Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 LIFETIME OFFERS! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 LIFETIME OFFERS!

Comments

• @MikePT said: I hope all is well with you & the fam

All good, brother. Hope you're good also.

Thanked by 2MikePT skorupion
  • @angstrom said:
    I also love raisins!

No one loves raisins. You may like them, tolerate them or hate them. Those are the choices.

Thanked by 2angstrom MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@TimboJones said:

@o_be_one said:
    I feel confused and would like to ask this, even if i should already know the answer.
    I'm interested by LA location but i want to serve Canada ; latency is about 70ms. Hosting a WordPress, what will be the impact on SEO? Is free Cloudflare a good way to reduce SEO impact? What other CDN are good, low price or free as alternative to Cloudflare?

Does it makes sense to go with LA to serve Canada with a 70ms latency?

Thank you :).

You're aware Canada stretches wider east-west Coast than US, right? Who/where in Canada you trying to serve? You're better off hosting on east coast or central, more likely.

Thank you for your help Timbo ❤️

Sorry! Not trying to cost you a sale, so I'm glad he's onboard. :p

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@smallbibi said: Ping isn't important for website hosting. Maybe there's some marginal benefits for SEO if you had lower ping and geolocated in canada. Using cloudflare/cdn would not help with SEO, however.

LA is still on e3 xeons but I think mike said it's going to be upgraded in the future.

Yep, as long as the Ryzen's pricing is reduced for LA, or something similar.

LA is an expensive location, but we will eventually upgrade it of course.

Oh, please don't migrate LA to Ryzen. That is not necessary as you need to spend more pennies for those lifetime promos.

Both location has great performance so far.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said: I hope all is well with you & the fam

Glad to see you here. All good - we just got a kid a few months ago! :)

@TimboJones said:

@MikePT said:

@TimboJones said:

@o_be_one said:
    I feel confused and would like to ask this, even if i should already know the answer.
    I'm interested by LA location but i want to serve Canada ; latency is about 70ms. Hosting a WordPress, what will be the impact on SEO? Is free Cloudflare a good way to reduce SEO impact? What other CDN are good, low price or free as alternative to Cloudflare?

Does it makes sense to go with LA to serve Canada with a 70ms latency?

Thank you :).

You're aware Canada stretches wider east-west Coast than US, right? Who/where in Canada you trying to serve? You're better off hosting on east coast or central, more likely.

Thank you for your help Timbo ❤️

Sorry! Not trying to cost you a sale, so I'm glad he's onboard. :p

It was a good help mate! :P

@Fritz said:

@MikePT said:

@smallbibi said: Ping isn't important for website hosting. Maybe there's some marginal benefits for SEO if you had lower ping and geolocated in canada. Using cloudflare/cdn would not help with SEO, however.

LA is still on e3 xeons but I think mike said it's going to be upgraded in the future.

Yep, as long as the Ryzen's pricing is reduced for LA, or something similar.

LA is an expensive location, but we will eventually upgrade it of course.

Oh, please don't migrate LA to Ryzen. That is not necessary as you need to spend more pennies for those lifetime promos.

Both location has great performance so far.

No worries, we may upgrade it as its monthly ROI is enough for that, but I need to find a decent offer for LA and sadly ReliableSite gets too expensive, but I like their network and support, they're pretty amazing.

Thanked by 1fawai
  • @MikePT Just wondering, have you ever considered expanding? I'm already idling on your LA/DE, and I think singapore would be an exciting new location for many people :smile:

Thanked by 1MikePT

@smallbibi said:
    @MikePT Just wondering, have you ever considered expanding? I'm already idling on your LA/DE, and I think singapore would be an exciting new location for many people :smile:

I have. I have been considering Singapore or Portugal, but we'd need to buy our own hardware or else it's just not worth it to be honest. So we might to lifetimes there to buy the hardware, then the monthly renewals for colocation and profit.
    Still need to think about it.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @MikePT said: considering Singapore

+1 , would be investing to have a lifetime offer for this location.

