Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to ask if the provider netcup.eu is a fool - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want to ask if the provider netcup.eu is a fool

124»

Comments

• @TimboJones said:

@rcy026 said:

@TimboJones said:

@rcy026 said:

@ericls said:

Do you have any goverment issused ID with that address? If not, what is the address on your goverment issued ID?

When will people understand that most countries does not have any address information on their ID's?
    People move around so physically printing an address on an ID-card is stupid, most modern countries realized this a long time ago.

Such as? I'm of the opinion not having it is stupid, given its used and useful all the time. In case you didn't know, you just get a new card when you move. There's a fee but it's not made of unobtanium and trivial.

Most European countries does not have it on their national ID's. Granted, I do not know about every country in Europe, but none of the ones I've ever seen have it.

My ID proves my identity. If you have my identity it takes a matter of seconds to find my address, there is no need to have it printed on the ID. It just creates extra cost and extra hassle with expired ID's, old information, cost of constantly updating/replacing it etc etc.

whoosh

Who can if it's not already on the verification you're providing? You're arguing for extra hassle, not less hassle. You move so often, how would random foreign company actually know what is correct? The official ID takes care of that.

Anyone can, if you live in a moderately modern country.
    I live in Sweden, I have an app (actually, several) in my phone to lookup peoples addresses. I also have an electronic ID (also an app) in my phone that lets me sign things digitally.
    Most big vendors here switched to digital ID and payment years ago. I cant even remember the last time I used a physical ID...to be honest, I'm not even sure I know where mine is, and even if I found it I'm pretty sure it has expired by now. I have my driver license of course, that's a valid ID but it does not provide my address.

And if you do not live in a modern country, that's why foreign companies always ask for an electric bill or similar. They most likely does not have ID's with the physical address on them since, again, most countries do not have that, so they need some other kind of verification of address.

• @rcy026 said:

@TimboJones said:

@rcy026 said:

@TimboJones said:

@rcy026 said:

@ericls said:

Do you have any goverment issused ID with that address? If not, what is the address on your goverment issued ID?

When will people understand that most countries does not have any address information on their ID's?
    People move around so physically printing an address on an ID-card is stupid, most modern countries realized this a long time ago.

Such as? I'm of the opinion not having it is stupid, given its used and useful all the time. In case you didn't know, you just get a new card when you move. There's a fee but it's not made of unobtanium and trivial.

Most European countries does not have it on their national ID's. Granted, I do not know about every country in Europe, but none of the ones I've ever seen have it.

My ID proves my identity. If you have my identity it takes a matter of seconds to find my address, there is no need to have it printed on the ID. It just creates extra cost and extra hassle with expired ID's, old information, cost of constantly updating/replacing it etc etc.

whoosh

Who can if it's not already on the verification you're providing? You're arguing for extra hassle, not less hassle. You move so often, how would random foreign company actually know what is correct? The official ID takes care of that.

I live in Sweden, I have an app (actually, several) in my phone to lookup peoples addresses. I also have an electronic ID (also an app) in my phone that lets me sign things digitally.
    Most big vendors here switched to digital ID and payment years ago. I cant even remember the last time I used a physical ID...to be honest, I'm not even sure I know where mine is, and even if I found it I'm pretty sure it has expired by now. I have my driver license of course, that's a valid ID but it does not provide my address.

And if you do not live in a modern country, that's why foreign companies always ask for an electric bill or similar. They most likely does not have ID's with the physical address on them since, again, most countries do not have that, so they need some other kind of verification of address.

Oh, by "modern" you mean the government's have switched to electronic systems. But, it's going to be difficult with foreign companies needing to install country specific apps to verify your address.

I would argue Canada was a "modern country" but they just clusterfucked the government employee pay system on like an Oracle level of epic fail for several years. So going fully electronic ain't happening soon. Having less population (10M vs 35M) would certainly make it easier to make the transition sooner.

• @TimboJones said:

@rcy026 said:

@TimboJones said:

@rcy026 said:

@TimboJones said:

@rcy026 said:

@ericls said:

whoosh

Oh, by "modern" you mean the government's have switched to electronic systems.

Not necessarily, electronic ID's has not been mainstream since the last 10-15 years or so, but address on ID's has never been a thing here and in many other places.
    Nevertheless, my point is that most countries does not have address on their official ID's, and that is simply a fact, like it or not.