Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fast SSD VPS Hosting | Windows | Snapshots | Anti DDoS | UK/USA/France/Finland/Germany from £0.92/m - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fast SSD VPS Hosting | Windows | Snapshots | Anti DDoS | UK/USA/France/Finland/Germany from £0.92/m

Comments

• I prepaid for yearly hosting plan. Not too fussed about a refund. As it was a very cheap plan and also £2.49 small web plan. A low end £1.99 VPS activated. Not worth chasing PayPal for refund for the monthly services

• @sandanista said: Part of the Powerful Box = Your connection is not private

Why is the connection not private?

Is that why Google thought my searches were coming from all over the world?

• @starservices any update on refund progress?

• @banana_mcn said:
    @starservices any update on refund progress?

ticket opened to @starservices on Sunday 14th March, no reply till now

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2021

@banana_mcn said:
    @starservices any update on refund progress?

You guys are silly. He already told you he basically can't pay the bills next month and that's why you guys are going to lose service. The date of service termination is likely the day the DC's he is using reclaims their hardware as well, which is likely why he has over and over told people to make sure to back-up their data. When it comes to getting your money back, you took a gamble when you bought the service -- this is Low End Talk, so every purchase should be done with the understanding you could lose your investment and you shouldn't expect to get a penny back. (Not to mention we warn people here over and over and over not to purchase services for more than a month at a time, for this exact reason). If I were you, I would expect not to get anything back and if you do, be pleasantly surprised.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• coldcold Member

@TheLinuxBug are you braindead or are u his lover ?

edited March 2021

@cold said:
    @TheLinuxBug are you braindead or are u his lover ?

Neither, but anyone whom believes anything different than what I wrote above, they are indeed brain dead. I am just helping to set the right expectations for everyone -- somehow people think those whom can't pay their bills can all the sudden afford to refund you... THAT is a brain dead expectation.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• coldcold Member

i paid for 1year and used the box 2 months, if he doesnt refund i will open a dispute with paypal and he has to pay anyways. and its not my problem that he doesnt has the money anymore.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited March 2021

@cold said:
    i paid for 1year and used the box 2 months, if he doesnt refund i will open a dispute with paypal and he has to pay anyways. and its not my problem that he doesnt has the money anymore.

Ohh, I see, your real question to me was "Do you think I am an asshole"? In that case, yep, sure dooo...

Wouldn't expect anything different from people who don't understand hard times. Who cares about the poor guy and what you do to his Paypal account, right? He and his kids don't need to eat anyways, they can starve in the street and get Covid, its much more important you get you get your $10.00 back, right?

I get being upset about losing your money, but again, this is LET not WHT. This is common-place to happen here and anyone with half a brain doesn't buy into yearly deals because they know they are too good to be true and those who do, do so with the understanding they could lose their investment. If you knew any better, you would have purchased monthly instead to begin with. Also, the poor guy can't pay his bills, he basically said that outright, and just to be a #Dick you are threatening to pile on and charge back.... aren't you the bigger person...

Thanked by 1danielcardosopt
  • coldcold Member
    edited March 2021

you make me laugh ! if i dont have money to pay my service get suspended/deleted, noone cares why i cant pay... ppl lose jobs durring this corona shit... but noone cares.. so stf and go cry in a corner

Thanked by 2gogo miu
  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited March 2021

@TheLinuxBug, I wouldn't call him poor guy and as far as I can tell the owner is probably way younger than we would think. Even more people have been reported multiple times that they've been told they are not important as customers if they come from some special offer plan posted here on LET, in a bit of a rude way.

Also, if you would carefully read the email you would see he's not shutting down and the managed services are unaffected so he's only getting rid of the low-end customers that he doesn't want to deal with which I find completely fair as it was pretty obvious this was bugging him and he wasn't eager to offer support to those people although as far as I could see from the negative comments they were mostly referring to services stability and refunds of some cancelled directadmin services.

The problem is that he continued to offer these special offers all this time, not only during blackfriday or christmas but all the time and now he is not willing to honor those deals. So what if people paid only $20, it may not be as much for some of us but it could be for others. Sure, paying a year upfront is a risk you take but still.

