Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 LIFETIME OFFERS! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 LIFETIME OFFERS!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@charos said:

@ariq01 said:
    how about backup?

This hosting supports jetbackup, so I assume let people had already learned their lesson from past experiences.

And we even enabled the ability to run your own backups in JetBackup.

Thanked by 1tridinebandim

@SmallWeb said:
    Hey Boss, could you get rid of this page (https://myw.pt/login) and just link to this instead (https://myw.pt/manager/login)? Will save me precious seconds. :tongue:

Edit: Or make it functional if ya like.

This has been fixed, my apologies mate!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

@Hxxx said:
    SOMEBODY EXPLAIN "LIFETIME" in terms of hosting. To me, while Mike seems to be (or is) an honest person, using such term is kind of misleading advertisement. Is worst than "unlimited" and it has a long reach and implications. What is the limit on such term? Lifetime of the company? My lifetime? Lifetime of Mike? See the problem. So many variants.

A post like this has been posted numerous times. Just consider it a one-time payment. If the company is gone, your hosting is, too. Enjoy while it lasts. I trust @MikePT to give ample notice if he was to shut down his company for good :)

I don't think we're shutting down, we're about to release another service! :-)

If you don't mind sharing, is the new service an email relay service iirc?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT can you add sftp to jetbackup destinations.

Thanked by 2Ympker MikePT
  • @tridinebandim said:
    @MikePT can you add sftp to jetbackup destinations.

Don't know if anything has changed but any update on GDrive as destination? :)

Thanked by 2tridinebandim MikePT
  • If the plans were not so good (Lifetime), @MikePT would not have received so many questions.

I don't know why he likes to suffer so much. Just make one of those dumb Managed WP Hosting services/companies that charge 50 Pounds/Month for 5 GB Bandwidth or 1000 visits per month with only 1 domain allowed. Or, a WP image optimization service and charge 10 Pounds for optimizing (converting/resizing) 1000 images per month. Create a Facebook group to get a following there... and stop being friends with us here.

Joking apart, just write a post with all the FAQs about Lifetime plans. Save time, time is money.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@theuniverses said:
    @MikePT Is it possible to setup 2FA in the Client Area (WHMCS)?

Should be :)

I couldn’t find it in the client area. Was able to enable it in DirectAdmin though.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Ympker said:

@tridinebandim said:

Don't know if anything has changed but any update on GDrive as destination? :)

None yet!

Thanked by 1Ympker

@tridinebandim said:

SSH should be there.

MS said:
    If the plans were not so good (Lifetime), @MikePT would not have received so many questions.

I don't know why he likes to suffer so much. Just make one of those dumb Managed WP Hosting services/companies that charge 50 Pounds/Month for 5 GB Bandwidth or 1000 visits per month with only 1 domain allowed. Or, a WP image optimization service and charge 10 Pounds for optimizing (converting/resizing) 1000 images per month. Create a Facebook group to get a following there... and stop being friends with us here.

Joking apart, just write a post with all the FAQs about Lifetime plans. Save time, time is money.

Thanks for the kind words mate - Lifetime plans won't be sold once stock is gone, time to grow income so we can expand our locations...

Singapore or Portugal next!

• @MikePT said: Portugal

Sounds like a good shout. Perhaps you can grow your local clientele too.

• login failed with custom ssh port and passwod auth. i couldnt make it work :D

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @tridinebandim said:

login failed with custom ssh port and passwod auth. i couldnt make it work :D

Sorry for bump.
    Yes it is failed, i'm experiencing with that too with my ssh custom port.
    After set to port 22 again, its work. You may set port 22 to your backup destination, and dont forget to install fail2ban/csf.

Thanked by 2tridinebandim MikePT

@ariq01 said:

@tridinebandim said:

login failed with custom ssh port and passwod auth. i couldnt make it work :D

Sorry for bump.
    Yes it is failed, i'm experiencing with that too with my ssh custom port.
    After set to port 22 again, its work. You may set port 22 to your backup destination, and dont forget to install fail2ban/csf.

Customers can ask us to whitelist IPs if needed!

