Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMCA Ignored Storage VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMCA Ignored Storage VPS

Comments

• @DarioX said:

@TimboJones said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@TimboJones said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@TimboJones said:

So, I want to know is there a limit of Bandwidth for slabs?
    and can I store video and share with other poeple (and not to worry about DMCA Notices)

To be clear, you're not asking for a storage server, you're looking for a large hosting server since you're serving to the public, not privately to friends.

Don't misrepresent yourself and you'll save you and potential providers a lot of hassle.

You are right about this, can you suggest me similar service to BuyVM?
    BuyVM looks really solid, I have used his service before but yes I wanted something to compare with

Just use socks5 proxy or VPN and then you can use any VPS that doesn't suck.

Can you tell me how to install socks5 proxy or vpn on the server?

Fuck no. Have you heard of Google?

It's blocked in the free republic of China!

mhmhmhmhmh

bing.com ? / DuckDuckGo / yahoo search?

• @DarioX said:

@TimboJones said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@TimboJones said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@TimboJones said:

and can I store video and share with other poeple (and not to worry about DMCA Notices)

To be clear, you're not asking for a storage server, you're looking for a large hosting server since you're serving to the public, not privately to friends.

Don't misrepresent yourself and you'll save you and potential providers a lot of hassle.

BuyVM looks really solid, I have used his service before but yes I wanted something to compare with

mhmhmhmhmh

Then move.

• DarioXDarioX Member

@TimboJones said:

@DarioX said:

@TimboJones said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@TimboJones said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@TimboJones said:

mhmhmhmhmh

Then move.

That would mean to betray the great free republic of China!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Francisco said: Sure, DMCA isn't a Europe law.

If someone files a complaint in Luxembourg you'll have to deal with it since then it's a local complaint.

I thought BuyVM ignored DMCA in any location because the company is Canadian.

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • @raindog308 said: I thought BuyVM ignored DMCA in any location because the company is Canadian.

Law of the land, can't ignore a law where DMCA is from tho

• darbdarb Member

DMCA is USA law; Canada has a similiar, but not called that and I am sure that every civilized nation has something similiar on the books.

• @darb said: I am sure that every civilized nation has something similiar on the books.

Aside EU (EUCD) and US (DMCA) i only know Japan has something similar. China and Russia do not protect foreign copyright, only local. Many countries opposed to the US (eg. Iran, most of the Caribbean and South America) do not even recognise foreign copyright at all.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited July 2021

@William said:

@darb said: I am sure that every civilized nation has something similiar on the books.

Aside EU (EUCD) and US (DMCA) i only know Japan has something similar. China and Russia do not protect foreign copyright, only local. Many countries opposed to the US (eg. Iran, most of the Caribbean and South America) do not even recognise foreign copyright at all.

As far as EU goes Estonia's laws don't forbid downloading copyrighted materials. Uploading is kind of gray area. EUCD can suck a ...

So if you can find any estonian VPS providers on estonian networks it should work. But afaik there are basically none or the prices are absurd.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2021

@serv_ee said: As far as EU goes Estonia's laws don't forbid downloading copyrighted materials. Uploading is kind of gray area. EUCD can suck a ...

EUCD has nothing to do with downloading (and never had). It is specifically only for offering content to others, thus uploading and websites.

EUCD also overrides local laws in EU member states, like any EU directive.

OP wants to literally publicly host warez, which absolutely is also in Estonia illegal.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • @William said:

@serv_ee said: As far as EU goes Estonia's laws don't forbid downloading copyrighted materials. Uploading is kind of gray area. EUCD can suck a ...

EUCD has nothing to do with downloading (and never had). It is specifically only for offering content to others, thus uploading and websites.

EUCD also overrides local laws in EU member states, like any EU directive.

OP wants to literally publicly host warez, which absolutely is also in Estonia illegal.

Public hosting warez is illegal indeed. However EU directives overriding our laws is a whole another story that I'd rather not go into here

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2021

@serv_ee said: However EU directives overriding our laws is a whole another story that I'd rather not go into here

... that is a basic EU principle, if you voted YES to join you should have been aware of that.

Same as extradition between EU member states, eg. Germany does not extradite citizens anywhere, in any case, except inside EU.

• Aware or not it's a long long discussion here already that it's breaking our own constitution.

Not that it matters I voted no.

• Hostsolutions.ro is number 1 for below reasons:

A. Dmca ignored
    B. Eu ignored
    C. Tikets ignored
    D. * ignored

Thanked by 2dosai Devil
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@dahartigan said:
    Hostsolutions.ro is number 1 for below reasons:

A. Dmca ignored
    B. Eu ignored
    C. Tikets ignored
    D. * ignored

And from a scientific perspective, if anybody wants to know where it all actually goes, think of all the hyperspace in /dev/null.

• HikariHikari Member

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@TimboJones said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@TimboJones said:

In China, proxies are widely used for accessing to banned sites like Youtube and Google. We usually use Shadowsocks\V2ray\Trojan-GFW, I don't know if you need such complex tools...
    Here is a one-key shell from Github, with it you can install Qbittorrent service and a socks5 proxy(Trojan-GFW). It is open source, you can check it first.
    But I personally suggest you just buy VPNs, they provide many servers in multi locations. Some can be used for torrents according to the websites. Much easier and time saving...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jahrinc said: Law of the land, can't ignore a law where DMCA is from tho

Here is what I was thinking of:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/68/hosts-that-allowed-torrents-seedbox

• HikariHikari Member

@Hikari said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@TimboJones said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@TimboJones said:

In China, proxies are widely used for accessing to banned sites like Youtube and Google. We usually use Shadowsocks\V2ray\Trojan-GFW, I don't know if you need such complex tools...
    Here is a one-key shell from Github, with it you can install Qbittorrent service and a socks5 proxy(Trojan-GFW). It is open source, you can check it first.
    But I personally suggest you just buy VPNs, they provide many servers in multi locations. Some can be used for torrents according to the websites. Much easier and time saving...

https://github.com/johnrosen1/vpstoolbox
    remember also seletc Filebrowser when installing, and you can get free domains from https://www.namesilo.com/

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited July 2021

I believe @Francisco ignores incomplete DMCA or not valid ones in the states. A lot of "agencies" don't even know how to file a proper one.