I am curious if you had the same empathy for @HostDoc as well.

Thanked by 3larmarat cold yoursunny
  • twingtwing Member
    edited March 2021

@cold said:

Paid in January for a year same as you, as soon as i got the termination email i requested a refund via Paypal and got it in full the next day.

Thanked by 1cold
  • coldcold Member

@twing said:

@cold said:

Paid in January for a year same as you, as soon as i got the termination email, i requested a refund via Paypal and got it in full the next day.

Thanks for the info, just open a ticket with paypal, but i dont request a full refund

• my main purchase was over the 180 day mark. PayPal will not help. :shrug

• PhantomPainPhantomPain Member
    edited March 2021

@twing said:

@cold said:

Paid in January for a year same as you, as soon as i got the termination email i requested a refund via Paypal and got it in full the next day.

Did you wait for the merchant for reply via Paypal or just escalate the issue to paypal directly?

• coldcold Member

ive open 2 tickets, wait 48h no answer, after that dispute

• Tldr so who will buy over this company?

• webclouddevwebclouddev Member
    edited March 2021

@snt said:
    Tldr so who will buy over this company?

no one, but owner will run this scam again next summer after opening new company with new name like portssl.uk

• Hi,

I understand everyone's frustration and I am disappointment myself, I did not want it to end like this and I am truly sorry. I am trying to give out refunds for commitments that cannot be met however I will not lie I am struggling to top up PayPal faster enough to cover the disputes people are opening up.

I agree with some of the comments what people have made on here about the mistakes and offers I had made, they was not sustainable and the model was based on a handful of well paying customers that I have recently lost. This was silly of me and should of been dependent on a few customers.

There maybe a little bit of hope at the end of the tunnel as I been approached by a few people that wish to take on the servers and customers and I am in negotiations now. However nothing as yet has changed and I recommend people still backup their data, I also like to stress people's privacy and data will be deeply considered in these negotiations.

I would also like to point out not all of Own Web is closing! Its UK location will still be open, even known these events has probably not helped the brand. I would also like to point out this decision was not totally due to the financials, as you probably noticed comments on these forums about the speed of support. This was also not sustainable and was unfair on customers to be waiting weeks on end for replys, this was the main reason to keep our UK location so we can slim down Own Web and better support its customers in the future.

I am sorry again for the stress, inconvenience and the broken promises I have made and I will do everything within my power to make things right, however this may take a little time. Not to make excuses but to give you a scale of work load I got 207 tickets within 48 hours of the announcement, plus these negotiations plus I have to support slim amount of services that will still be active so please bear with me.

**** Important Update *******

After successful negotiations with xhosts.uk an agreement has been met with them take on all clients and services and to honour commitments til they expire. Xhosts is a registered UK business since 2015 and have a support team bigger then just me am sure you all will be happy with them.

People that have opened disputes if you wish to keep yiur services then please close your dispute within 48 hours else we will assume you no longer want the service. People who already recieved refunds but would like to keep their service please open up a support ticket.

I will be sending out an email later on this evening with more updates, however xhosts are also keeping the nodes so transferring should be painless but will keep you all updated.

• tl;dr: deadpooled, your data is now sold, do whatever

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • notarobonotarobo Member
    edited March 2021

closing because oh unsustainable and oh lose big customers
    oh cannot refund in time oh PayPal oh having finance tight
    oh wait UK location remain open! oh my
    oh wait rest of data sold oh god
    1 star review.

• @notarobo said:
    closing because oh unsustainable and oh lose big customers
    oh cannot refund in time oh PayPal oh having finance tight
    oh wait UK location remain open! oh my
    oh wait rest of data sold oh god
    1 star review.

No data was sold, the negotiation involed no money changing hands and xhost promised to keep all commitments. Someone offered me a solution and I took it.

No customer data will be transferred to them without any customers consent and the email I will send out letter will give more details about this.

