Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New VPS Suggestion - Moving away from Host Solutions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New VPS Suggestion - Moving away from Host Solutions

Morning all

I'm going to move away from HostSolutions in the next few days, I have a 1TB KVM / 1GB ram ($40/yr). My vps is constantly going down with no explanation, support tickets go unanswered.

The vps will simply be used for closed group torrenting (MaM), using swizzin and potentially nextcloud. I'm a low end user, my data is less than 50GB and data transfer is negligible.

I don't particularly want US. I've been looking at offers for the last hour and can't see the wood for the trees now - what providers should I filter down to?

Many thanks all

Thanked by 2pbx JasonM

Comments

• Should try @hotlineservers but location is US tho

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • swat4swat4 Member

Let's see if @seriesn can offer you some sort of refugee programme - they are running a 40% rebate for now, ending soon though.

If not, you can also try looking for previous posts of @WebHorizon @NDTN @DataIdeas-Josh @hosthatch to see if you can find something of your interest.

• Thanks matey, it's just the whole dcma thing, whilst I grab a few things outside of the closed group and stop sharing instantly, never know!

@Sanjue007 said:
    Should try @hotlineservers but location is US tho

• Thankyou - I must have missed their posts whilst searching, I only share on MaM (about 200 books), now and again I'll grab something from another site, but stop the share immediately

@swat4 said:
    Let's see if @seriesn can offer you some sort of refugee programme - they are running a 40% rebate for now, ending soon though.

If not, you can also try looking for previous posts of @WebHorizon @NDTN @DataIdeas-Josh @hosthatch to see if you can find something of your interest.

• swat4swat4 Member

@LowLowLow said:
    Thankyou - I must have missed their posts whilst searching, I only share on MaM (about 200 books), now and again I'll grab something from another site, but stop the share immediately

I totally understand your pain when losing all data suddenly. The providers abovementioned are have been in the market for long enough and have proven to be reliable and with very good up-time.

Forgot to mention - You can also take a slice + Slab with @Francisco. One of the most reputable providers here.

• I've just been looking at @seriesn's post with 40% off, the Entry VPS - Entry-3G is pretty much what I need, going to the copyright section, I wonder whether this is monitored

@swat4 said:

@LowLowLow said:
    Thankyou - I must have missed their posts whilst searching, I only share on MaM (about 200 books), now and again I'll grab something from another site, but stop the share immediately

I totally understand your pain when losing all data suddenly. The providers abovementioned are have been in the market for long enough and have proven to be reliable and with very good up-time.

Forgot to mention - You can also take a slice + Slab with @Francisco. One of the most reputable providers here.

• pbxpbx Member

Good storage VPSes are hard to find (at least at the price @cociu was offering them).

• AmirGTAmirGT Member

Go for Big @Francisco @ https://buyvm.net/, he won't disappoint you.

Thanked by 2pbx rooted
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Your problem would be the DMCA ignore part. Most reputable providers simply won't ignore all copyright infringement notices. There are some exceptions, sure - but many would not risk it all for a 40EUR/year customer.

In terms of regular storage - I believe ours are pretty nice and often out of stock - https://alphavps.com/storage-vps.html . Higher priced, but online at all times :)

• Thankyou, I looked at buyvm - nexusbytes seems more affordable?

@AmirGT said:
    Go for Big @Francisco @ https://buyvm.net/, he won't disappoint you.

• I only use rtorrent/swizzin on it, at max I have 50GB stored, only bought that one because it was on offer at the time. Hopefully it'll come up shortly to sync what's left!

@pbx said:
    Good storage VPSes are hard to find (at least at the price @cociu was offering them).

Thanked by 1pbx
  • I'm just double checking things like that, if I did get one I'd stop and remove the offending book at that moment. Now and again I grab something from 1337x and stop sharing soon as I get it. I'm pretty risk adverse!

@AlexBarakov said:
    Your problem would be the DMCA ignore part. Most reputable providers simply won't ignore all copyright infringement notices. There are some exceptions, sure - but many would not risk it all for a 40EUR/year customer.

In terms of regular storage - I believe ours are pretty nice and often out of stock - https://alphavps.com/storage-vps.html . Higher priced, but online at all times :)

• zappatazappata Member

Had a small storage vps at alphavps. Was running quite well. Moved to hostsolutions because 480gb, 4core, 4gb… 40€ one year… well let‘s be honest: at the moment it looks like 40€/5 months and lots of data gone. And on some HDDs which will be sold in romania..

• Going to be an interesting week, thankfully I have zero personal data on the vps, just MaM books and a few windows iso's

@zappata said:
    Had a small storage vps at alphavps. Was running quite well. Moved to hostsolutions because 480gb, 4core, 4gb… 40€ one year… well let‘s be honest: at the moment it looks like 40€/5 months and lots of data gone. And on some HDDs which will be sold in romania..

