Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί πŸŽ„πŸŽβ„οΈ CHRISTMAS 2020 MEGATHREAD β„οΈπŸŽ…β›„ - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

πŸŽ„πŸŽβ„οΈ CHRISTMAS 2020 MEGATHREAD β„οΈπŸŽ…β›„

Comments

• @FAT32 said:

Specifications

• 4 CPU Core (EPYC)
    • 8GB RAM
    • 160GB SSD
    • 5TB Traffic
    • 1Gbps port speed
    • 1 IPv4
    • /64 IPv6
    • Quantity: 10
    • €48/yr (+VAT if applicable)
    • Promo code: K9C9UUVFG5
    • Order link: https://clients.naranja.tech/cart.php?a=add&pid=4

@gleert @naranjatech

but... why... I don't need that, yet I HAD TO buy it πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

I really stop watching such threads.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2020

@samm said:
    I don't understand this part. what does it mean "username in that domain" ? can you please explain to me?

Should be more appropriate to phrase it as "Username in that website", like putting samm in the footer for example, this is to verify that you are indeed the owner of the domain

Thanked by 1samm
  • EddingEdding Member
    edited December 2020

here is a Benchmark of the 1€ VPS :D

Sat Dec 26 19:47:49 UTC 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1795.672 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 6.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 67.9 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 19.10 MB/s    (4.7k) | 168.51 MB/s   (2.6k)
    Write      | 19.10 MB/s    (4.7k) | 169.40 MB/s   (2.6k)
    Total      | 38.21 MB/s    (9.5k) | 337.92 MB/s   (5.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 129.17 MB/s    (252) | 209.94 MB/s    (205)
    Write      | 136.03 MB/s    (265) | 223.93 MB/s    (218)
    Total      | 265.20 MB/s    (517) | 433.87 MB/s    (423)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 238 Mbits/sec   | 167 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 232 Mbits/sec   | 226 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 226 Mbits/sec   | 190 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 146 Mbits/sec   | 34.8 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 156 Mbits/sec   | 143 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 128 Mbits/sec   | 154 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 222 Mbits/sec   | 165 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 211
    Multi Core      | 207

Network Speed is Limited by the CPU its topping out @ 100% when running iperf3
    but im Happy Thank you :D <3

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Anyway... I am heading to sleep now, have fun guys and thanks @cociu so much for bring all the banging deals! :smiley: You are fantastic!

To providers: You don't need to send me your flash sales / special offers to post in this thread, just post whenever you feel appropriate :)

Thanked by 2kwaralala cociu
  • @kwaralala said:
    Running to register the domain to mess with all🀣🀣

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @Falzo said:

@FAT32 said:

Specifications

• 4 CPU Core (EPYC)
    • 8GB RAM
    • 160GB SSD
    • 5TB Traffic
    • 1Gbps port speed
    • 1 IPv4
    • /64 IPv6
    • Quantity: 10
    • €48/yr (+VAT if applicable)
    • Promo code: K9C9UUVFG5
    • Order link: https://clients.naranja.tech/cart.php?a=add&pid=4

@gleert @naranjatech

Well....

• @tronyx said:

@FAT32 said:
    100 EUR HostSolutions credit deal

The first user who register the domain merrychristmaslet.com and put things that are related to Christmas and LET as the theme on the website will be compensated with 100 EUR HostSolutions credit. The winner must also include their LET username in that domain. Applicable for both new and existing clients, but winners for previous HostSolutions credits giveaways in this thread are not eligible to participate.

@cociu

This domain was registered yesterday according to WHOIS guys...

Probably difference in timezones

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @FAT32 said: Should be more appropriate to phrase it as "Username in that website"

Okay, git it now, thanks. This is what confused me last time too. I almost registered with my username in domain name.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @xpanda said:

@tronyx said:

@FAT32 said:

The first user who register the domain merrychristmaslet.com and put things that are related to Christmas and LET as the theme on the website will be compensated with 100 EUR HostSolutions credit. The winner must also include their LET username in that domain. Applicable for both new and existing clients, but winners for previous HostSolutions credits giveaways in this thread are not eligible to participate.

@cociu

You are right... Just tried with other WHOIS search and on this one says created today...

• @xpanda said:

@tronyx said:

@FAT32 said:

@cociu

Yep. The domain registration is given in UTC.
    And therefore was registered just a couple of minutes ago.

