Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Home Router ! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your Home Router !

124»

Comments

1. Router: ASUS AX-86U (main router), ASUS AX56U (wired AiMesh), 1 Eero Pro 6, 1 Eero Pro 2nd Gen, 3 Eero
    2. Interface: Cat 6 from router to access points, separate wifi networks on asus and eero devices
    3. Internet Speed: 2 Gbps down, 1 Gbps Up, bonded as 2x1gbps on AX86U using dual wan
    4. Expenditure: $70/month (52 USD)
    5. Country: Singapore
    Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

Well, this is how upgrades happen, people will have 1 Gbps download and the UL speed will remain the same :pensive:

I have no idea why USA and AUS have such strange issues with the internet.
    Frankly, when people were talking about OneWeb and the like I was thinking, OMG, such investment for cruise ships and freedom of speech in china/iran/russia/turkey/(insert any other country with censored internet here) but I get it now, In come countries and places it would be an improvement over the existing infrastructure :P

• XiaomingXiaoming Member
    edited June 2021

Router: Netgear WNDR4300
    Interface: Lan & WIFI Both
    Internet Speed: 1G down 100M up
    Expenditure: 150CNY(23$) / m
    Living Country: Guangzhou, China

It's a package with mobile phone, with 3 sim card, 70G data, 700min voice call. Normal price is 199CNY(31$).
    Can't imagine there is ISP that limit data transfer on residential fiber. :|

• wionswions Member

@jegh said:
    I stopped using a home router a long time ago, it kills the uptime on my network as most routers crash often and will sometimes require a reboot to apply config changes (Asus RT- series is a prime example of this).

I plug the WAN from my ISP directly into a port on a VLAN switch, then I connect my server to this switch and configures the port as a WAN+LAN trunk port. This way the server has a direct connection to the WAN, and does not have to rely on a router to access the internet. Then I run HDCP and NAT Masquerade on the server, to give internet access to the other devices in the home network.

Server: Acer Aspire 7738G laptop
    Wifi AP: Asus RT-AC66U
    Switch: Zyxel GS1200-5
    Speed: 10/10 Mbps
    Expenditure: Included in rent

Interesting setup, but your speed is 1.25 MB/s? Is this a GPRS cellular connection? At least the price is right.

• jeghjegh Member

@wions said:
    Interesting setup, but your speed is 1.25 MB/s? Is this a GPRS cellular connection? At least the price is right.

It's a FTTB (ethernet) connection. The speed that is included is 1.25 MB/s, but you can upgrade if you want, a 1000/100 Mbps connection would cost me 30€/month for example.

It is very common in apartment buildings in Finland, that the building owner makes a deal with the ISP to give each tenant 10 Mbps internet and TV that is included in the rent. For this deal, usually the building owner would pay the ISP ~3 €/month per apartment. Then the ISP makes their money by trying to sell upgrades to the customer.

• MarcoooMarcooo Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said:

@Marcooo said: No typo i am me own network provider so only need to pay monthly for the cable.

Could you elaborate? I find that hard to understand, even in a DC you cannot have those rates.

the DC space and networking i already have and i am friends with me old isp and he is located in the same DC as where i am so i got a dal with him :-)