• HikariHikari Member

@William said:

@darb said: I am sure that every civilized nation has something similiar on the books.

I guess in those states, Big Companies do respect copyrights of global giants like Disney. At least in China a person everyone do torrents for personal use but companies dear not. They have money and fear sues from Disney...

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

Can't someone simply buy a VPS with lots of space and bandwidth, then use any VPN offer (like FastestVPN, Keepsolid VPN-Unlimited, Seed4Me, NordVPN) to keep the VPS always connected through the VPN and seed the adult content through that VPN?

In such scenario, all one needs is just a LET offer for a big VPS or dedi.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited July 2021

@default said:
    Can't someone simply buy a VPS with lots of space and bandwidth, then use any VPN offer (like FastestVPN, Keepsolid VPN-Unlimited, Seed4Me, NordVPN) to keep the VPS always connected through the VPN and seed the adult content through that VPN?

She can if the VPN also supports port forwarding, plus, I don't really get why this is not a more common practice today. People simply lack the know-how? Or because the idea itself is mostly overshadowed by the “DMCA-ignored” shit?

• @0xbkt said: I don't really get why this is not a more common practice today.

You pay twice, that's why. For VPS and VPN.
    It is enough to look at the budget of the creators of such posts to understand why this is not a "common practice".

• @0xbkt said:

@default said:

She can if the VPN also supports port forwarding, plus, I don't really get why this is not a more common practice today. People simply lack the know-how? Or because the idea itself is mostly overshadowed by the “DMCA-ignored” shit?

Mostly lack of know-how, but it's also a hassle in that it's one more thing that can break. I use PIA (paid) and VPN unlimited (free, but more reliable than PIA) socks5 proxy and I have to manually restart QB from time to time from buggy proxy code and that socks5 proxies just have random downtime. Then I fallback to Cloud at Cost without any proxy.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@VayVayKa said:

@0xbkt said: I don't really get why this is not a more common practice today.

It is enough to look at the budget of the creators of such posts to understand why this is not a "common practice".

From time to time, very cheap lifetime offers on FastestVPN and on KeepSolid appear. Seed4Me offered even free yearly service with coupons. There are also other VPNs, which may be more expensive, or more cheaper.

The biggest inconvenience I can predict is the bandwidth, which obviously is not gigabit with VPNs. The server may have gigabit connection in his offer, but VPN connection will heavily limit all that bandwidth. So I am guessing people also want gigabit for fast seeding of a new torrent in some private tracker (in order to get their ratio high), while also downloading/viewing the adult content faster.

• AlphaVPS does not allow no DMCA contents, you can use it as backup.
    BuyVM is the bottom price which meet your requirements.
    However your neighbours does the same thing which made their network unstable.
    It's nearly unable to use in China (If your clients targets to).
    I suggest you buy a dedicated server instead of slabs.
    If no money, reduce your website scale first.

• @default said:

Most people dont know how to operate though..

• truwebtruweb Member

@William said:

Here in Brazil, copyright laws allow you to download a pirated file and keep it on your computer for up to 48 hours. Without being able to share.
    You are also allowed a copy of something original for backup.

Last week, the police arrested several people for piracy. Several websites were shut down.

• nvmenvme Member

@default said:

@VayVayKa said:

@0xbkt said: I don't really get why this is not a more common practice today.

From time to time, very cheap lifetime offers on FastestVPN and on KeepSolid appear. Seed4Me offered even free yearly service with coupons. There are also other VPNs, which may be more expensive, or more cheaper.

The biggest inconvenience I can predict is the bandwidth, which obviously is not gigabit with VPNs. The server may have gigabit connection in his offer, but VPN connection will heavily limit all that bandwidth. So I am guessing people also want gigabit for fast seeding of a new torrent in some private tracker (in order to get their ratio high), while also downloading/viewing the adult content faster.

I have been doing this currently. Pi + Deluge + Keepsolid lifetime on public tracker.
    The bandwidth was good initially, was able to get 100-120 mbit. Now I am getting throttled or it could be just that there are too many users, getting speeds in the range of 10-20 mbit.

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited July 2021

@nvme said:
    I have been doing this currently. Pi + Deluge + Keepsolid lifetime on public tracker.
    The bandwidth was good initially, was able to get 100-120 mbit. Now I am getting throttled or it could be just that there are too many users, getting speeds in the range of 10-20 mbit.

Home server? I can pipe up to 1-3 Gbit/s on Hetzner Cloud (Nuremberg) through Mullvad's owned Switzerland servers. OpenVPN is much slower than WireGuard.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • nvmenvme Member

@0xbkt said:

@nvme said:

Home server? I can pipe up to 1-3 Gbit/s on Hetzner Cloud through Mullvad's owned Switzerland servers. OpenVPN is much slower than WireGuard.

Yeah, at home. I am using Wireguard and current internet speed is 300 mbit at home.
    Will try mullvad and see how it works.