Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New VPS Suggestion - Moving away from Host Solutions - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New VPS Suggestion - Moving away from Host Solutions

2»

Comments

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited May 2021

@LowLowLow said:
    Thanks - that's one possibility off the list now!

I'm currently looking at https://alexhost.com/dmca/

I'm trying to find what hosthatch say

@chip said:

@swat4 said:
    Let's see if @seriesn can offer you some sort of refugee programme - they are running a 40% rebate for now, ending soon though.

If not, you can also try looking for previous posts of @WebHorizon @NDTN @DataIdeas-Josh @hosthatch to see if you can find something of your interest.

Nexusbytes doesn't allow tormenting of any sort...I asked

If you are looking for AlexHost for DMCA, that is pretty fine. They allow that. And their price is not so expensive.

That happened because a large and Strong DDoS Attack. Usually when Alexhost doesn't have that kind of attack, Uptime are great :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@LowLowLow said: MaM books

Friendliness, warmth, and sharing.

Thanked by 2LowLowLow seriesn
  • Yes yes!
    >
    @raindog308 said:

@LowLowLow said: MaM books

Friendliness, warmth, and sharing.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2021

@swat4 said:
    Let's see if @seriesn can offer you some sort of refugee programme - they are running a 40% rebate for now, ending soon though.

If not, you can also try looking for previous posts of @WebHorizon @NDTN @DataIdeas-Josh @hosthatch to see if you can find something of your interest.

Thank you for the shout out. $3.33/month is pretty hard to get for 1TB.

@LowLowLow what is the specs you looking for and budget?

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@shunglay said:
    Me too, and I think hosthatch will be a good choice which can offer us storage kvm and nvme kvm plan.

Not really a fan of profiting from tragedy, and we won't be timing any promotions around how this ends up.

There are several good options around for people looking to move.

Thanked by 2_MS_ notarobo
  • @hosthatch said:

@shunglay said:
    Me too, and I think hosthatch will be a good choice which can offer us storage kvm and nvme kvm plan.

Not really a fan of profiting from tragedy, and we won't be timing any promotions around how this ends up.

There are several good options around for people looking to move.

No no no, althought I'm not a fan of hosthatch now, it's not the first time I had known hosthatch and I would like to choose hosthatch beaceuse of its good stability of server.

• elliotcelliotc Member

You cannot find another storage provider allow torrenting. Go for a seedbox.

• KodisKodis Member

You can try inceptionhosting.com
    works for me.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@LowLowLow said:
    Morning all

I'm going to move away from HostSolutions in the next few days, I have a 1TB KVM / 1GB ram ($40/yr). My vps is constantly going down with no explanation, support tickets go unanswered.

The vps will simply be used for closed group torrenting (MaM), using swizzin and potentially nextcloud. I'm a low end user, my data is less than 50GB and data transfer is negligible.

I don't particularly want US. I've been looking at offers for the last hour and can't see the wood for the trees now - what providers should I filter down to?

Many thanks all

You can come to us but we don't have a Romanian location.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@elliotc said: You cannot find another storage provider allow torrenting.

"Hold my beer."
    -- BuyVM

• andrewnandrewn Member

@BharatB any special offer?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@andrewn said:
    @BharatB any special offer?

No, just noticed we ran out of storage, you could try @buyvm

• @raindog308 said:

"Hold my beer."
    -- BuyVM

Rumours has it there is going to be big restock around 21st in lux ready your bots

• Thanks for all the suggestion guys! I've had a few DM's to double check TOS's and have settled on a provider :D

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@codelock said:

@raindog308 said:

"Hold my beer."
    -- BuyVM

Rumours has it there is going to be big restock around 21st in lux ready your bots

Nah, that'd be nice but I don't expect all the XC's to be ready by then. There's no way Luxconnect will pre-run my GTT XC's w/o an LOA in hand :) I don't get said LOA until the 21st or so (but maybe sooner!).

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@codelock said:

@raindog308 said:

"Hold my beer."
    -- BuyVM

Nah, that'd be nice but I don't expect all the XC's to be ready by then. There's no way Luxconnect will pre-run my GTT XC's w/o an LOA in hand :) I don't get said LOA until the 21st or so (but maybe sooner!).

Francisco

Lux aside - we need some of that Miami goodness, kind sir :-)

@NobodyInteresting said:

Funny story with MIA.

Our GTT port is provisioned already over there. The one location we don't need the port in yet, is good to go.

Francisco

Thanked by 1suricloud
  • @Francisco said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Funny story with MIA.

Our GTT port is provisioned already over there. The one location we don't need the port in yet, is good to go.

Francisco

That is awesome! When will it be available?

@NobodyInteresting said: That is awesome! When will it be available?

I don't know. I'm still sourcing gear. Its been hard to find things like chassis and the likes.

I have a few other projects I need to button up before I can get MIA online.

We have some anti resource abuse stuff I'm just finishing up and I want GTT in all 3 locations before I go get busy on the 4th.

Past that, most gear is in hand.

Francisco

• edited May 2021

@hosthatch said:

@seriesn at NexusBytes was offering his current discount in celebration of EID & started this sale before any news broke of Host Solutions possible demise.

I think it's pretty awesome of @seriesn to give discounts for EID & would encourage you to consider the same for the world's 2nd largest religion.

Thanked by 2seriesn hosthatch
  • kalipuskalipus Member

it works for me on private trackers, but i don't think they ignore it completely , they are canadian based and resell from other datacenters, in Paris it is online.net