Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DOGE Coin going to the moon? SNL? Musk effect? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DOGE Coin going to the moon? SNL? Musk effect?

124»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@William said: IMO the USD is backed by the US armed forces

Not sure if that works as a modifier :joy:

Posted as I cross the border.... quickly.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

iExec RLC went up 204% within 24 hours.....

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@William said:

@TimboJones said: This global semiconductor shortage is killing lots of products and projects with 52 week lead times for lots of parts.

52? Try 70+ for some 10c Mosfets. I see some diodes (eg. specific medium voltage Schottky ones for automotive) at nearly 100 by now.

Days or weeks? You're saying there's a 2 year delay on some production??

Francisco

• WilliamWilliam Member

Yes, 2 years. Car manufacturers are getting fucked hard right now.

• pierrepierre Member

This aged quite well. DOGE dropped to just under $0.56/coin (almost 18% loss) at the time of making this post.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@William said:
    Yes, 2 years. Car manufacturers are getting fucked hard right now.

Jesus, and that's hoping that Taiwan doesn't get shutdown due to the water shortages. There's talks that if things don't improve soon that they'll have to shut down 2 of the biggest production parks in the summer.

Francisco

Thanked by 1ramonwap
  • play with DOGE nicely :D

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@TimboJones said:

@rcy026 said: Being able to pay the baker is the absolute fundamental idea behind cryptocurrency. You should be able to pay the baker directly, without interference or having to rely on a third party. Hence, that is an argument for cc, not against.

Umm, is cryptocurrency considered paying without using a third party and a blockchain?

1) No transactions are done between JUST two people, requires a third to provide the "proof", no?
    2) A payment processing fee that is paid by one person that doesn't go to buyer or seller, which goes to a third party for processing/proving the payment.

I think the only "without interference or having to rely on a third party" is cash, as that literally can be a deal done between two people, without a third party (if you don't consider the treasury to be the third party), and no third party processing fee.

Also, IMO, I think "cc" is owned by "credit cards" and doesn't help calling crypto currency "cc" as well.

When people say that crypto does not require a third party, one usually means that there is no controlling third party. Nobody "own" crypto.
    Yes, you need a blockchain, but anybody can run that blockchain, it does not need to be a big bank or some other authority, literally any pc anywhere in the world will do.

And no, cash does rely on a third party, very much. If you use a $100 bill, what makes it worth $100? The paper, the ink, or the fact that the third party who printed it says it is worth $100? If all the banks in the world was removed, how much do you think your $100 bill would be worth?

When discussing cryptocurrency, the abbreviation "cc" is often used as meaning cryptocurrency. It all comes down to context I guess.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@Francisco said: Jesus, and that's hoping that Taiwan doesn't get shutdown due to the water shortages. There's talks that if things don't improve soon that they'll have to shut down 2 of the biggest production parks in the summer.

I heard TSMC is already importing water from nearby countries (as tanker capacity is hard to get). I also heard there are plans for a large desalination plant (nuclear power is plenty in Taiwan). But all of this takes time to get up and running.

And yes, if water is short wafer production dies out - Producing wafers is month long process, all in the middle of it would be entirely lost.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

how many here use bots for trading? I setup 3commas a few days ago, for scalping like trading. It's been pretty amazing so far.

• Doge is still one of my favour cryptos. It may not go to the moon but $1 per coin is very likely. :)

• xx00xxxx00xx Member

@William said:

I still have an encrypted wallet with over 1000 BTC - don't remember password. Don't cry for them either.

just try to decrypt it

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@xx00xx said: just try to decrypt it

I had our GPU cluster run against it for a long time. I know it's generated password of over over 64 chars, including german umlauts and ,.;:-_´`?=)(/&%$§"! so it is pointless.

Waste of power, so we went back to mining ETH.

Thanked by 1xx00xx
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@try4lontalk said:
    Doge is still one of my favour cryptos. It may not go to the moon but $1 per coin is very likely. :)

well its literally going to the moon

• @rcy026 said:

@TimboJones said:

@rcy026 said: Being able to pay the baker is the absolute fundamental idea behind cryptocurrency. You should be able to pay the baker directly, without interference or having to rely on a third party. Hence, that is an argument for cc, not against.

Umm, is cryptocurrency considered paying without using a third party and a blockchain?

1) No transactions are done between JUST two people, requires a third to provide the "proof", no?
    2) A payment processing fee that is paid by one person that doesn't go to buyer or seller, which goes to a third party for processing/proving the payment.

I think the only "without interference or having to rely on a third party" is cash, as that literally can be a deal done between two people, without a third party (if you don't consider the treasury to be the third party), and no third party processing fee.

Also, IMO, I think "cc" is owned by "credit cards" and doesn't help calling crypto currency "cc" as well.

When people say that crypto does not require a third party, one usually means that there is no controlling third party. Nobody "own" crypto.
    Yes, you need a blockchain, but anybody can run that blockchain, it does not need to be a big bank or some other authority, literally any pc anywhere in the world will do.

Requires additional hardware and/or service than just original two parties. That's third party.

And no, cash does rely on a third party, very much. If you use a $100 bill, what makes it worth $100? The paper, the ink, or the fact that the third party who printed it says it is worth $100? If all the banks in the world was removed, how much do you think your $100 bill would be worth?

There's no difference in this use case except paper money has officially agreed support from nearly all countries but crypto is illegal or still in legal waters regarding taxes and earnings.

When discussing cryptocurrency, the abbreviation "cc" is often used as meaning cryptocurrency. It all comes down to context I guess.

Sure, but credit cards were here long before and reusing acronyms in similar field is silly.

• randomqrandomq Member

For all you HODLers, had to share this...

Thanked by 2bulbasaur kalimov622