Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ NVMe ★ FREE Ryzen Beta ★ LA & NL ★ Ryzen $38/2YR ★ 1TB HDD $80/2YR ★ 1.5GB From $9.20/YR - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ NVMe ★ FREE Ryzen Beta ★ LA & NL ★ Ryzen $38/2YR ★ 1TB HDD $80/2YR ★ 1.5GB From $9.20/YR

Comments

• @VirMach said: Still waiting on IP announcements.

Hello, is there any progress?

• @Sahu1990 said:

@VirMach said: Still waiting on IP announcements.

Hello, is there any progress?

:D

• Sahu1990Sahu1990 Member
    edited April 2021

Hey, the delay has exceeded over a month, and you don't give any information on the progress, what is wrong?
    I think you should at least keep us updated.

• @Sahu1990 said:

Hey, the delay has exceeded over a month, and you don't give any information on the progress, what is wrong?

At least there shouldn’t be any news on this special holiday today...

• Beta didn't start yet? Alpha is well underway...

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2020-02-04

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Fri Apr 1 04:20:11 CST 2020

Basic System Information:

Processor : AMD Ryzen Processor
    CPU cores : 4 @ 3493.438 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 8.0G
    Swap : 1.0G
    Disk : 10G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4kb (IOPS) 64kb (IOPS)
    Read 287.21 MB/s (71.8k) 571.33 MB/s (8.9k)
    Write 287.97 MB/s (71.9k) 574.33 MB/s (8.9k)
    Total 575.19 MB/s (143.7k) 1.14 GB/s (17.9k)
    Block Size 512kb (IOPS) 1mb (IOPS)
    ------ ----- ---- --- ----
    Read 742.59 MB/s (1.4k) 887.43 MB/s (866)
    Write 782.05 MB/s (1.5k) 946.53 MB/s (924)
    Total 1.52 GB/s (2.9k) 1.83 GB/s (1.7k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Bouygues Telecom | Paris, FR (10G) | 1.59 Gbits/sec | 1.36 Gbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 1.78 Gbits/sec | 1.39 Gbits/sec
    Worldstream | The Netherlands (10G) | 1.20 Gbits/sec | 1.30 Gbits/sec
    wilhelm.tel | Hamburg, DE (10G) | 1.09 Gbits/sec | 1.35 Gbits/sec
    Biznet | Bogor, Indonesia (1G) | 478 Mbits/sec | 76.2 Mbits/sec
    Hostkey | Moscow, RU (1G) | 815 Mbits/sec | 845 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 2.81 Gbits/sec | 2.78 Gbits/sec
    Airstream Communications | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G) | 3.67 Gbits/sec | 6.91 Gbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric | Fremont, CA, US (10G) | 3.94 Gbits/sec | 5.17 Gbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Bouygues Telecom | Paris, FR (10G) | 1.75 Gbits/sec | 409 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 2.04 Gbits/sec | 167 Mbits/sec
    Worldstream | The Netherlands (10G) | 1.45 Gbits/sec | 1.48 Gbits/sec
    wilhelm.tel | Hamburg, DE (10G) | 1.21 Gbits/sec | 1.50 Gbits/sec
    Airstream Communications | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G) | 3.36 Gbits/sec | 5.66 Gbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric | Fremont, CA, US (10G) | 3.89 Gbits/sec | 5.18 Gbits/sec

Performing Geekbench 4 benchmark test. This may take a couple minutes to complete...

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 5296
    Multi Core | 16361

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2021

@randomq said: Beta didn't start yet? Alpha is well underway...

You know it is VirMach when there is 8GB of RAM and 10GB of Disk.

EDIT: Members who were here for Black Friday 2018 will get this VirBot joke. For members who were not here see this tread https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/153793/virmach-black-friday-cyber-week-2018-raid-10-ssd-openvz-kvm-check-inside-for-offers/p1
    (image credit to @poisson)

I like VirMach and am looking forward to their new offers and locations with IPv6.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@FrankZ said:

@randomq said: Beta didn't start yet? Alpha is well underway...

You know it is VirMach when there is 8GB of RAM and 10GB of Disk.

Yea, they must get their RAM from the PRC.

• I was hoping you all would enjoy my April Fool's joke YABS, run at 4:20 on a make believe VirBot special :)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@randomq said:
    I was hoping you all would enjoy my April Fool's joke YABS, run at 4:20 on a make believe VirBot special :)

This just proves how great (wierd?) VirMach BF&CM deals are. Theirs specs. seem completely normal even when posted on 1st of April.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Sahu1990 said: Hey, the delay has exceeded over a month, and you don't give any information on the progress, what is wrong?
    I think you should at least keep us updated.

