteed as a possibility.

Oh, really my mistake. Just reboot the server .-.
    Is the billing counted on when server was activated or when the order was placed?

• edited August 2021

@VirMach do you mind checking into ticket 356075 for ipmi access, please? I still do not have any information to access my system. Not the original welcome email (not in WHMCS either) and still no answer on ticket for IPMI, so I can do my own reinstall without asking for image mounts and root pw reset. My box has been active for a whole day now :(