Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ELI5: what is causing the transistor shortage? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ELI5: what is causing the transistor shortage?

2»

Comments

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@William said: Tsunamis in Indonesia and the Phillipines

We had tsunamis? I haven't heard any

• rcxbrcxb Member

Hundreds of millions of people have received COVID-19 vaccinations in a very short time. Someone has to make all those mind-control microchips that go in each dose...

Thanked by 2Francisco raindog308
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rcxb said:
    Hundreds of millions of people have received COVID-19 vaccinations in a very short time. Someone has to make all those mind-control microchips that go in each dose...

Bill's tired of having to pay for his stripper parties so just chipping everyone is a lot easier.

Francisco

• WilliamWilliam Member

@jcaleb said: We had tsunamis? I haven't heard any

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Surigae most recent one

And in Indonesias East Nusa Tenggara province it rains since 4th April insanely hard, cutting multiple streets off entirely.

I keep eg. track via the German mail site that has insanely good infos about global shipping status:

https://www.deutschepost.de/de/b/briefe-ins-ausland/global-mail-observer.html

• @William said:

@TimboJones said: Now you're speaking french. No comprende. Making less sense than before.

Its actually a perfectly valid sentence in english.

And the answer is circumstantial, mostly by covid and related. The production capacity is the same, but covid caused shortages in the chain AND sold more devices globally.

I was saying what he asked and how he tried to explain what he meant didn't jive.

"what is causing the transistor shortage?"
    "so it isn't supply overweighing demand?"

There is a shortage, so confirming if the cause was caused by oversupply is nonsensical.

Then to clarify his question above, he says:
    "the point was is it circumstantial or a flaw in production capabilities as a whole"

A question of oversupply doesn't have anything to do with circumstantial flaws in production causing shortages. It would have been correct to say, "I meant to say 'so it isn't demand overweighing supply?'" which would then make sense asking if its circumstantial or if continued demand requires innovation to increase supply permanently.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@TimboJones said:

@William said:

@TimboJones said: Now you're speaking french. No comprende. Making less sense than before.

Its actually a perfectly valid sentence in english.

And the answer is circumstantial, mostly by covid and related. The production capacity is the same, but covid caused shortages in the chain AND sold more devices globally.

I was saying what he asked and how he tried to explain what he meant didn't jive.

"what is causing the transistor shortage?"
    "so it isn't supply overweighing demand?"

There is a shortage, so confirming if the cause was caused by oversupply is nonsensical.

Then to clarify his question above, he says:
    "the point was is it circumstantial or a flaw in production capabilities as a whole"

A question of oversupply doesn't have anything to do with circumstantial flaws in production causing shortages. It would have been correct to say, "I meant to say 'so it isn't demand overweighing supply?'" which would then make sense asking if its circumstantial or if continued demand requires innovation to increase supply permanently.

yeehaw partner 🤠