There aren't any updates because there's just been no update, unfortunately. Just delays with the IP addresses. Finally got a response on that on March 30th from a third party, and it's almost done. This was a 3~ week we were not expecting so far from the company we leased the IP addresses from but we understand they may have been under a heavy workload as well.

Other than that we've just been busier than usual. Of course, we've been processing any refund requests for missing the delivery deadlines published. We've missed the deadline for Amsterdam as well, we're still falling behind in terms of customs there, PDUs, and IP addresses, but the cabinet is otherwise ready to go. For the PDUs, it's been difficult sourcing the type we require in the EU. We want to avoid having to change the power drops but we may have to do that instead.

@Sahu1990 said: Besides, hope you can optimize the route to China if you have some good line provider in your mind.

We're using Psychz for Los Angeles and have requested optimized routes. Although it's not guaranteed, it's best effort.

Other Updates:

• Migration tool is live, and we'll be using some version of this later to offer free migrations as needed for Intel --> Ryzen. This is migration without data, for now, we ran into some roadblocks with data. Please note when I say it's live, it doesn't mean people can move to Ryzen right now.
    • NYC Metro is moving forward (relatively) quickly and may also be available alongside Los Angeles. As a part of the beta program, we'll most likely allow anyone who has a Ryzen in Los Angeles / Amsterdam to migrate it to NYC Metro if they desire. This is not waiting on IPs the same way Los Angeles is, so we won't have that issue.
    • Not directly related to pre-orders but a few weeks ago we caught up to all tickets and the huge majority (90%+) of people should be noticing much faster response times. This does mean once everything's set we'll be deploying these fairly quickly, as in there's not going to be a long queue for service activations.
    • We've been optimizing some things in the background. We believe we've got the "efficiency" of these server deployments improved to where we'll only be required to use half as many servers initially planned. We'll monitor this in beta testing, but this basically means more people that will have an option to move to Ryzen from existing non-Ryzen customers. We've also been able to negotiate the pricing on some hardware.
    • Also not directly related to these Ryzen pre-orders: we've finished clearing out old servers that we did not terminate as a courtesy since we were busy and wanted to avoid a situation where someone is unable to reach us resulting in a service being accidentally terminated. We haven't decided what to do with all the extra space yet, but anyone who is currently on a "courtesy" service can most likely expect to keep it alongside their Ryzen for a while. We'll send out more information on this later to those people.
    Thanked by 2FrankZ benj0x
  • I don't think it's good to allow migrating users to change the location of the server, it could a lot of deployment time(more ticket etc.), also will there be new AUP rules for Ryzen?

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@mcgree said:
    I don't think it's good to allow migrating users to change the location of the server, it could a lot of deployment time(more ticket etc.), also will there be new AUP rules for Ryzen?

We'll most likely lax down on it even further, for I/O and CPU usage. As for actually rewriting the AUP, that's in the works. We'll most likely do that in a few months after Ryzen is out of beta and such.

Migrations will be automated so it should hopefully not cause a lot of tickets.

• Are there any more? Buy a NVMe4G

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@alanjiang said:
    Are there any more? Buy a NVMe4G

Given that the offers expired in January, what would you guess?

Congrats on your first post

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @VirMach said: There aren't any updates because there's just been no update, unfortunately. Just delays with the IP addresses. Finally got a response on that on March 30th from a third party, and it's almost done. This was a 3~ week we were not expecting so far from the company we leased the IP addresses from but we understand they may have been under a heavy workload as well.

Other than that we've just been busier than usual. Of course, we've been processing any refund requests for missing the delivery deadlines published. We've missed the deadline for Amsterdam as well, we're still falling behind in terms of customs there, PDUs, and IP addresses, but the cabinet is otherwise ready to go. For the PDUs, it's been difficult sourcing the type we require in the EU. We want to avoid having to change the power drops but we may have to do that instead.

Hey, because I really need to use the machine, and I can't wait any longer, so I requested a cancellation, but I didn't see any refund button on the screen. What should I do?

• @Sahu1990 said: Hey, because I really need to use the machine, and I can't wait any longer, so I requested a cancellation, but I didn't see any refund button on the screen. What should I do?

