Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've used a dozen VPS hosts, NexusBytes is by far the best
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I've used a dozen VPS hosts, NexusBytes is by far the best

I own a small data company and use VPS in large clusters. I have tried/used over a dozen VPS hosts in the last couple years since moving my business cloud off Google Cloud and AWS. The best one by far has been NexusBytes.com.

I'm not the easiest client to deal with (see the thread I started about the poor racknerd customer service, and the stir it caused). Not only has NexusBytes provided the best customer service I've recieved with any host, they have been flexible creating VPS plans customized to my needs. I never run into downtimes, and their CPU's are lightning. Also Jay (one of the main guys at NexusBytes) is about the easiest guy to deal with in the industry. They call their clients family, and believe it or not it actually feels like family.

My honest pro/con list on NexusBytes below:

Pros:
1. Lightning Ryzen CPU's
2. Customer Service/family style service
3. Flexibility to make custom plans on request
4. Options for inexpensive virtual dedicated core VPS, even down to a single core vDedi
5. Wide range of locations
6. Did I mention their customer service is awesome?

Cons:
1. Using a GUI via VNC on Nexusbytes VPS is a touch laggier than some other premium VPS hosts
2. Slightly higher cost than the super cheap hosts (the customer service makes it well beyond worth it)

On hourly machines I still use Vultr and find them to be excellent as an hourly VPS host.

My ranking of hosts I've used (other than google/aws):
1. NexusBytes (by far)
2. BuyVM (frantech)
3. Vultr
4. OVH
5. upcloud
6. racknerd
7. servercheap
8. cloudcone
9. losangelesvps

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Freaking premium.

Thanked by 2seriesn poisson
  • swat4swat4 Member
    edited January 2021

@nbn said:
    The best one by far has been NexusBytes.com.

couldn't agree more

1. NexusBytes (by far)
    2. BuyVM (frantech)
    3. Vultr
    4. OVH
    5. upcloud
    6. racknerd
    7. servercheap
    8. cloudcone
    9. losangelesvps

Have used 1,2,3,4 and 6. Based on my experience, only they can maintain 100% uptime, except when I screwed up my own config and have to reboot.

Thanked by 3nbn Sanjue007 seriesn
  • Can't argue with that! Nexus Bytes is definitely prem de la prem around here.

I've found that Jay is a super approachable person and is completely focused on customer service and the quality of the service. His prices aren't the lowest but consider it's a premium services the price does include the obvious technical awesomeness, but the real bonus is Jay's soft-skills when you need something - he's there sleeves rolled up ready to help in whatever way he can.

I'm not surprised you felt you had to share your experience, to experience the "good stuff" is quite a shock and needs to be shared! :)

Thanked by 2nbn seriesn
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited January 2021

Maybe I'm a bit picky - and trust me, I love NexusBytes! - but I disagree. Simple reason: There is NO best provider. Each and every provider has some stronger and some weaker spots and of course different providers address different clienteles and use cases. So what client type A considers being the very best may be "so, so" for another client type.

But I'll happily sign "NexusBytes is definitely among the very best providers and earns our love every day again", and yes, Jay being Jay is a major factor.

• You could have argued better, maybe inserting some tests, or monitoring results.

As well as now, it is a meaningless review which as far as I know, could have been written by nexusbyte themselves considering the 30 visits of your profile.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @TerensM said:
    You could have argued better, maybe inserting some tests, or monitoring results.

As well as now, it is a meaningless review which as far as I know, could have been written by nexusbyte themselves considering the 30 visits of your profile.

Agreed sir. Let me know if this screenshot is not enough :)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/post/quote/169193/Comment_3191319

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @nbn said: Also Jay (one of the main guys at NexusBytes) is about the easiest guy to deal with in the industry. They call their clients family, and believe it or not it actually feels like family.

We always cross path at the weird hours haha. Good thing is that I never listen to myself and stay up late like the Gangsta that I am. Else I would have never been able to catch you <3

@nbn said: I never run into downtimes

Don't jinx it fam <3

@nbn said: The best one by far has been NexusBytes.com.

Thank you for your continued partnership brother. Performance, promotion yada yada, all means nothing if we couldn't earn your trust and your business.

Thank you so much for the kind words brother and thank you for taking the time out of your busy life and sharing your review <3.

@jsg said: There is NO best provider. Each and every provider has stronger and some weaker spots and of course different providers address different clienteles and use cases.

This times 100 and more 0's. Well said friend.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited January 2021

@its420somewhere said: sleeves rolled

Quite the contrary, being a Polo shirt type of guy, never have the need. I just put on my pants and start working when ya need me :P

Thanked by 1its420somewhere
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    1. Prem? ✅
    2. Premium? ✅
    3. Prem de la prem? ✅
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited January 2021

@seriesn said: I just put on my pants..

