Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We're about to launch something very new at OnApp... - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We're about to launch something very new at OnApp...

Comments

• @ditlev said: We are going to market with a new model that will encompass both principles. I can't wait to show you.

When will you be able to provide more information? :smiley:

• @Lee said:

Do you want to be tempted away from it? Certainly, some do I guess.

I very much doubt that's possible at this point, but curious to see the direction they're headed in, as someone who nearly went with Onapp years ago, and then chose Openstack.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Tr33n said:

@ditlev said: We are going to market with a new model that will encompass both principles. I can't wait to show you.

We'll try to keep this under wraps for as long as we can - I'm actually quite impressed that we've managed to keep it within the team for this long considering the number of people that has been involved :)

We will start to invite early beta's in March! We'll only have a 1-200 beta accounts available in the initial batch though.

:)
    D

• @ditlev said:

@Tr33n said:

@ditlev said: We are going to market with a new model that will encompass both principles. I can't wait to show you.

We'll try to keep this under wraps for as long as we can - I'm actually quite impressed that we've managed to keep it within the team for this long considering the number of people that has been involved :)

We will start to invite early beta's in March! We'll only have a 1-200 beta accounts available in the initial batch though.

D

Give us more info!!!

@tester4 said:

Give us more info!!!

soon :)

• niyyieniyyie Member, Host Rep

@ditlev said:

@tester4 said:

Give us more info!!!

Happy Birthday @ditlev.

This delay with the great houdini-styled reveal borders on mental torture... :D

@niyyie said:

@ditlev said:

@tester4 said:

Give us more info!!!

Happy Birthday @ditlev.

thank you!

This delay with the great houdini-styled reveal borders on mental torture... :D

It's also added a level of unintended preassure on the release :)

• stratagemstratagem Member, Host Rep

@ditlev said:

Soon is now, right? :)
    Will you be releasing any more information before the beta testers get invited?

• I can’t see the demo video in full screen in my iphone 😭

https://cloud.net/ << almost there now...

• TejyTejy Member

@smicroz said:
    I can’t see the demo video in full screen in my iphone 😭

Where is the demo video?

@Tejy said:

@smicroz said:

Where is the demo video?

ya, I'd like to know about that video as well?

• TejyTejy Member

@ditlev said:

@Tejy said:

@smicroz said:

Where is the demo video?

ya, I'd like to know about that video as well?

Ahah, feel free to release it! :trollface:

Thanked by 1ditlev
  • NickANickA Member

"Instant cloud platform for hosts" - that suggests you're just going to be asking for resellers for I suspect, existing Onapp clouds?

@NickA said:
    "Instant cloud platform for hosts" - that suggests you're just going to be asking for resellers for I suspect, existing Onapp clouds?

not really - but interesting concept ;)

• LeviLevi Member

Does it even relatable to lowend market? I mean given that people here look for services with ultra low pricing and demands highest possible quality.

• @LTniger said:
    Does it even relatable to lowend market? I mean given that people here look for services with ultra low pricing and demands highest possible quality.

A turnkey hosting solution? If you have to ask, are you in the right place?

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Do we need to sign up again or if we entered details first time will they be considered?

• @ditlev said:

Is it the same email collecting form that you sent 2 weeks ago?

@angelius said:

@ditlev said:

Is it the same email collecting form that you sent 2 weeks ago?

Nope - those of you who signed up for the original LET form linked in the first post have first priority.
    We will go live with a limited number of free accounts and they'd be taken if just a fraction of those using the 'LET' form decided to try us out.
    After the LET-signups have been offered a test we will start to roll out to those signing up directly at cloud.net

Thanked by 1angelius
  • Per GB of RAM pricing instead of per CPU core? B)

• LeviLevi Member

@George_Fusioned said:
    Per GB of RAM pricing instead of per CPU core? B)

Why not both? :D

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • let see how exiting this product. Hope it not another meh

• @LTniger said:

@George_Fusioned said:

Because I see it written o:) $1 per GB RAM per month, from your wallet

@ditlev I've been following OnApp from the very early (VPS.NET) days, but it was always a little over budget for my business size. We're building a new location in the coming months, so it's going to be very nice if it works out this time with the new service you're launching!

@George_Fusioned said:

@LTniger said:

@George_Fusioned said:

Because I see it written o:) $1 per GB RAM per month, from your wallet

Nice catch - the key term there is not "RAM" though ... it's "Wallet" ;)

@ditlev I've been following OnApp from the very early (VPS.NET) days, but it was always a little over budget for my business size. We're building a new location in the coming months, so it's going to be very nice if it works out this time with the new service you're launching!

Ping me here or on skype (ID: ditlev.dk) or via email [email protected] if you'd like to discuss

D

• Oh man, I can't remember if I signed up though the LET notice, or any way?!

• @scooke said:
    Oh man, I can't remember if I signed up though the LET notice, or any way?!

Searching your email baffles you?

• scookescooke Member
    edited March 2021

@TimboJones said:

@scooke said:

Didn't say it did. Just said I can't remember, and to be clearer for you, having NOT searched my email I still can't remember how I signed up, despite how exciting the new development is going to be.

I'll add that, like in earlier posts, say around Feb 12, at least 2 other people noted that they didn't get a confirmation email. I typically use a bunch of different emails for signing up for stuff, and since there was no confirmation email... ready... I can't remember if I signed up or not! Feel free to comment again if you must.

• @scooke said:

@TimboJones said:

@scooke said:

Didn't say it did. Just said I can't remember, and to be clearer for you, having NOT searched my email I still can't remember how I signed up, despite how exciting the new development is going to be.

I'll add that, like in earlier posts, say around Feb 12, at least 2 other people noted that they didn't get a confirmation email. I typically use a bunch of different emails for signing up for stuff, and since there was no confirmation email... ready... I can't remember if I signed up or not! Feel free to comment again if you must.

Ugh, then search your email and if you don't find it, sign up. This really doesn't need to take another minute longer.