Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSailor - ignorant, incapable and stupid? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSailor - ignorant, incapable and stupid?

13»

Comments

• edited April 2021

So, @jsg - 238 words later - do you feel that your issue has been resolved by the provider, or addressed accordingly? (I don't)

@HostSailor - you said the following:

The problem is from SolusVM itself, not HostSailor and they already working on it-

last: HostSailor is providing its services since 2014, we are serving thousands of customers around the world so we/thousands of our customers do believe that HostSailor is not ignorant, incapable, or stupid.

Do you think that, as a company who has been in business since 2014, that you could have addressed the solusvm issue earlier?
    Do you think that because the problem is with SolusVM, which you run on your company site, it doesn't make it a HostSailor problem?

Sounds to me like a whole bunch of "we understand you're upset, but its none of our fault" crap, and that doesn't look great for ya.

My 2c.

Thanked by 2jsg TimboJones
  • @NobodyInteresting said: Do you think that, as a company who has been in business since 2014, that you could have addressed the solusvm issue earlier?

I currently have VPSes from two separate providers who use SolusVM as their panel, and a few more in the past, and I can assure you no one else has a bandwidth calculation bug like this one. They're trying to shift the blame onto Solus.

• @stevewatson301 said:

@NobodyInteresting said: Do you think that, as a company who has been in business since 2014, that you could have addressed the solusvm issue earlier?

I currently have VPSes from two separate providers who use SolusVM as their panel, and a few more in the past, and I can assure you no one else has a bandwidth calculation bug like this one. They're trying to shift the blame onto Solus.

Sounds about right, yeah

• I love this kind of random title :D
    But low price should not be related to bad service, imho. Offering low price is also a responsability (an harder one, btw, that why i would not start a hosting company with low prices...).

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited April 2021

@HostSailor said:
    Hi, jsg,
    We received your ticket ID over DM here and we have found that our team already updated your ticket a few minutes after you opened it - Regarding the BW issue, The problem is from SolusVM itself, not HostSailor and they already working on it-

That may or may not be so but I am your customer, not SolusVM's and I couldn't login to your site.

but let me clarify what you have mentioned above, First: The login issue, sometimes it happens because of Captcha, sometimes it takes a few seconds to log in successfully, but we understand, you were upset so you didn't take it easy.

I waited far more than "a few seconds". The problem was that there was no captcha. And I even demonstrated good will and tried it with another browser (Firefox) and told you so. Same result, no captcha hence no way to log in.

Second: about our LiveChat agent, he was trying to help you, They are there to help, He asked you to provide a screenshot to know if it is something he could handle or it's something related to our support team, again, we do understand that you were upset.

No. he himself told me that he could not help me because he is not support but sales. Btw, to avoid misunderstandings: I did provide the screenshot he asked for.

we do accept your objection, you deserve a good service

My complaint isn't about "good service" and in fact I'm not expecting good service for less than €10 per year. What I do expect though is basic service and a VPS not being suspended due to problems on your side.

because you have chosen us as a provider, and we believe that you didn't decide to purchase from HostSailor randomly,

I want to be honest. I chose that product because it was (a) damn cheap, and (b) good enough for the purpose.

We respect our customers, We provide 24/7 support even if you purchased a $1 server and we do our best to keep our customers satisfied.

That's nice, I really mean it - but it's not really true. I had to wait multiple days for a response here (as well as in the panel/support) and then again a day for this response from you which I take as a signal of you desiring to be a good provider and treating customers well and respecting them, but sorry, this whole story also demonstrates that desiring something and actually delivering it can be two quite different things. But at least you do finally answer, that's a positive step albeit a very small one.

problems happen and it's a fact because we are dealing with machines and humans.
    last: HostSailor is providing its services since 2014, we are serving thousands of customers around the world so we/thousands of our customers do believe that HostSailor is not ignorant, incapable, or stupid.

I didn't state that HostSailor is stupid, ignorant, and/or incapable; I did ask whether they are stupid, careless, and/or ignorant.
    And frankly, having to wait something like a week for some halfway decent response but still no ETA when the problems will be solved doesn't exactly shine a good light on HostSailor.

Don't get me wrong, I still am a customer and not because I couldn't afford to loose a fraction of €9 but because I still trust that HostSailor will overcome what seems to be a bad phase.
    This thread isn't about bashing HostSailor. It's about pushing you to do what a really decent provider would do without being pushed.

Have a nice weekend (honest, not ironic)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@NobodyInteresting said:
    So, @jsg - 238 words later - do you feel that your issue has been resolved by the provider, or addressed accordingly? (I don't)

No, clearly not.

Sounds to me like a whole bunch of "we understand you're upset, but its none of our fault" crap, and that doesn't look great for ya.

Full ACK.

@stevewatson301 said:

That matches my observations and thoughts.

• @o_be_one said: I love this kind of random title

After your comment, I realized that the thread violates Betteridge's law of headlines.

Thanked by 1o_be_one