Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limited time NVMe plans in Hong Kong and Sydney - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Limited time NVMe plans in Hong Kong and Sydney

Comments

• No CPU on theses ?

• @ben47955 said:
    No CPU on theses ?

No. You need to pay extra to get a CPU.

Thanked by 2dosai webcraft
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@klikli said:

@lentro said: Is it normal for Hong Kong to have like 100-200+ ms ping to China?

China has bad connectivity to everywhere in the world unless you pay up :wink: I

Wait so pretty much bad connectivity to everywhere? High ping to west coast Us and Europe, and within APAC, the connectivity isn’t really that great...

• @lentro said:

@klikli said:

@lentro said: Is it normal for Hong Kong to have like 100-200+ ms ping to China?

China has bad connectivity to everywhere in the world unless you pay up :wink: I

Wait so pretty much bad connectivity to everywhere? High ping to west coast Us and Europe, and within APAC, the connectivity isn’t really that great...

It means bad connectivity from mainland China to *. The HH HKG VPS has around 35 ms to Singapore and 50 ms to Japan, which is what one would expect.

Thanked by 1lentro

@tetech said:

@lentro said:

@klikli said:

It means bad connectivity from mainland China to *. The HH HKG VPS has around 35 ms to Singapore and 50 ms to Japan, which is what one would expect.

Though ideally there is a better route to China haha with it so geographically close. On PCCW connections, you can get sub-60 ms ping to China pretty much though pricing is insane on those. IMHO, if your customers are not exclusively in Southeast Asia, the connectivity isn’t that great.

• # ping -q -c 10 lgsg.nexusbytes.com
    PING lgsg.nexusbytes.com (139.64.239.2) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- lgsg.nexusbytes.com ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9014ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 34.391/34.517/35.194/0.327 ms
    # ping -q -c 10 lgjp.nexusbytes.com
    PING lgjp.nexusbytes.com (139.64.236.64) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- lgjp.nexusbytes.com ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 13418ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 55.693/55.816/56.050/0.331 ms
    # ping -q -c 10 lgla.nexusbytes.com
    PING lgla.nexusbytes.com (158.51.84.9) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- lgla.nexusbytes.com ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9013ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 155.280/155.455/155.660/0.407 ms

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@lentro said:

@tetech said:

@lentro said:

@klikli said:

Though ideally there is a better route to China haha with it so geographically close. On PCCW connections, you can get sub-60 ms ping to China pretty much though pricing is insane on those. IMHO, if your customers are not exclusively in Southeast Asia, the connectivity isn’t that great.

I assume your comment is meant more in a general way than for us specifically.

Because to be fair, this would be a discussion that would apply to any provider in the APAC area - specifically Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore, since no provider operating in these areas is going to give out $50+/Mbps direct China transit on general VPS plans. I don't think Linode, Vultr or DigitalOcean have better connections to China either.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

@hosthatch said: 8 GB RAM

40 GB SSD
    2 TB bandwidth
    $7 per month, $70 per year
    Pay for 2 years upfront for 2x RAM and 2x bandwidth
    SYD / HKG

Can You make cpu dedicated in 8gb plan? I pay extra for dedicated

• @mustafamw3 said:

Can You make cpu dedicated in 8gb plan? I pay extra for dedicated

Was there a particular part of

@hosthatch said: Individual resources cannot be upgraded/downgraded.

that was difficult to understand?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2021

@tetech said: that was difficult to understand?

My bad , I missed it

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @mustafamw3 said:

@tetech said: that was difficult to understand?

>

My bad , I missed it

Peace

@hosthatch said: I don't think Linode, Vultr or DigitalOcean have better connections to China either.

Yep, they're all dogshit.

Happily holding onto my idlers from you :)

• CybrCybr Member

@mustafamw3 said:
    1 vcpu (12.5% dedicated but burstable to 100%) 2gb ram plan
    2 vcpu (50% dedicated but burstable to 200%) 8gb ram plan

For the 2 vCPU, is it 2x 50% of a dedicated core (so a total of 100% of a dedicated core between the two) or 2x 25% of a dedicated core (a total of 50% of a dedicated core between the two)?