• @benj0x said: Yep. The domain registration is given in UTC.

And therefore was registered just a couple of minutes ago.

waiting the winer !

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • 100 EUR HostSolutions credit deal

@cociu

I actually thought I got it, the order went through and my card was charged, but then got "Order failed" error and the charge was reserved. :'(

• @Falzo said:

You know what...After you've told me before BF that you are so good at collecting deals, I've learned from you and kept on idling more and more VPSes ever since. lol.

• @lokuzard said:

@cociu

I actually thought I got it, the order went through and my card was charged, but then got "Order failed" error and the charge was reserved. :'(

the same. order time Dec 26, 2020, 3:09 PM EST

• @kend said:

@Falzo said:

You know what...After you've told me before BF that you are so good at collecting deals, I've learned from you and kept on idling more and more VPSes ever since. lol.

haha, I am sorry mate... I really thought this year I could consolidate instead.

maybe next year. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚

@benj0x I think if you registered your user-account before ordering and did so while logged in, it calculates the VAT properly. at least for me it does (did provide a valid VAT ID though). it did not change the calculation while not being signed in though.

Thanked by 1kend
  • @Falzo said: but... why... I don't need that, yet I HAD TO buy it πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

I feel you, I am one of the other "victims"; I even broke my own rules buying this one. Now I'll have to come up with something to actually do with it :D

• @rhinoduck said:

@Falzo said: but... why... I don't need that, yet I HAD TO buy it πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

I feel you, I am one of the other "victims"; I even broke my own rules buying this one. Now I'll have to come up with something to actually do with it :D

right now I can't think of anything... just about to secure it, then probably gonna idle for 6 month straight, before coming back to touching it again...

• @Falzo said: @benj0x I think if you registered your user-account before ordering and did so while logged in, it calculates the VAT properly. at least for me it does (did provide a valid VAT ID though). it did not change the calculation while not being signed in though.

I am not from EU, but before I checked out, there was an option to change your country for VAT. I changed it to my country and got 0% VAT.

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited December 2020

@Falzo said:

@kend said:

@Falzo said:

haha, I am sorry mate... I really thought this year I could consolidate instead.

maybe next year. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚

@benj0x I think if you registered your user-account before ordering and did so while logged in, it calculates the VAT properly. at least for me it does (did provide a valid VAT ID though). it did not change the calculation while not being signed in though.

Well, I guess there is the issue. I also did try changing it using the VAT calculation tool, but it had no effect.

Anyway I had been charged the 21% VAT as it is being present in Spain and the Netherlands.

• @Falzo said:

@rhinoduck said:

right now I can't think of anything... just about to secure it, then probably gonna idle for 6 month straight, before coming back to touching it again...

can someone post updated benchmark of this one?

• @smallbibi said:

@Falzo said: @benj0x I think if you registered your user-account before ordering and did so while logged in, it calculates the VAT properly. at least for me it does (did provide a valid VAT ID though). it did not change the calculation while not being signed in though.

I am not from EU, but before I checked out, there was an option to change your country for VAT. I changed it to my country and got 0% VAT.

yeah I tried that for Germany and it stayed on 21% (which would be wrong ;-))
    therefore I registered and after that it calculated it right...

• @Falzo said: right now I can't think of anything... just about to secure it, then probably gonna idle for 6 month straight, before coming back to touching it again...

That about sums it up, yeah :D But maybe a sudden bout of inspiration and free time will come along... one never knows, haha.

• @ravenchad said:

@Falzo said:

@rhinoduck said:

of course, give it a moment to run through ;-)

Thanked by 1ravenchad
  • @Falzo said: yeah I tried that for Germany and it stayed on 21% (which would be wrong ;-))

therefore I registered and after that it calculated it right...

I see. For me, the vat changed to 0% before I registered. Well, all is well as long as they calculate it right.

• @ravenchad said:

@Falzo said:

@rhinoduck said:

There you go:

Thanked by 1ravenchad
  • @Falzo said:

@ravenchad said:

@Falzo said:

@rhinoduck said:

of course, give it a moment to run through ;-)

Will DE stay with 16% VAT in next year?

• @FAT32 @cociu

http://www.merrychristmaslet.com

Continuing @derekyang's Christmas I will give half the winnings to the first person who posts #sistersforcociu after this post.

• #sistersforcociu

• sistersforcociu