Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 60
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• @Nekki said:

@LTniger said:

@Nekki said: I think just because I posted on LET on NYE

Paid for shill. That's the low end.

Terrible waste of money on his part then, being as I didn’t come back to LET for several months afterwards. Perhaps that’s why it all went to shit?

Yessir. We all blame @Nekki for the @cociu shit show.
    You were the one that could have prevented that. We had such high hopes that his eternal love for you would have kept him from selling his house, servers and likely at least 4 sisters.

Thanked by 2Nekki FrankZ
  • edited December 2021

@Nekki said:

I ordered a storage VPS for 45$ some days ago (Got some credits..). Pending........

Why you make new order when ciciu did not have server nor ip address?

What else are you going to do with the credit? Not like HS are going to be back and running.

All you need to do is waiting the credit to get involucrated.

Long time ago, when he still offering double credit promo, there is no credit expiration, but hey now it will automatically involucrated on 2029.

You still have a whooping 8 years or maybe shorter than that if the billing panel got involucrated on 2022.

EDIT:
    I have around $90 credits, but I sold half of it. By right, I still have ~ $40 unused credits.

• @M66B said:

@smallbibi said:
    I think the only way hostsolutions can come back is if they involucrate those credits... They have cheap electricity, cheap transit, cheap land and they already have the cheap, old hardware ready. But the credits everyone got from those involucrated storage servers just makes it pointless to try to come back.

The hardware and IP addresses seems to be sold. So, it seems to be pointless to still have hope.

I think he was mostly selling the HDDs during chia craze as the prices were good back then. He probably (?) held onto his SSD and NVMe lines. I don't have hope for my credits anyway.

• ehabehab Member
    edited December 2021

and now all chill and go home

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @chocolateshirt said: Why you make new order when ciciu did not have server nor ip address?

If you show me the 'withdraw your credits' button I'm going to be quite upset.

• @zappata said:

@chocolateshirt said: Why you make new order when ciciu did not have server nor ip address?

If you show me the 'withdraw your credits' button I'm going to be quite upset.

There is a button, but all it does is credit your heart with sadness.

• @LTniger said:
    I was satyrical. There was no offense intended.

Offense was definitely perceived, and its only thursday man. wtf?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

While I don't see a reason that HostSolutions might rise from the dead anytime soon, something did change and to the positive. Some VPS are reachable and have not great but actually usable connectivity.
    I'll ask my friend if I may setup some kind of "am I alive?" web server on one of the two halfway working VPS; if yes, I'll inform you.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@CheepCluck said:

@LTniger said:

@CheepCluck said:

@LTniger said:

Shouldn't you let @Nekki decide whether he felt offended? After all @LTniger didn't address you but him.

• @jsg said:

@CheepCluck said:

@LTniger said:

@CheepCluck said:

@LTniger said:

Shouldn't you let @Nekki decide whether he felt offended? After all @LTniger didn't address you but him.

I did PM my new best buddy @CheepCluck to let him know how horribly offended I was, so there’s that.

Also @CheepCluck is clearly not being serious.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

This is ....

• raynorraynor Member
    edited December 2021

Yeah, but this is BF20 crazy not-yet-involucrated deals and sisters madness :wink:

• ehabehab Member
    edited December 2021

good night

• raynorraynor Member
    edited December 2021

Good really, 1 of 3 my nvme seedboxes works all night again with linux isos ;)

• @Nekki said:

I ordered a storage VPS for 45$ some days ago (Got some credits..). Pending........

Why you make new order when ciciu did not have server nor ip address?

What else are you going to do with the credit? Not like HS are going to be back and running.

He should just put everyone's Linux ISO'S on a giant fileserver and give access for the credits. The objective of accumulating large amounts of Linux ISO's still accomplished.

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

@default said:
    I have received absolutely no email from Terrahost. I am starting to get worried.