Thanked by 1foitin
  • ChocowebChocoweb Member
    edited March 2021

@Cybr said:

@mustafamw3 said:

For the 2 vCPU, is it 2x 50% of a dedicated core (so a total of 100% of a dedicated core between the two) or 2x 25% of a dedicated core (a total of 50% of a dedicated core between the two)?

The latter.
    Or 50% of one core and 0% of the another core.

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • @Cybr said:

@mustafamw3 said:

A total of 0.5 vcpu is dedicated for the VPS, in other words 1/4 of the maximum (burstable) capacity.

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • ChocowebChocoweb Member
    edited March 2021

I suggest that HostHatch should change this "percentage expression" of dedicated CPU since it's too misleading.

Percentage is not meant to exceed 100%. It's better to use something like "0.5 dedicated out of 2 assigned cores"

Thanked by 2Cybr webcraft
  • @Chocoweb said:
    I suggest that HostHatch should change this "percentage expression" of dedicated CPU since it's too misleading.

Percentage is not meant to exceed 100%. It's better to use something like "0.5 dedicated out of 2 assigned cores"

300% is always better sounding than 3 cores

• @Chocoweb said:

Percentage is not meant to exceed 100%.

So something like "Costs have increased 250%" isn't a thing? ;-)

Linux reports cpu usage based on 100% * number of cores. You'll regularly see processes use over 100% of cpu. Between you and Linus I'll side with Linus on this one.

Thanked by 2tetech Daniel15
  • @ravenchad said: weird result for multicore

... it only has one core so of course the multicore result is going to be the same as the single core result :smiley:

• @Daniel15 said:

@ravenchad said: weird result for multicore

... it only has one core so of course the multicore result is going to be the same as the single core result :smiley:

lo. ur ryt. my bad. didn't noticed it :D

• HostHatch VPS is one of the stable server I ever had, the single core full cpu usage & full performance only over 1.0 load never exceeding one..

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • jokotanjokotan Member
    edited March 2021

@Chocoweb said:

What are you discussing, guys? Everything must be incomprehensible to the user in order to have reasons to hosthatch to terminate your service at any time and sell this resources again to other customer. Like the icing on the cake, you will never get an answer from there support.

• @jokotan said: Everything must be incomprehensible to the user in order to have reasons to hosthatch to terminate your service at any time and sell this resources again to other customer.

Did they shut off your service?

• @jokotan said:

@Chocoweb said:

What are you discussing, guys? Everything must be incomprehensible to the user in order to have reasons to hosthatch to terminate your service at any time and sell this resources again to other customer. Like the icing on the cake, you will never get an answer from there support.

Since 2018, they described their cpu policies like so:

"100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%"

I think you have issues with reading comprehension

• CybrCybr Member

@hosthatch I hope you'll be able to get to my tickets while you still have stock, as I've already bought 2 years, deposited funds for stacking and want to get another stacked 2 years as well.

If your CPU policies are reasonable and performance is stable, I'll be getting many more servers from you in other regions in the future.

• cazrzcazrz Member

@hosthatch you allow minecraft in HKG?

• sonicsonic Veteran

@cazrz said:

Why not?

• cazrzcazrz Member

@sonic said:

@cazrz said:

Why not?

Was just asking as I don't play it, its for my son.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@cazrz said:

@sonic said:

@cazrz said:

Why not?

This VPS is more than enough for Minecraft, no problem

Thanked by 1cazrz
  • cazrzcazrz Member
    edited March 2021

@sonic said:

@cazrz said:

@sonic said:

@cazrz said:

Why not?

This VPS is more than enough for Minecraft, no problem

Well I still have 32GB in hosthatch unused. Been there since Dec.
    But will use this HKG 8GB for the mc server as it is better latency on my end.