• aRNoLDaRNoLD Member

1x 2.4+ GHz
    1 GB RAM (+ 1 GB for 2 years)
    2 TB disk
    8 TB bandwidth
    $50 per year
    https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/lax-2tb-storage

50>40 for one year, but not much, plus the HDD is 2TB, double your space of 1TB.

• Thanks for that, I'm currently looking at them and nexusbytes (Entry VPS - Entry-6G)

@aRNoLD said:
    1x 2.4+ GHz
    1 GB RAM (+ 1 GB for 2 years)
    2 TB disk
    8 TB bandwidth
    $50 per year
    https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/lax-2tb-storage

50>40 for one year, but not much, plus the HDD is 2TB, double your space of 1TB.

• chipchip Member

@swat4 said:

Nexusbytes doesn't allow tormenting of any sort...I asked

• bdlbdl Member

@chip said:

@swat4 said:

No torrenting either :)

Thanked by 3vyas11 LowLowLow Kebab
  • LowLowLowLowLowLow Member
    edited May 2021

Thanks - that's one possibility off the list now!

I'm currently looking at https://alexhost.com/dmca/

I'm trying to find what hosthatch say

@chip said:

@swat4 said:

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited May 2021

@LowLowLow said: I'm trying to find what hosthatch say

This.

@hosthatch said: We are not the most torrent-friendly provider nor do we want that reputation. But yes, you can as long as there are no abuse reports. I don't think the location makes a difference.

And this.

@hosthatch said: We forward all DMCA/other abuse reports to you and ask you to take care of them within 24h. But we're not really looking to deal with a lot of DMCA complaints on these plans.

Worst case scenario is that we'll ask you to find another provider at some point if you keep getting repeated reports.

Ref: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3158642/#Comment_3158642

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • Thankyou so much for that - I don't know why my searches arn't picking these discussions up

I'll have another look at their pricing and any offers :)

@thedp said:

@LowLowLow said: I'm trying to find what hosthatch say

This.

@hosthatch said: We are not the most torrent-friendly provider nor do we want that reputation. But yes, you can as long as there are no abuse reports. I don't think the location makes a difference.

And this.

@hosthatch said: We forward all DMCA/other abuse reports to you and ask you to take care of them within 24h. But we're not really looking to deal with a lot of DMCA complaints on these plans.

Worst case scenario is that we'll ask you to find another provider at some point if you keep getting repeated reports.

Ref: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3158642/#Comment_3158642

• MytonnMytonn Member

@LowLowLow said:
    Thanks - that's one possibility off the list now!

I'm currently looking at https://alexhost.com/dmca/

I'm trying to find what hosthatch say

@chip said:

@swat4 said:

I did not heard good things about alexhost. So much downtime.

• Which site did you hear that from?

• naingnaing Member

@AlexBarakov said: In terms of regular storage - I believe ours are pretty nice and often out of stock - https://alphavps.com/storage-vps.html . Higher priced, but online at all times :)

It's nice, but I think you can do better. For example, comparing your 256 GB plan (about $30/year) to other offers on the LET frontpage, yours is almost twice the price of the 250 GB storage plan of HostHatch (and they offer much more bandwidth), and for $30 you can get 500 GB storage KVM from GreenCloud. Maybe your service is more premium, but they are all reputable providers as well.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@naing said:

@AlexBarakov said: In terms of regular storage - I believe ours are pretty nice and often out of stock - https://alphavps.com/storage-vps.html . Higher priced, but online at all times :)

It's nice, but I think you can do better. For example, comparing your 256 GB plan (about $30/year) to other offers on the LET frontpage, yours is almost twice the price of the 250 GB storage plan of HostHatch (and they offer much more bandwidth), and for $30 you can get 500 GB storage KVM from GreenCloud. Maybe your service is more premium, but they are all reputable providers as well.

I am in no way trying to compete with the lowest offers on the market. :)

Thanked by 3naing skorous vedran
  • Me too, and I think hosthatch will be a good choice which can offer us storage kvm and nvme kvm plan.

• jahrincjahrinc Member

Just go with @Francisco BuyVM on Luxembourg, no need to worry about dmca in that location. Been torrenting for like 7 months on public trackers, no issues at all.

Currently got a 8GB server + 6 TB HDD

• OujiOuji Member

@jahrinc said: Currently got a 8GB server + 6 TB HDD

What else do you host that you need 8GB?

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited May 2021

@Ouji said: What else do you host that you need 8GB?

Is not about what I host is more about the network "limitation" or being able to use 200mbps 24/7.

Although unmetered, the network usage is fair use, therefore, you are entitled or can use 100mbps 24/7 per 4 GB RAM.

In my case I can use 200ish mbps 24x7 without any issues, I do have 1.2gbps spikes without any issues, but my daily average is like 220mbps. Which I cannot or should use that much on a lower plan because then i'd get capped.

Thanked by 1Ouji