Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited July 2021

@jbiloh said:

@deank said:
    All in the name of site traffic.

Tarffic is good but that is not relevant here. The vote was unanimous by the admins/mods to unban.

so what are for all these your official "LowEndTalk Community Rules"???

if in fact everything is dependent ONLY of arbitrary voting not rules?

what is your statement for:

The Golden Rule of LET is:
    Don’t be a dick.

if uberdick who scammed 3000 customers (actually robbery still in progress) is still welcomed/promoted (as he will be able to scam another unaware/fresh people) by you

I am so disappointed and so disgusted by your attitude

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@SplitIce said: Democrazy at work

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • @Andrews said:

@jbiloh said:

@deank said:
    All in the name of site traffic.

Tarffic is good but that is not relevant here. The vote was unanimous by the admins/mods to unban.

if in fact everything is dependent ONLY of arbitrary voting not rules?

what is your statement for:

The Golden Rule of LET is:
    Don’t be a dick.

if uberdick who scammed 3000 customers (actually robbery still in progress) is still welcomed/promoted (as he will be able to scam another unaware/fresh people) by you

I am so disappointed and so disgusted by your attitude

Just take the hint. It's huioicu so nobody cares, he brings in traffic and traffic = cash.

Absurd. But then again apparently even hostdoc isn't banned so, yeah.

• Yeah I see absolutely no good reason to unban him. All I can see is greed, and well..thats not surprising.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@JabJab said: wtf, other people can request people getting unbanned? I was pretty sure that cociu would need to request that, not some randos over internet.

Herby here requesting unban for @SCAM_DONT_BUY

Here's the difference:

• @cociu provided poor service but behaved himself on the forum

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY was a jerk on the forum and spammed nonsense over multiple threads, WSS-style

@Andrews said: I am so disappointed and so disgusted by your attitude

And there's a half-dozen other people saying they want him unbanned so he can give updates and interact with the community.

You can't please everyone.

• @raindog308 said:
    And there's a half-dozen other people saying they want him unbanned so he can give updates and interact with the community.

that are RULES for: to ban somebody if he broke rules, instead to count pro and con votes

if you really trying to say, that nor rules but this number (half-dozen) made your decision, for Christ's sake maybe you should run poll thread instead to know what is right and what is wrong to do

poll poll poll

• @raindog308 said:

@JabJab said: wtf, other people can request people getting unbanned? I was pretty sure that cociu would need to request that, not some randos over internet.

Here's the difference:

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY was a jerk on the forum and spammed nonsense over multiple threads, WSS-style

@Andrews said: I am so disappointed and so disgusted by your attitude

You can't please everyone.

So where are those updates and interaction exactly? Or even better, where were those when he wasn't banned yet? Or should his clients just "Monday" a little longer again?

• donkodonko Member

dang i missed the votation (?)
    but hey cockciu has new stuff posted on OLX

@Andrews said: that are RULES for: to ban somebody if he broke rules

@Andrews said:

The rules are there as guideposts and to set out some things that are either completely beyond the pale (e.g., posting racist cartoons or spamming) or to point out things that are unique to our community. Beyond that, it's always a judgment call about what the mods think is best for the community. Otherwise the rules would be 100,000 words long.

@Hotmarer said: Why was the previous thread deleted not closed? Now no one will know that cociu is a scammer.

Huh? https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/171566/cociu-hostsolutions-ro-netsilvania-move-your-services/p1

@deank said: All in the name of site traffic.

Wait...I thought we banned him because top providers wanted to eliminate competition? I wish we could settle on one conspiracy theory because it's getting hard to keep them all straight.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Option 1: Conspiracy

Option 2: Conspiracy

Option 3: Conspiracy

When the only thing that changes with every available option is what you're accused of rather than that you're accused of something, that triggers some nice PTSD.

• there will be no traffic if nobody will come to HOUSE OF SCAMS with no rules but arbitrary decisions of half-dozen people who gives a shit about scammed 3000

@Andrews said:
    there will be no traffic if nobody will come to HOUSE OF SCAMS with no rules but arbitrary decisions of half-dozen people who gives a shit about scammed 3000

Well that's not true because we're all here and scams have consistently been a huge part of LET. The time between scams are the dry times.

• AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited July 2021

@jar said:
    Well that's not true because we're all here and scams have consistently been a huge part of LET. The time between scams are the dry times.

till a month and half ago all known scam offenders were still in cages :D

Scams and deals are the building blocks of LET, and drama is something you can get out of either of those.

@jar said: When the only thing that changes with every available option is what you're accused of rather than that you're accused of something, that triggers some nice PTSD.

Dog-Flashback-min

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@raindog308 said:

Here's the difference:

I see, @cociu was/is a polite [self censored].

@ scammers, a__holes, psychologically deranged, etc.

Don't worry, it's OK to f_ck a couple thousand LET users and/or to behave like a thug - but: BE POLITE!

Never rape a woman without telling her how nice her hair is!

Thanked by 1boernd
  • @jsg said:

@raindog308 said:

Here's the difference:

I see, @cociu was/is a polite [self censored].

@ scammers, a__holes, psychologically deranged, etc.

Don't worry, it's OK to f_ck a couple thousand LET users and/or to behave like a thug - but: BE POLITE!

Never rape a woman without telling her how nice her hair is!