Thanked by 2ariq01 tridinebandim

Hi guys, we have a few lifetimes available still!

Thanked by 1suricloud
  • @MikePT said:

Hi please check your dm

Thanked by 1MikePT

@suricloud said:

@MikePT said:

Hi please check your dm

Replied.

• KebabKebab Member

any plans to update nodejs selector? right now the latest node version the host supports is v12, but v12 is in maintenance mode and the support will be dropped in 2022.

@Kebab said:
    any plans to update nodejs selector? right now the latest node version the host supports is v12, but v12 is in maintenance mode and the support will be dropped in 2022.

Open a ticket, I'll add newer versions mate.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2021

Can this be used for email relaying? eg if I have a script running elsewhere, can I use authenticated SMTP to send email from that script via Mailchannels using your service (assuming I adhere to the 50/day limit)? Do you have a limit on number of email accounts?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • nice sale.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Daniel15 said:
    Can this be used for email relaying? eg if I have a script running elsewhere, can I use authenticated SMTP to send email from that script via Mailchannels using your service (assuming I adhere to the 50/day limit)? Do you have a limit on number of email accounts?

I use this service for any headless server with notifications, backup notifications and script progress emails, etc. I did have a problem with mail channels blocking unRAID notifications until I saw the bounce back and had to click a link to have them whitelist it. Took 2 days, I think. I think other people reported mail channels being anal around that time and haven't ran into other mail channels issues.

Scripting/notification wise, though, I prefer pushbullet.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2021

I tried ordering and it marked my order as fraud. First time I've ever had that happen. I opened a ticket about it.

@TimboJones said: Scripting/notification wise, though, I prefer pushbullet.

I often use Pushover, but sometimes emails are useful. I can view emails on all my devices, and search through them later.

Thanked by 2MikePT TimboJones

@Daniel15 said:

Hey Daniel, we do limit 100 emails per day per DA account, that's fine if you relay!

Thanked by 1pbx

@TimboJones said:

@Daniel15 said:

I use this service for any headless server with notifications, backup notifications and script progress emails, etc. I did have a problem with mail channels blocking unRAID notifications until I saw the bounce back and had to click a link to have them whitelist it. Took 2 days, I think. I think other people reported mail channels being anal around that time and haven't ran into other mail channels issues.

You can always open a ticket with us and I'll have MailChannels sort the blocks in less than 1h :D

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@Daniel15 said:
    I tried ordering and it marked my order as fraud. First time I've ever had that happen. I opened a ticket about it.

@TimboJones said: Scripting/notification wise, though, I prefer pushbullet.

I often use Pushover, but sometimes emails are useful. I can view emails on all my devices, and search through them later.

Solved mate!

• @MikePT said:

@TimboJones said:

@Daniel15 said:

You can always open a ticket with us and I'll have MailChannels sort the blocks in less than 1h :D

I did, you told me to email mailchannels and they'll whitelist it.

The solution was clicking some link related to the bounce telling mailchannels they made a mistake. There's just no feedback from mailchannels once they whitelist, so you have to randomly check later.

@TimboJones said:

@MikePT said:

@TimboJones said:

@Daniel15 said:

I did, you told me to email mailchannels and they'll whitelist it.

The solution was clicking some link related to the bounce telling mailchannels they made a mistake. There's just no feedback from mailchannels once they whitelist, so you have to randomly check later.

Ah yeah. End users can email MailChannels. It's usually much faster tbh. Clicking in the links won't resend the email or have their contact us with the feedback. I will discuss this with MC team though.

Thanked by 2kkrajk TimboJones
  • I had missed the lifetime account, and bought yearly shared. I am hosting somehow websites since 2000. The best hosting provider i have ever experienced. If you have enough budget for lifetime, i suggest not to think a second. Worth every single penny, and more.

• @canors said:
    I had missed the lifetime account, and bought yearly shared. I am hosting somehow websites since 2000. The best hosting provider i have ever experienced. If you have enough budget for lifetime, i suggest not to think a second. Worth every single penny, and more.

@MikePT is prem :)

Thanked by 2Ganonk MikePT