Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limited time NVMe plans in Hong Kong and Sydney - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Limited time NVMe plans in Hong Kong and Sydney

13»

Comments

• I purchased a 8GB VPS on Friday au time, created a support ticket for 2 years upfront for 2x RAM and 2x bandwidth to be added to my account.

I have still not had a reply back from Hosthatch, do they usually take this long to reply too tickets?

Thanks.

• @tech2_AU said:
    I purchased a 8GB VPS on Friday au time, created a support ticket for 2 years upfront for 2x RAM and 2x bandwidth to be added to my account.

I have still not had a reply back from Hosthatch, do they usually take this long to reply too tickets?

Thanks.

Still no reply for me too, ordered and made a ticket on the same day this offer was posted. We should just be patient ;)

Thanked by 2tech2_AU Cybr
  • No worries, I am in no hurry.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2021

@Cybr said: If your CPU policies are reasonable and performance is stable, I'll be getting many more servers from you in other regions in the future.

FWIW I've found HostHatch's performance to be fantastic for the price, if you get them during a sale. The NVMe VPSes are pretty consistent in terms of performance. The CPUs are quite old (seems like they're mostly E5-2680 v2 or E5-2690 v2 depending on location, with newer deployments having the faster 3Ghz one) and not as fast as newer Xeon Gold or Ryzen/Epyc servers, but I can't really complain for the price and you absolutely do get your money's worth. Good bang for the buck - I don't think many other providers can beat them in terms of what you get for the price.

The storage VPSes are not as consistent in terms of performance (iowait and read/write performance fluctuates a lot on mine in LA, whereas Chicago was much more consistent), but again they're good for the price if you get them on sale.

One of mine has 16 GB RAM and 3 cores with 1 dedicated core (what they call "100% dedicated") and I didn't have any issues with running the VPS at ~34% total CPU usage for a few days (I was transferring 250k emails via imapsync and Dovecot+Solr indexing was using a full core, then after that I added a bunch of photos to my PhotoStructure installation). It was still very responsive even with one core being constantly utilised.

@tech2_AU said: do they usually take this long to reply too tickets?

Yeah they do sometimes take a while. I think the longest I've had to wait was around three weeks but that was after their Black Friday sales. Urgent tech support tickets do get handled faster though.

• @Daniel15 said: I've found HostHatch's performance to be fantastic for the price, if you get them during a sale. The NVMe VPSes are pretty consistent in terms of performance. The CPUs are quite old (seems like they're mostly E5-2680 v2 or E5-2690 v2 depending on location, with newer deployments having the faster 3Ghz one) and not as fast as newer Xeon Gold or Ryzen/Epyc servers, but I can't really complain for the price and you absolutely do get your money's worth. Good bang for the buck - I don't think many other providers can beat them in terms of what you get for the price.

Thanks Daniel,

Awesome review :)

• CybrCybr Member

@Daniel15 said:
    One of mine has 16 GB RAM and 3 cores with 1 dedicated core (what they call "100% dedicated") and I didn't have any issues with running the VPS at ~34% total CPU usage for a few days

I'm mostly concerned about throttling policies when it comes to bursting. Bursting could obviously be throttled if the node is busy, but I'm not sure about other times. I'm hoping that I won't be penalized with throttling for bursting over the dedicated % at peak times as long as I use use less at other times to make up for it.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • ChocowebChocoweb Member
    edited March 2021

@Cybr said:

@Daniel15 said:
    One of mine has 16 GB RAM and 3 cores with 1 dedicated core (what they call "100% dedicated") and I didn't have any issues with running the VPS at ~34% total CPU usage for a few days

I'm mostly concerned about throttling policies when it comes to bursting. Bursting could obviously be throttled if the node is busy, but I'm not sure about other times. I'm hoping that I won't be penalized with throttling for bursting over the dedicated % at peak times as long as I use use less at other times to make up for it.

IIRC their system doesn't have the CPU throttling feature They usually don't throttle CPU unless your neighbors' performance are affected seriously

Thanked by 2Cybr pbx
  • Is the bw reset time on the first of every month?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@mcgree said:
    Is the bw reset time on the first of every month?

Yes, sir. Additional bandwidth can be bought using their panel without contacting support.

• digitalwickeddigitalwicked Member
    edited March 2021

I've purchased a VM from hosthatch previously and it sat at 'finalising' until I contacted support 2+ weeks. Great performance in Syd so purchased a second but have the same issue 'finalising' is this the same for others and just need to be patient or do I need to contact support again?

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited March 2021

@digitalwicked said:
    I've purchased a VM from hosthatch previously and it sat at 'finalising' until I contacted support 2+ weeks. Great performance in Syd so purchased a second but have the same issue 'finalising' is this the same for others and just need to be patient or do I need to contact support again?

I order it and waited a few hours for it to finished automatically.