Life lessons right here 😅 Jesus..

@jsg said: Never rape a woman without telling her how nice her hair is!

I think that may be a slightly exaggerated caricature of the situation.

• LeviLevi Member

@raindog308 said:

Let's calm down the situation:

"Never rape a man without telling him how nice his hair is!"

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 why you banned him in first place ?

@drserver said:
    @raindog308 why you banned him in first place ?

IIRC, it was Pie, not him.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@raindog308 said:

Front up: I like and value both you and @jbiloh, so this isn't about loading off on you.

Slightly exaggerated? How do you think @cociu's victims feel? And how come you talk about him behaving on the forum - when in fact his "behaviour" that is 98% non-presence and ignorance are one and probably the reason for all the problems and anger? Had he really behaved well on the forum that is, had he actually communicated (that's what a forum is there for, right), the whole thing wouldn't have cooked up and up and up and exploded finally in the first place. So, sorry, cociu did not behave on the forum.

Funnily, you both made the same cardinal error albeit in different ways, and that error is "it's not just what one does but also how one does it".
    He had involucrated drives and turned that into a real nightmare by virtually not communicating.
    You made a decision that is very hard to digest for many, especially for cociu's victims, and you turn it into a serious problem by the way how you present it.

So let me help out and offer my guess:

cociu approached you and begged you on his knees along the lines "please, pretty please, give me another chance and unban me. If you don't, without LET my business won't survive" ... and you wanted to be fair and reasonable (also see next point) and promised him to think about it - which is fine and fair and I can understand it.
    You also realized that LET without cociu and potentially thousands of victims not refunded actually might be less attractive for everybody than providing a path for cociu's business to survive - which is fine and reasonable and I can understand it.
    And of course there also was the factor that cociu was actually well liked for years by many, many users for being a slightly dubious player but with very cheap products and, so it seemed, getting better albeit in small steps.

So what (my guess) actually happened and what you did was not evil or ignorant, it was reasonable at least in the sense of being the least bad among the bad alternatives.

What makes it evil and ignorant, or at least look that way though is how you present it.You present it in a way I'd expect from a party committee in North-Korea ("The committee has decided that ... (damn swallow it and don't make noise!)") followed by a summary I'd expect on TV news from neighbors ("Shocking! He (the serial rapist neighbor) always seemed to be such a nice and polite guy").

I neither think that the LET admins (incl. jbiloh) are cheap whores or dumb nor that they see us users as cattle with whom they deal as they please - but hell, why do act the way you did, why did you dictate your decision down to us, period, without any explanation and followed only by "cociu behaved on the forum" (which again, he actually did not)?

Without us, the users, LET is nothing. We may or may not be the raison d'etre of LET but we certainly are a vital means. So kindly don't treat us like cattle in a communist farm but provide us some insight and don't handle it pretty much the way cociu did.

@jsg said:
    cociu approached you and begged you on his knees along the lines "please, pretty please, give me another chance and unban me. If you don't, without LET my business won't survive" ... and you wanted to be fair and reasonable (also see next point) and promised him to think about it - which is fine and fair and I can understand it.

Nope - haven’t heard a word from @cociu

Thanked by 1jsg

How do you think @cociu's victims feel?

Probably not like they've had a penis jammed into them unwillingly but I confess I can't truly experience someone else's trauma.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@jsg said:
    I neither think that the LET admins (incl. jbiloh) are cheap whores or dumb nor that they see us users as cattle with whom they deal as they please - but hell, why do act the way you did, why did you dictate your decision down to us, period, without any explanation and followed only by "cociu behaved on the forum" (which again, he actually did not)?

If I may, I can answer that. Because of the "team" behind it which bashed and hated @cociu for his very cheap offers.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@default said: If I may, I can answer that. Because of the "team" behind it which bashed and hated @cociu for his very cheap offers.

My opinion on a ban is well known so I won't get into that.

As for the 'providers hating him because he ran cheap plans' is dumb. He ran those plans for literally 3+ years with minimal hate from providers. People pointed it out that it was unsustainable and providers only started to voice when it was obvious he was broke (constant credit top ups, overnight DC moves that he promises weren't DC moves, etc).

If anything the locals gave him way more rope to hang himself with than normal.

Francisco

edited July 2021

@Francisco said: If anything the locals gave him way more rope to hang himself with than normal

Times are changing. I remember when people would beg me to acknowledge behavior like that as negative. Today, I put my fingers to keyboard and testosterone boosted thugs puff out their chests and start yelling like their name is Karen and the Walmart greeter just asked them to put on a mask. Delimiter objectively failed less and the calls to ban them were loud and consistent, I was frequently accused of conspiracy for not banning them (they weren't even here, weren't making offers, wasn't anything for me to do in my eyes).

Never hurt me to let someone hang themselves by their own rope. So there's that.

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • LeeLee Veteran

@jar said: testosterone boosted thugs puff out their chests

@jar said: a penis jammed into them unwillingly

Got me all going now. Post more.

Thanked by 3jar LowLowLow seriesn
  • @jar said: Delimiter objectively failed

Do you have some ideas why they've failed?

edited July 2021

@alexvolk said:

@jar said: Delimiter objectively failed

Do you have some ideas why they've failed?

If I recall well, a mildly similar version of behavior at a lower scale.

Thanked by 1alexvolk