Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 61
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• This is the drama I visit LET for. Don't let this thread die down you all!

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • @sdglhm said:
    This is the drama I visit LET for. Don't let this thread die down you all!

The provider might die even before this thread does..

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

Someone register Involucrated.club

plenty of host to join the club

• LeviLevi Member
    edited June 2021

@MikePT at this point you should know more about Borta activity and plans. Does he have intention to come back or just parceling assets and running like a true, classical scammer?

• @GOBBLES said:

@sdglhm said:
    This is the drama I visit LET for. Don't let this thread die down you all!

The provider might die even before this thread does..

The provider may already be dead but this thread will continue!

• At this point I absolutely see no point where he should come back from his point of view. Like someone already said: Sell the assets and just run. He is in Romania and to be honest he can be sure that nearly nobody will file any report against him. Provider tag removed, brand name more than wasted and reputation also wasted. What's in for him to return? That we don't call him a scammer. Well I think he will get over it.

Thanked by 1AndreiGhesi
  • he might be selling the entire business

• I see no value besides the IPs and some old servers with eventually broken drives…

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@zappata said:
    ...What's in for him to return? ...

Plenty of people who'd happily buy his cheap services and some even said so publicly.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Glad to see some people got theirs back online.

Mine in 45.14.151.0/22 is still MIA.

• defaultdefault Veteran

Maybe we love drama too much but I think he reorganizes his business and network, trying to sell what surplus he has and make some money to get back on track. I think after this hit with Chia, he might change the business perspectives. I guess we shall see what future brings.

@default said:
    Maybe we love drama too much but I think he reorganizes his business and network, trying to sell what surplus he has and make some money to get back on track. I think after this hit with Chia, he might change the business perspectives. I guess we shall see what future brings.

Actually it would not even be complicated. From what I know all his major clusterf_cks were storage related. All his other products worked fine; not great, availability more like 98.5% - 99.5% but still, that's OK for many especially at his low prices.

The real problem I see is one however that he seems to be incapable to solve or to even address: his severe lack in terms of communications and staying with an acceptable frame of behaviour.

TL;DR It's not even the disks that really created this clusterf_ck, it's himself.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited June 2021

I hope cociu is okay, this must be an extremely shit time for him.

EDIT: Forgot a word, durr

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@dahartigan said:
    I hope cociu is okay, this must be an extremely time for him.

You sound like a Politician, try to tell me that was the last lockdown and we learned, it won't happen again.
    The Endless is a good movie btw.

Thanked by 2dahartigan BlaZe
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2021

@jsg said:

The real problem I see is one however that he seems to be incapable to solve or to even address: his severe lack in terms of communications and staying with an acceptable frame of behaviour.

TL;DR It's not even the disks that really created this clusterf_ck, it's himself.

I absolutely agree with you. Maybe he is not good with communication to begin with. Maybe the solution would be to hire someone, like a sales agent with good English, who could represent HostSolutions online through diplomacy and information upon request. The value of such an employee can obviously be seen in these painful threads.

He is a business man, it's normal to not have time for LET and reorganize business priorities. But it's not normal to leave customers in the dark, so a support employee could shine and take this burden.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Neoon said:

@dahartigan said:

You sound like a Politician, try to tell me that was the last lockdown and we learned, it won't happen again.

History will always repeat itself, because we never learn. We remain the same, only the toys change, because of evolution. It's like children and youngsters never listening to elderly, even though they always have new computing power and new toys to use.

The end is always nigh, simply because it can happen anytime.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@default said:

@Neoon said:

@dahartigan said:

History will always repeat itself, because we never learn. We remain the same, only the toys change, because of evolution. It's like children and youngsters never listening to elderly, even though they always have new computing power and new toys to use.

The end is always nigh, simply because it can happen anytime.

What did I just read ... :o

• LeviLevi Member

Wonder, what fanatics will say when Borta will sell last subnet...

@default said:
    ... Maybe the solution would be to hire someone, like a sales agent with good English, who could represent HostSolutions online through diplomacy and information upon request. The value of such an employee can obviously be seen in these painful threads.

Sorry, but No, it can't. You see there is someone here, even someone with a good reputation and credibility (@MikePT). But he gets hardly more information than we do although I'm confident that MikePT would, if he got some, forward updated information even for free. The problem as well as the potential solution is with and in @cociu himself.

Thanked by 2default MikePT
  • EddingEdding Member

@Edding said:
    Well now my Server on BUCSSD3 node is down again and it looks like the Prefix of the ip-Range issnt announced anymore
    45.14.148.0/22
    wtf ?

up again :o

• @LTniger said:

Involucration.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@dahartigan said:

@LTniger said:

Involucration.

Is that the same as involuntary deprecation?

• @M66B said:

@dahartigan said:

@LTniger said:

Involucration.

Is that the same as involuntary deprecation?

It could be, for all I know lol

• thestothesto Member
    edited June 2021

Looks like there is now a pre-filled EU small claims form for HostSolutions.ro. Who put that up there? 🤷‍♂️

Is the email of the competent court still [email protected]?

Might be handy if there is ever an issue with extended downtime. 😬

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited June 2021

@thesto said:
    Looks like there is now a pre-filled EU small claims form for HostSolutions.ro. Who put that up there? 🤷‍♂️

Is the email of the competent court still [email protected]?

Might be handy if there is ever an issue with extended downtime. 😬

lol, but for contact details the one put in 'cociu' 🤦‍♂️
    like if his name isn't known or easily to google for...

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited June 2021

@raindog308 said:
    (image replaced)

A missing not in line 2?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Fixed - thanks @angstrom.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited June 2021

@raindog308 said:
    Fixed - thanks @angstrom.

"They they" in the second paragraph should probably be "Then they" ?

Thanked by 2angstrom raindog308
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@M66B said: "They they" in the second paragraph should probably be "Then they" ?

I am a disaster. Fixed. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.