Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW YEAR WITH A BANG by RackNerd - NEW YEAR PROMOS + FIRE THREAD + FREE STUFF - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW YEAR WITH A BANG by RackNerd - NEW YEAR PROMOS + FIRE THREAD + FREE STUFF

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited January 2021

@smallbibi said:

@K4Y5 said: So you like fishing for new hosts every month?

You've made me speechless. You are right, and I had seen all the signs myself. I spent a trivial amount on black friday because I thought why not? (Though I was never going to put anything serious on there)

I think it is time for me to reflect and save myself time and money

Without going overboard, all I want to say is that its okay to ask for reasonable discounts - after all, who doesn't like to save money. But asking for 'unsustainable discounts' will inevitably end on a sad note, considering the time and effort that will be spent migrating away while possibly dealing with data loss or some form of financial loss, in case the host goes belly up within the billing cycle without advance notice.

After all, who can continue to literally pay out of ones pocket for others to use ones service, indefinitely? Promotion budget is finite, and sooner or later those infra bills will have to be paid out of revenue generated each month.

We have all seen hosts appear out of thin air, flood the forums with insane offers, grab cash and then disappear quite often around these parts. Figured this would be a good time to start being reasonable with a hint of caution - with today being the first day of 2021 and all :lol:

PS: This is just a random rant directed towards people fishing for unsustainable offers and loss leaders 24x7. This is NOT directed at the OP or any specific host. :tongue:

• @ravenchad said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:
    waiting for flash deal offers ;)

Hahaha, always possible - never know :p

can you create one for 2x2 ? :lol:

I can always make the Chef aware, but there has to be enough demand :#

+1

+2

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @Ganonk said:

@ravenchad said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

+1

+2

+3

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited January 2021

@eveaz said:

@Ganonk said:

@ravenchad said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

+1

+2

+3

+4

Happy New Year @dustinc !

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @dustinc said:

how about 2x2 for $9.65/year with any location?

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @K4Y5 said: Without going overboard, all I want to say is that its okay to ask for reasonable discounts - after all, who doesn't like to save money. But asking for 'unsustainable discounts' will inevitably end on a sad note, considering the time and effort that will be spent migrating away while possibly dealing with data loss or some form of financial loss, in case the host goes belly up within the billing cycle without advance notice.

I agree. The hosts who focused on the race to the bottom with pricing usually don't last long. I did say the word "unsustainable" but it was not meant to be literal. The focus was kinda more on "insane deals". Yes, I was somewhat shameless but I suppose it's slightly better than asking for outright giveaways.

Being on LET, many of us look across various offer threads and pick out the best deals. This leads to a bunch of time spent reading offers, and minor things such as checking reviews/ping etc. And what's worse, there's the never-ending cycle of cancelling "bad value" deals and getting better deals. I say all this but I realize I am likely to continue hunting for good deals in the future, but I hope I can fix this habit slowly.

• I also took @smallbibi phrase something like give us "crazy/insane deals", actually I smile about "unsustainable", like yes! I want that too!! Of course he was kidding!! Anyways, people can ask anything, is about the provider that sets the rules ...

• swat4swat4 Member
    edited January 2021

@yanaxiao said:
    Happy New Year! I bought your products last Black Friday, they are very good, I like them very much!

Same here. BF was the first time I learnt about Racknerd and indeed they seemed to be the first provider posting. Therefore, I decided to give it a go and try if it works.

So far it has 0 seconds of downtime - hopefully they continue to be solid :)

Capture

@dustinc - instead of doing give-away, i think it would be better to do flash sale - at least gotta cover electricity, rack rent and ip cost. :p Wish you happy new year and successful business in 2021!

• gmsgms Member

@dustinc Order 8328075441

Thanked by 2Ganonk dustinc
  • @swat4 said:

@dustinc - instead of doing give-away, i think it would be better to do flash sale - at least gotta cover electricity, rack rent and ip cost. :p Wish you happy new year and successful business in 2021!

Sure. nice idea.

• @Ganonk said:

@swat4 said:

Sure. nice idea.

+1

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • adaada Member

Wow i am interested in doing beautiful :D

• happy new year <3
    Order 2330735532

Thanked by 2Ganonk dustinc
  • evnixevnix Member
    edited January 2021

do the resellers have SSH access by default. (I really hate having to contact the provider to enable it per account.)
    @dustinc

• @dustinc fiber2 (cpanel reseller) have MailChannels enabled?