• @starservices my VPS is down! I can't backup, was it deleted, will anything be transferred?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2021

xHosts UK?

Warning regarding this provider: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3212419#Comment_3212419

@starservices said: After successful negotiations with xhosts.uk an agreement has been met with them take on all clients and services and to honour commitments til they expire. Xhosts is a registered UK business since 2015 and have a support team bigger then just me am sure you all will be happy with them.

People that have opened disputes if you wish to keep yiur services then please close your dispute within 48 hours else we will assume you no longer want the service. People who already recieved refunds but would like to keep their service please open up a support ticket.

I will be sending out an email later on this evening with more updates, however xhosts are also keeping the nodes so transferring should be painless but will keep you all updated.

Have a look at the reviews here, https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/xhosts.uk, see how the legitimate negative reviews look, and see the spike of positive reviews from November 2020 that mentions how great app they are (??) which appear to be fake?

@xHostsUK can probably explain it better.

At the same time I would recommend any suppliers to think twice before selling to them, though refusal to sell to them will result in the owner smearing you on any place they can review you on.

Owner of xHosts UK has tendency to not honour their commitments

You can read more about it in the publicly available information about him on the industry forum, WebHostingTalk,

Here are the chargeback claims against him
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=643722&p=4767386

Here are further negative stories linked with him
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=599835

Here is some more, https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=573251

Here's his banned account on WebHostingTalk, https://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=171778

If you still can @starservices highly recommend that you find another provider that will take over your Customer base.

• @Clouvider said:
    xHosts UK?

Warning regarding this provider: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3212419#Comment_3212419

@starservices said: After successful negotiations with xhosts.uk an agreement has been met with them take on all clients and services and to honour commitments til they expire. Xhosts is a registered UK business since 2015 and have a support team bigger then just me am sure you all will be happy with them.

Have a look at the reviews here, https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/xhosts.uk, see how the legitimate negative reviews look, and see the spike of positive reviews from November 2020 that mentions how great app they are (??) which appear to be fake?

@xHostsUK can probably explain it better.

At the same time I would recommend any suppliers to think twice before selling to them, though refusal to sell to them will result in the owner smearing you on any place they can review you on.

Owner of xHosts UK has tendency to not honour their commitments

You can read more about it in the publicly available information about him on the industry forum, WebHostingTalk,

Here are the chargeback claims against him
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=643722&p=4767386

Here are further negative stories linked with him
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=599835

Here is some more, https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=573251

Here's his banned account on WebHostingTalk, https://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=171778

If you still can @starservices highly recommend that you find another provider that will take over your Customer base.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention this will change things for more reassurance. No money has changed hands the guy just offered a home to people and promised to keep their commitments.

Even known the posts you showed are still concerning they was made 13 years ago.

edited March 2021

@starservices said: Even known the posts you showed are still concerning they was made 13 years ago.

That shows the character, look at Trustpilot - this behaviour continues.

They are threatening. They use reviews as means of forcing providers to do it their way, and that wasn't only us I believe, that fell victim to the owner, https://uk.trustpilot.com/users/5e446e6712b06cacf0f174e2.

I am currently compiling a bundle for Trustpilot so they can efficiently look into these shady practises.

@starservices said: No money has changed hands the guy just offered a home to people and promised to keep their commitments.

But the money did change hands - you took money from your Customers promising them a great service and now are handing them over to a company such as this. Promise to keep commitments? Chargeback against a template vendor is a very prove to the contrary, don't you think?

• @Clouvider said: I am currently compelling a bundle for Trustpilot so they can efficiently look into these shady practises.

Don't waste your time. :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

@Clouvider Your obsession continues with me, I love you too <3 <3 <3

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@xHosts said: @Clouvider Your obsession continues with me, I love you too

:lol: :lol: :lol: :smile:

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited March 2021

@xHosts said:
    @Clouvider Your obsession continues with me, I love you too <3 <3 <3

Obsession?

Source: https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/604e38f1f85d75064c413b2e

More victims. How shady. At the same time congratulations- the first review I found that you made online of a company that is not your competitor. Yay!