Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Innovation's IP space is going to be revoked by AFRINIC - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Innovation's IP space is going to be revoked by AFRINIC

2»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@aqua said: No, too much work. He should just continue targeting new LET hosts and tell them they’re sketch and sus.

Not only new, Prometeus is here since 2012 and in business since 1997 and he still started a smear campaign in all threads I was posting on. Claiming I shutdown his VMs and let the credit expire. The credit never expires, for one, and he refused to provide any ticket number aside from the fact that he can always restart his VM even in the case I would have been after him for some reason and decided to shut them down out of the blue.

• @stevewatson301 said:
    Maybe @alexvolk could pester Leapswitch for announcing stolen IP blocks instead of going after new providers for not accepting Paypal.

Why not? Would be glad to help.

@aqua said:
    No, too much work. He should just continue targeting new LET hosts and tell them they’re sketch and sus.

You'd better STFU. You could have opened your mouth if only you'd a clean history but hey go answer pre-sales questions in your thread

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@alexvolk said:

@aqua said:
    No, too much work. He should just continue targeting new LET hosts and tell them they’re sketch and sus.

You'd better STFU. You could have opened your mouth if only you'd a clean history but hey go answer pre-sales questions in your thread

I was just stating the obvious, nothing specific. You have a decent history of doing such things, no need to get mad...

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

@William said:
    Cloud Innovartions = host1plus

I met Heng Lu on Neutral ground (in Iceland 2019, complicated story) and am fairly confident he (aside of being an investor, same as me) is unrelated to host1plus.

It seems that someone forgot to update WHOIS records.
    China Telecom Global is a customer of Larus, that's true though I have no idea why they use Larus when they still have lots IP space :-)

• aiden1aiden1 Member

@aveline said: China Telecom Global is a customer of Larus, that's true though I have no idea why they use Larus when they still have lots IP space :-)

CT would solely be using multacom as their upstream?

@aiden1 said:

@aveline said: China Telecom Global is a customer of Larus, that's true though I have no idea why they use Larus when they still have lots IP space :-)

CT would solely be using multacom as their upstream?

Nah, CT leases IP from Larus and the IP block William mentioned might be used by CT in the past but Larus forgot to update it.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2021

@aveline said: Nah, CT leases IP from Larus and the IP block William mentioned might be used by CT in the past but Larus forgot to update it.

No, this IP block was used for Youtube Ad Fraud, for which it had to appear residential:

https://vpsboard.com/threads/host1plus-digital-energy-technologies-premium-ip-hoarding-proof-inside.7783/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2016/12/20/methbot-biggest-ad-fraud-busted/

I guarantee you CT/CU absolutely does not rent space from them. They have plenty unused at their Country RIR (CNNIC).

@William said:

@aveline said: Nah, CT leases IP from Larus and the IP block William mentioned might be used by CT in the past but Larus forgot to update it.

No, this IP block was used for Youtube Ad Fraud, for which it had to appear residential:

https://vpsboard.com/threads/host1plus-digital-energy-technologies-premium-ip-hoarding-proof-inside.7783/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2016/12/20/methbot-biggest-ad-fraud-busted/

I guarantee you CT/CU absolutely does not rent space from them. They have plenty unused at their Country RIR (CNNIC).

Check AS4809

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@stevewatson301 said: I'm not exactly sure about the relation between AECI and Cooperative Investments

Elad is probably responsible for those blocks.

• @thedp said:

@stevewatson301 said: I'm not exactly sure about the relation between AECI and Cooperative Investments

Elad is probably responsible for those blocks.

You're right. "Mark Ferris" or whoever he is, isn't even hiding that they're an agent of Elad Cohen and their website cooperativeinvestmentsllc[.]com even redirects to Netstyle:
    https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/agm-nominations/2020-April/000796.html

• @aveline said: Check AS4809

I am aware of that, but if you trace them they end up in CT DCs - These are customer prefixes. No idea why anyone would have CT announce space, but seems to happen at times.

CT also has its own Afrinic LIR, so renting space makes no sense.

organisation:   ORG-CTSA1-AFRINIC
    org-name:       China Telecom South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
    org-type:       LIR

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited July 2021

From our local company registry for China Telecom South Africa (Pty) Ltd

Enterprise Details
        Enterprise Number   K2012052651
        Enterprise Name CHINA TELECOM SOUTH AFRICA
        Enterprise Type Private Company
        Enterprise Status   In Business
        Compliance Notice Status    NONE
        Registration Date   2012-03-13
        PHYSICAL ADDRESS:
        BUILDING 16 THE WOODLANDS
        CNR WOODLANDS AND KELVIN DRIVE
        WOODMEAD SANDTON
        GAUTENG
        2191    POSTAL ADDRESS:
        BUILDING 16 THE WOODLANDS
        CNR WOODLANDS AND KELVIN DRIVE
        WOODMEAD SANDTON
        GAUTENG

Registered Directors / Members
    ID / Passport Number    Name(s) Surname Type    Status
    E11311485   CHANGHAI    LIU Director    Active
    P00461999   GUANG ZHU   ZHANG   Director    Active
    PE1655766   ZHANG   DA YONG Director    Active

edited July 2021

@William said:

@aveline said: Check AS4809

I am aware of that, but if you trace them they end up in CT DCs - These are customer prefixes. No idea why anyone would have CT announce space, but seems to happen at times.

CT also has its own Afrinic LIR, so renting space makes no sense.

> organisation:   ORG-CTSA1-AFRINIC
    > org-name:       China Telecom South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
    > org-type:       LIR
    > 

Yes but they're single-homed to AS4809. Probably China Telecom (Africa and Middle East) Limited leased for their own purpose or for their customer, no idea tbh :-)

I do know some companies here have lots of IP addresses issued by CNNIC but still use leased prefixes (e.g. Larus) for compliance issues. If their customer did something illegal using their CNNIC space, they might get into trouble and that's why people lease IP from someone else not in CN even when they have lots unused IP space in CN.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@aveline said: lease IP from someone else not in CN even when they have lots unused IP space in CN.

This implies they know which of their customers are high risk raising questions about the business practices.
    Also we are getting spammed by LARUS with IPv4 offers...

• IMO.

(1) Cloud Innovation = LARUS
    (2) Host1Plus = Digital Energy Technologies Limited = Heficed

Cloud Innovation has 1/3 of their IP addresses from AFRINIC. 2/3 in other RIRs which could following suit. IP leasing is getting tougher.

https://www.ipaddress.my/isp/cloud-innovation-ltd

Thanked by 2JasonM bulbasaur