Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle cloud free tier reinstalling of OS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle cloud free tier reinstalling of OS

2»

Comments

• @konorbi said:

@Hakim said:

wget -O debi.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bohanyang/debi/master/debi.sh
    > > chmod a+rx debi.sh
    > > sudo ./debi.sh --hostname HostName --user USER --password PASS --sudo-with-password --ethx --bbr --cloud-kernel --timezone Asia/Dhaka
    > > sudo shutdown -r now

Thank you for this! I confirm it is working perfectly. Ubuntu 20.04 was the original OS with arm instance.

How do you login? How did you upload ssh keys?

• AndruAndru Member

Read the command...

sudo ./debi.sh --hostname HostName --user USER --password PASS --sudo-with-password --ethx --bbr --cloud-kernel --timezone Asia/Dhaka

• warihwarih Member

@niranjan said:

@konorbi said:

@Hakim said:

> > > chmod a+rx debi.sh
    > > > sudo ./debi.sh --hostname HostName --user USER --password PASS --sudo-with-password --ethx --bbr --cloud-kernel --timezone Asia/Dhaka
    > > > sudo shutdown -r now

Thank you for this! I confirm it is working perfectly. Ubuntu 20.04 was the original OS with arm instance.

Just login to port 22 with username : USER and password : PASS

• @hostfactor said:
    Read the command...

sudo ./debi.sh --hostname HostName --user USER --password PASS --sudo-with-password --ethx --bbr --cloud-kernel --timezone Asia/Dhaka

I did read the command, but was not sure whether Oracle allows user password based Authentication

• @warih said:

@niranjan said:

@konorbi said:

@Hakim said:

> > > > chmod a+rx debi.sh
    > > > > sudo ./debi.sh --hostname HostName --user USER --password PASS --sudo-with-password --ethx --bbr --cloud-kernel --timezone Asia/Dhaka
    > > > > sudo shutdown -r now

Just login to port 22 with username : USER and password : PASS

Will try!

• AndruAndru Member

They allow, not by default doh.

• Thanks ! It worked ! Just had to reboot the instance manually to login!

• @yoursunny said:
    I wish Oracle Cloud could allow free instances to be created on any region, so that I can have an instance in South America too.

I have oracle free tier in Japan East and EU region. Just open a ticket and explain why you need to add more region. They will open it for you in under 24 hours.

• whaat?? is this fr ?> @faleddo said:

@yoursunny said:
    I wish Oracle Cloud could allow free instances to be created on any region, so that I can have an instance in South America too.

I have oracle free tier in Japan East and EU region. Just open a ticket and explain why you need to add more region. They will open it for you in under 24 hours.

• ErisaErisa Member

@faleddo said:

@yoursunny said:

Their documentation states that while you can open new regions, you are only eligible for free tier resources within your home region, which is the one you open your account by selecting.

So, are you sure that you get free resources in all regions?

• guys, i tried the above steps on my ARM and after i rebooted the instance, port 22 is not accessible any work around for this??

• benchbench Member

@niranjan said:
    guys, i tried the above steps on my ARM and after i rebooted the instance, port 22 is not accessible any work around for this??

wait, reinstallation takes time

• @bench said:

@niranjan said:
    guys, i tried the above steps on my ARM and after i rebooted the instance, port 22 is not accessible any work around for this??

wait, reinstallation takes time

I did wait, then I got a message saying the instance is unresponsive! So I deleted the instance. Now running a script to create a new one 🥺🥺