Please get in touch via PM and we'll sort it :)

• Yesterday one of my two Norway servers went offline, the other (storage) is still working.
    Client area was giving oops messages if trying to access servers.
    This morning the main website is failing with

Fatal error: Cannot use 'Object' as class name as it is reserved in /home/hostsolutions/public_html/cake/libs/object.php on line 33

Is this the @terrahost switchover happening, and if not any idea when it will be happening (did get registration email but no followup about switchover)?

Don't want to pester terrahost with tickets if we can answer here.

Hello,

We are having issues with one of the nodes (norssd1). Please follow the issue on our status pages as we work to get it back online. Hopefully very soon.

We have begun migrations, but unfortunately it's very slow so we're working on improving that process aswell.

https://terrahoststatus.com/issue/a2fc0efe-1cb7-4d63-ab55-19605b6cc3ae

Thanked by 2msatt Falzo
  • @terrahost said:
    Hello,

We are having issues with one of the nodes (norssd1). Please follow the issue on our status pages as we work to get it back online. Hopefully very soon.

We have begun migrations, but unfortunately it's very slow so we're working on improving that process aswell.

hope you knew from the beginning what you got yourself in there...

Thanked by 1M66B
  • @terrahost said: We have begun migrations, but unfortunately it's very slow so we're working on improving that process aswell.

I assume some users would be OK not to have their data migrated. If you plan to have everybody change IP address in the future, why not create new (empty) VPSes with the new IP and let some time (for example 15 days) for folks to migrate their data before you shut down the old node?

• @Falzo said:

@terrahost said:
    Hello,

Most likely they knew. The hardware was in their datacenters, and they installed it themselves.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @default said:

@Falzo said:

@terrahost said:
    Hello,

Most likely they knew. The hardware was in their datacenters, and they installed it themselves.

hardware wise for sure. kind of ... clientele and software used, hmm ;-)

• @Falzo said:

@default said:

@Falzo said:

@terrahost said:
    Hello,

hardware wise for sure. kind of ... clientele and software used, hmm ;-)

As long as HostSolutions gave them access to the machines (which they did), all they have to do is transfer the virtual machines to Terrahost dedicated servers, and connect the virtual machines to Enigma (platform of Terrahost). In theory it should not be that hard, because HostSolutions mostly offered KVM in Norway (from what I remember).

The only problem I see is the connection, as IPv4 was set to static, and Terrahost wants IPs changed.

• @default said: The only problem I see is the connection, as IPv4 was set to static, and Terrahost wants IPs changed.

and probably the amount of data. it will take time no matter what. and if you encounter sudden disk problems in between with all the read and writes you have to do it all over.

• @Falzo said: and probably the amount of data

Yeah. That's why it would make more sense in my opinion to let users migrate the data they need.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I see it as best option to simply notify customers, put everything down, transfer it as fast as possible, and then bring them all up. This would offer much better speeds for migrations, as drives would not be used by customers while down.

@default said:
    I see it as best option to simply notify customers, put everything down, transfer it as fast as possible, and then bring them all up. This would offer much better speeds for migrations, as drives would not be used by customers while down.

Yep, we will most likely have to do that. The nodes are so saturated that it's an issue getting data of them with all the load running.

Thanked by 1default
  • @terrahost said:

@default said:
    I see it as best option to simply notify customers, put everything down, transfer it as fast as possible, and then bring them all up. This would offer much better speeds for migrations, as drives would not be used by customers while down.

Yep, we will most likely have to do that. The nodes are so saturated that it's an issue getting data of them with all the load running.

Shutdown. One more week of downtime in the pool of downtime will be minuscule. Shutdown, transfer and boot again. Borta's clientele doesn't care about uptime. Like at all.

Thanked by 1rcy026
  • @LTniger said: Shutdown. One more week of downtime in the pool of downtime will be minuscule. Shutdown, transfer and boot again. Borta's clientele doesn't care about uptime. Like at all.

This guy tells the truth @terrahost, you can listen to him. We know that these plan won't bring much money in, it's great that you'll make them running even though @cociu decided to retire early, you don't have to take the hardest path to move customers to the new servers!