Thanked by 3NoComment MikePT ariq01
  • @MikePT said:

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said: I hope all is well with you & the fam

Glad to see you here. All good - we just got a kid a few months ago! :)

Congrats pal, happy for you.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @derekyang said:

@MikePT said: considering Singapore

+1 , would be investing to have a lifetime offer for this location.

I would invest too. Many people would!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • +1 for Singapore!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @phyesix said:
    Can i host nodejs or ruby apps?

You can with Node, if it's a web app (it uses Phusion Passenger). However, the Node versions you can chose from are really old (9/10/11).

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT Is it possible to setup 2FA in the Client Area (WHMCS)?

@theuniverses said:
    @MikePT Is it possible to setup 2FA in the Client Area (WHMCS)?

Should be :)

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited February 2021

Hey Boss, could you get rid of this page (https://myw.pt/login) and just link to this instead (https://myw.pt/manager/login)? Will save me precious seconds. :tongue:

Edit: Or make it functional if ya like.

Thanked by 3Ympker ariq01 MikePT
  • @SmallWeb said:
    Hey Boss, could you get rid of this page (https://myw.pt/login) and just link to this instead (https://myw.pt/manager/login)? Will save me precious seconds. :tongue:

Edit: Or make it functional if ya like.

Had the same thought today. The first one will just redirect to the second one.

Thanked by 2MichaelCee MikePT
  • codelockcodelock Member
    edited February 2021

Please do Singapore

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • +1 for Singapore

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited February 2021

SOMEBODY EXPLAIN "LIFETIME" in terms of hosting. To me, while Mike seems to be (or is) an honest person, using such term is kind of misleading advertisement. Is worst than "unlimited" and it has a long reach and implications. What is the limit on such term? Lifetime of the company? My lifetime? Lifetime of Mike? See the problem. So many variants.

Thanked by 2MikePT pbx
  • @Hxxx said: Lifetime of the company

Clearly it is this

Thanked by 2MikePT mrTom
  • If you are dead, you have nothing to worry about. If Mike is dead, he has nothing to worry about. If company is dead, we all gather in let and share our condolences to each other.

Thanked by 2kkrajk mrTom
  • @charos said: If company is dead, we all gather in let and share our condolences to each other.

how about backup?

• @ariq01 said:
    how about backup?

This hosting supports jetbackup, so I assume let people had already learned their lesson from past experiences.

Thanked by 2lebidule MikePT
  • jetbackup destination thing will be permanent? @MikePT and no local backups?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Hxxx said:
    SOMEBODY EXPLAIN "LIFETIME" in terms of hosting. To me, while Mike seems to be (or is) an honest person, using such term is kind of misleading advertisement. Is worst than "unlimited" and it has a long reach and implications. What is the limit on such term? Lifetime of the company? My lifetime? Lifetime of Mike? See the problem. So many variants.

One time payment.

Thanked by 2MikePT mrTom
  • @Hxxx said:

A post like this has been posted numerous times. Just consider it a one-time payment. If the company is gone, your hosting is, too. Enjoy while it lasts. I trust @MikePT to give ample notice if he was to shut down his company for good :)

Thanked by 3Erisa ariq01 MikePT

@Hxxx said:

Lifetime of the company as mentioned here! :D

@Ympker said:

@Hxxx said:

A post like this has been posted numerous times. Just consider it a one-time payment. If the company is gone, your hosting is, too. Enjoy while it lasts. I trust @MikePT to give ample notice if he was to shut down his company for good :)

I don't think we're shutting down, we're about to release another service! :-)

Thanked by 2sahjanivishal Ympker

@tridinebandim said:
    jetbackup destination thing will be permanent? @MikePT and no local backups?

We perform backups, and keep 15 days, though we enabled the ability for our clients to run their own backups :D

Thanked by 2tridinebandim Ympker