Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter Contest for your DREAM PROJECT! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kickstarter Contest for your DREAM PROJECT!

Comments

• stupid question, have to adhere to dmca/copyright? haha, bet someone could make a decent "black market" netflix with that box.

• @Frost said:
    So what if you win and you need more servers? What would the price be?

We can work something out with the winner when time comes.

• Great offer......love to.....

• @serverian Nice offer i slipped a $5 note with my application :)

What's the normal price for a dedi like this with you guys.

• This is a nice opportunity to give someone a chance to build something awesome!

• Submitted my application :)

• Very nice initiative! Good luck to whoever wins and please share your project with us here :-)

• I wish there are mini kickstarter, for smaller projects

• Great opportunity! Submitted my application :)

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited November 2013

can I pay $100/month to get that package :) Was great even without 1 year free

• @jcaleb said:
    I wish there are mini kickstarter, for smaller projects

Someone should do what Raymii did, but colocating the Raspberry Pi for a year instead of having it shipped to the winner.

• Submitted my application. Excellent opportunity.

• 13 applications so far. Keep em coming!

• @serverian - Thumbs up! Awesome opportunity!

• 14 applications for far. 3 days left to apply!

• I am somewhat of an unknown entity around these parts but I shall apply anyway.

It's a great opportunity for me to deliver some of my ideas I have without needing to build up the capital beforehand.

Are there any conditions in place, like having to have it for a particular amount of time after the first year or what can and can't be done on the server?

Just want to make sure in case someone wins and then after a year they're not in a financially sound position to keep running it at $100 a month.

Good luck to all applicants!

• @OkieDoke said:
    I am somewhat of an unknown entity around these parts but I shall apply anyway.

It's a great opportunity for me to deliver some of my ideas I have without needing to build up the capital beforehand.

Are there any conditions in place, like having to have it for a particular amount of time after the first year or what can and can't be done on the server?

Just want to make sure in case someone wins and then after a year they're not in a financially sound position to keep running it at $100 a month.

Good luck to all applicants!

How?
    You will earn from that server and u think someone wont be able to pay $100 afterwards?

Regards

• @fraghostsolutions said:
    How? You will earn from that server and u think someone wont be able to pay $100 afterwards?

Unfortunately, not all businesses are a success. Something may look amazing on paper and be the best idea that you've ever had but turning it into reality might not be so easy.

You also have to take into account that the winner might be terrible at running such a business and that will also hinder its success.

I just want to be clear what will happen at the end of the free year in the event that the business has flopped.

Thanked by 1Wintereise
  • @serverian Can I just ask, will the winner have the option of Windows instead of Linux? If so, how much will you charge for the license. I ask because some of my ideas are easier to implement in a .NET environment than PHP.

• @OkieDoke said:
    serverian Can I just ask, will the winner have the option of Windows instead of Linux? If so, how much will you charge for the license. I ask because some of my ideas are easier to implement in a .NET environment than PHP.

Not sure about the price but it should be around $20-30/month for standard edition I think.

• For .NET you could always use mono correct?

• @Kadar said:
    For .NET you could always use mono correct?

Wow, just checked out their site and I didn't realise that they had implemented so much support for .NET now.

This great to see, I may still opt for the Windows license anyway though. Native support for all the technologies I may need to use would be better than using what is effectively a workaround.

• Right. It took me 3 hours, but I have just completed my application on SurveyMonkey.

I don't expect to win, but hopefully @serverian may provide feedback on what concerns he has with any of my business ideas if I am not successful. Feel like I just applied for a job!

• My hat off for you ... :D

• 19 Applications!

• Very nice, hopefully someone takes advantage of this and starts up a successful business.

• I'm not applying, but great job giving back to the community @serverian! :)

• Application time is over. 21 applications total. I'll announce the winner today in a few hours.

• yeah ... good luck to everyone ... :)

• Thank you for the chance @serverian, It's a nice gesture on what you're offering towards the community,

Cheers.