• Picked up a VPS from RackNerd on BF and absolutely love it. Fast and simply works great. Do not hesitate to give them your business.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@pouyam said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

Amsterdam Giveaway will be amazing! for us in EU

We'll do a giveaway in EU, I know @JabJab would take one too B)

Thanked by 1pouyam

@user123 said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

I just got home from work and am off to bed. Please wish her a happy new year!

The chef is aware, she mentioned that you should enjoy your rest, and to wish you a Happy New Year! She has surprises for you too!

Thanked by 1user123
  • LucLuc Member

@dustinc said:

@pouyam said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

Amsterdam Giveaway will be amazing! for us in EU

We'll do a giveaway in EU, I know @JabJab would take one too B)

Sounds awsome! :)

@DianTama said:

@eveaz said:

@Ganonk said:

@ravenchad said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

@dustinc said:

@Ganonk said:

+1

+2

+3

+4

Happy New Year @dustinc !

Happy New Year @DianTama -- always happy to see you around here within the community, you've been great! We sincerely value your business and wish you a prosperous New Year filled with tons of health and success!

@evnix said:
    do the resellers have SSH access by default. (I really hate having to contact the provider to enable it per account.)
    @dustinc

Hello - we don't have it enabled by default - this is a feature that we only enable for those interested.

All you'd have to do is ticket in. I understand that contacting providers can usually be a pain, though we reply within a reasonable time, actually, quite fast. B)

• Sanjue007Sanjue007 Member
    edited January 2021

Love it
    Racknerdgang ❤️ and Happy new year

Thanked by 1dustinc

@ada said:
    Wow i am interested in doing beautiful :D

We share equal interest! We look forward to working with you.

@swat4 said:

@yanaxiao said:
    Happy New Year! I bought your products last Black Friday, they are very good, I like them very much!

Same here. BF was the first time I learnt about Racknerd and indeed they seemed to be the first provider posting. Therefore, I decided to give it a go and try if it works.

So far it has 0 seconds of downtime - hopefully they continue to be solid :)

Capture

Thank You @swat4 -- we sincerely value your business and feedback! Happy to hear that our service is performing as it should :)

I hope that this New Year, you crush it! I can only imagine how generous you'll continue to be, I still remember on your giveaway that you've won from RackNerd, you passed it over to friend - that was quite nice of you.

As for some flash sales - we will include some, there appears to be enough demand.

@themew said:
    Picked up a VPS from RackNerd on BF and absolutely love it. Fast and simply works great. Do not hesitate to give them your business.

Thank You @themew for working with us at RackNerd! We appreciate the support and are happy to hear that our service level is working out for your needs. We try our best, to deliver the goods. And we've done so, we're consistent and committed to customer service, infrastructure stability, and long term relationships. If you ever need anything, count us in. You can always reach me directly as well by email [email protected]

Again, Thank You and Happy New Year B)

Thanked by 1themew

@gms said:
    @dustinc Order 8328075441

Hi @gms - thank you for giving us a shot! I hope that your experience is amazing with RackNerd, as this is what we ultimately aim to deliver. If ever needed, I can be a point of contact for any service related issues, as your business is important to us! I want to make sure you are always happy.

Be sure to email [email protected]. and I'll personally step in where needed. Onto 2021! Happy New Year!

Lastly, we've doubled your bandwidth.

@pulseone said:
    happy new year <3
    Order 2330735532

Happy New Year @pulseone -- happy to see you expanding with RackNerd! Thank you for working with us. We've doubled your bandwidth.

We sincerely appreciate your time and business.

Thanked by 1pulseone

@Chalipa said:
    @dustinc fiber2 (cpanel reseller) have MailChannels enabled?

Hi @Chalipa - thank you for working with us! That is correct, it is. If you see anything that stands out, I'm happy to look as well.

Be sure to email me [email protected] as I've been quite active on deploying this.

@Ganonk said:

@dustinc said:

how about 2x2 for $9.65/year with any location?

I am going to let the Chef deliver the goods, and I'll be sure to share this.

I think many will be happy. B)

Thanked by 2PandoGulf Ganonk

@Pilotseye said:

@dustinc said:

@sahjanivishal said:
    Great, new giveaways on a new year's first day!
    Probably best to start the giveaway with customary #RackNerdGang, respecting the tradition!

RackNerdGang

Hahahaha love it :)

RackNerdGang

@Pilotseye @godslayer <3

Happy New Year! :blush:

Happy New Year @Pilotseye -- :grin:
    Happy to see you here. We're going to make 2021 special!

Thanked by 1Pilotseye