@VirMach (tagging on purpose, maybe e-mail notification or something will show up) seems to be visiting every few days so there is a chance you will have to wait for an answer. I would suggest opening ticket to get that help if you are in rush.
    Also keep eye here, maybe someone already done it and will tell you what to click or how this works.

• cazrzcazrz Member

@VirMach
    Ticket #760967 - Service offline

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@VirMach said:
    We'll most likely lax down on it even further, for I/O and CPU usage.

Current CPU allowance on Intel is 33% core.
    Are you saying that we would be allowed 33% on Ryzen too?
    For comparison, most other Ryzen providers only allow 25% persistent CPU usage.

If I'm indeed allowed 33% persistent CPU usage on Ryzen, I'll cancel my plan of canceling this server later this year.

Can I opt into having a permanent throttle on CPU and I/O usage, to 33% and 80 IOPS, as specified in AUP.
    It's getting tired to set restrictions on Docker and systemd.

Also, I wonder how to enforce "cannot be above 20% average utilization" for disk?
    How do you measure I/O utilization?

• @JabJab said:

@Sahu1990 said: Hey, because I really need to use the machine, and I can't wait any longer, so I requested a cancellation, but I didn't see any refund button on the screen. What should I do?

@VirMach (tagging on purpose, maybe e-mail notification or something will show up) seems to be visiting every few days so there is a chance you will have to wait for an answer. I would suggest opening ticket to get that help if you are in rush.
    Also keep eye here, maybe someone already done it and will tell you what to click or how this works.

I've requested and gotten the refund.

• @VirMach, always very tempting deals, how can I not buy anymore idling boxes??

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited May 2021

@huntercop said:
    @VirMach, always very tempting deals, how can I not buy anymore idling boxes??

You're late to the party anyway -- there are no more drinks available

• ArirangArirang Member

Anyone who got one in NL?

Sorry for the extreme delays guys.

Anyone who [1] paid by the promised delivery date (and not at a later time, so basically depending on package and location by February 28th or March 31st) and [2] didn't request a refund and [3] didn't create a ticket regarding the delays, once we do go through these, you'll get an extra 2 years of service for free.

Update:

• Brand new motherboard ordered and en route for the storage plans. Hopefully after this is replaced no other issues pop up and this should therefore be deployed.
    • IPv4 issue has been resolved for Los Angeles. Unfortunately, Amsterdam is still delayed in terms of IPv4. We may have to launch Amsterdam without IPv4 for the beta.

Really shooting for by end of this week for Ryzen betas in Los Angeles, as well as the storage node.

Thanked by 2suricloud mcgree
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@VirMach said:

• IPv4 issue has been resolved for Los Angeles. Unfortunately, Amsterdam is still delayed in terms of IPv4. We may have to launch Amsterdam without IPv4 for the beta.

Breaking news: VirMach is becoming an IPv6-only provider.

Thanked by 2Ganonk lentro
  • corbpiecorbpie Member

Nice, VPS for 4 years now

• mcgreemcgree Member

I'm here to follow the progress.

@VirMach said: Really shooting for by end of this week for Ryzen betas in Los Angeles, as well as the storage node.

Oh man, that didn't age well. Quick update guys, sorry for the lack of them.

• Amsterdam still waiting on IPv4's
    • NYC Metro moving forward more rapidly than anticipated, IPs ready, everything ready
    • Los Angeles, same status but hopefully we'll actually get it done this time
    • In talks for fast tracking San Jose, Atlanta, Dallas with IPv4 + IPv6 ready
    • Early stages of talks for potential Japan location
    • Some E3's being built so possibility for people to start requesting moves
  • GanonkGanonk Member

@VirMach said:

• In talks for fast tracking San Jose, Atlanta, Dallas with IPv4 + IPv6 ready

@yoursunny

Thanked by 1yoursunny

Update for everyone.

If you pre-ordered Amsterdam and paid, we'll start generating your complimentary service since that was not initially offered. We now have room left to generate these, even though it was originally not offered.

If you pre-ordered Los Angeles and paid, we'll start delivering some of these and the alpha orders from the other thread over the weekend, barring any complications.

• mcgreemcgree Member

@VirMach said:
    Update for everyone.

If you pre-ordered Amsterdam and paid, we'll start generating your complimentary service since that was not initially offered. We now have room left to generate these, even though it was originally not offered.

If you pre-ordered Los Angeles and paid, we'll start delivering some of these and the alpha orders from the other thread over the weekend, barring any complications.

good news