Is that 'merican or UK pants? The mind boggles. :open_mouth:
    (Breeks, strides, joggers, slacks, trousers.. ;) )

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • What? Add to your list 0. Hetzner.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited January 2021

@LTniger said: 0. Hetzner

Home of port scanners/hacking attempts, along with Contabo, AWS, DO (in no particular order)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@nbn said:
    1. NexusBytes (by far)
    2. BuyVM (frantech)
    3. Vultr
    4. OVH
    5. upcloud
    6. racknerd
    7. servercheap
    8. cloudcone
    9. losangelesvps

I haven't used the paid service from any of these providers, other than the free DirectAdmin from "1" and a Windows Server trial from "8". I guess I'm missing out.

Back of envelope calculation indicates that I would be able to afford NexusBytes if I consolidate a few of existing boxes, which also saves the world a few IPv4s.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@seriesn said: I just put on my pants..

Is that 'merican or UK pants? The mind boggles. :open_mouth:
    (Breeks, strides, joggers, slacks, trousers.. ;) )

Booty shorts. Like the true royal that I am.

• I heard lot of good experience from NexusBytes, but you should try the Hetzner Cloud. The support certainly worse, but HA CEPH storage and 10gbit avaliable.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @dragon1993 said:
    I heard lot of good experience from NexusBytes, but you should try the Hetzner Cloud. The support certainly worse, but HA CEPH storage and 10gbit avaliable.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/167693/ban-hosting-in-germanistan-move-away-sooner-as-arrogant-ruthless-mads-degrade-your-business#latest

Seems not very nice to bring up hetzner in this thread ;)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @swat4 said:

@dragon1993 said:
    I heard lot of good experience from NexusBytes, but you should try the Hetzner Cloud. The support certainly worse, but HA CEPH storage and 10gbit avaliable.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/167693/ban-hosting-in-germanistan-move-away-sooner-as-arrogant-ruthless-mads-degrade-your-business#latest

Nexus resells hetzner in germany....

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Agreed, they are prem. Best provider i've ever used. That is all.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @dragon1993 said:

@swat4 said:

@dragon1993 said:

Nexus resells hetzner in germany....

We won't be in Germany for long enough......

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@dragon1993 said:

Doing colo or renting dedis and runnings VPS on them != reselling.

@swat4 said:

Indeed.

• @nitro93 said:
    Agreed, they are prem. Best provider i've ever used. That is all.

<3. Thanks Fam. I would not call us the best. But we are trying to stay ok/good <3

Thanked by 1nitro93
  • @seriesn said:

@nitro93 said:

<3. Thanks Fam. I would not call us the best. But we are trying to stay ok/good <3

Jesus, I wouldn't use that in your next marketing campaign if I were you.

Thanked by 2chip seriesn
  • @TimboJones said:

@seriesn said:

@nitro93 said:

Jesus, I wouldn't use that in your next marketing campaign if I were you.

Can’t and would rather not make such bold claims at such a early stage.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@LTniger said: 0. Hetzner

Home of port scanners/hacking attempts, along with Contabo, AWS, DO (in no particular order)

They're a large provider so naturally they will attract some bad faith customers, but are usually very quick with takedowns and run a good network. As it is, NexusBytes uses Hetzner (currently) for their EU region.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Hetzner servers are amazing and provide great power with amd ryzen.
    I like Nexus also! i use hetzner but also nexusbytes.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited January 2021

@Specsblue said:
    Hetzner servers are amazing and provide great power with amd ryzen.

Nexus Bytes likes you too and they also use Hetzner.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • All these good reviews about the same provider somehow remind me of the days when people kept saying Hostdoc is premium.

Thanked by 2TimboJones TerensM
  • @thedp said:

@Specsblue said:

yes exactly.

• @Kiwi83 said:
    All these good reviews about the same provider somehow remind me of the days when people kept saying Hostdoc is premium.

@Specsblue said:

@thedp said:

@Specsblue said:

yes exactly.

Good day,
    You guys raise a super valid point. Unfortunately no one has seen the future and thus I can’t claim that we won’t go anywhere in a year, 2 or 20. Anything can happen.

With that said, in terms of business survivability, we started the business with proper game plan and we continue to stick through that.

• Each and every single one of our plans were priced logically to have a healthy budget/quality ratio.
    • We don’t do unsustainable crazy offers (feel free to double check though)
    • You won’t find never ending flash sales either.
    • Even our random limited promos are well calculated.
    • Business has enough liquidity to survive a year without any additional revenue.
    • We and I have invested into the brand to build assets. In some places we have our owned hw. We have a decent amount of assets, between IP and HW.
    • And last but not least, I have to make this work. This is my baby and this will be my after retirement gig.

Hopefully the above helps :).

Thanked by 2nbn its420somewhere
  • @thedp said:

@Specsblue said:

Not for long my friend. Not for long....