Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί πŸŽ„πŸŽβ„οΈ CHRISTMAS 2020 MEGATHREAD β„οΈπŸŽ…β›„ - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

πŸŽ„πŸŽβ„οΈ CHRISTMAS 2020 MEGATHREAD β„οΈπŸŽ…β›„

Comments

• @benj0x said:
    But their VAT calculation seems broken for EU customers. I'm getting charged 21.00% even though I'm from Germany. 16.00% would be right at the moment. Or at least 19.00%.

Seems I've to retire some other servers now for this nice service. A little downside is that this thingy lacks bandwidth - but it'll be fine.

But hey: amazing product with almost nothing to complain about.

almost all my vps are from europe, since no vat will be charged toward me
    and no, nothing to complain about
    there are more template in the control panel than it was during the order.

• @FAT32 said:

@kwaralala said:
    Come on cociu! it's 1:20 AM here and I need sleeeeeep

1:20am only? Amateur.

Real men don't sleep

Not when you have to wake up at 5 again for work :S

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @kwaralala said: Come on @cociu! it's 1:20 AM here and I need sleeeeeep

me too , but going to the bed i will find the same thing there , here i find divertisment in different leanguages !!! so stay close !

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @smallbibi said:

@tronyx said:

@smallbibi said:
    The naranja deal is really amazing and I'm surprised it's still available now. I'm really tempted to get it but I am hesitating because it's not a good location for me :expressionless:

If you're in eu, I think it is a no-brainer deal if you won't idle it like me.

Its available to order for full price, but try enter coupon code and you will see.. :D

Coupon still works, you have to pay annually.

Oh yes, my bad... Offer still valid and its amazing!

• in Romania only 22:52

• @forces said:

@benj0x said:
    But their VAT calculation seems broken for EU customers. I'm getting charged 21.00% even though I'm from Germany. 16.00% would be right at the moment. Or at least 19.00%.

Seems I've to retire some other servers now for this nice service. A little downside is that this thingy lacks bandwidth - but it'll be fine.

Unfortunately, I'm from Europe and therefore I'm being charged VAT, which is completely fine - but I'd like to be charged the right amount of VAT and not overpay (the price is good anyway. Let's see if they'll notice and change it or I'll drop a low priority ticket in later).

• @cociu said:

@kwaralala said: Come on @cociu! it's 1:20 AM here and I need sleeeeeep

me too , but going to the bed i will find the same thing there , here i find divertisment in different leanguages !!! so stay close !

Wokay.
    Hope I don't snooze on the table πŸ˜‚

• @tronyx said:

@smallbibi said:

@tronyx said:

@smallbibi said:
    The naranja deal is really amazing and I'm surprised it's still available now. I'm really tempted to get it but I am hesitating because it's not a good location for me :expressionless:

If you're in eu, I think it is a no-brainer deal if you won't idle it like me.

Its available to order for full price, but try enter coupon code and you will see.. :D

Coupon still works, you have to pay annually.

Oh yes, my bad... Offer still valid and its amazing!

if only its 1TB hdd. they can take my money πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²

• ok guys , how a good offer in nvme should be like ?

the server node is 2xE52680v4
    24x2tb nvme
    760 gb ram ddr4
    12x12tb (this will be dedicated to storage)
    2x10gbps dedicated.... so waiting sugestions in kvm config and price.

Thanked by 1_Nic
  • why do i have half dozen cociu vps when i have nothing to store?

• Some small storage units paid yearly would be nice 100GB to 256GB.

• @cociu said:
    ok guys , how a good offer in nvme should be like ?

24x2tb nvme
    760 gb ram ddr4

I am not a expert, but I think I can give you some comments as your customer. I like your pricing and your service, but I don't think it is "production-ready".

I hope with your new nvme line, you can maintain high uptime and make sure the panel doesn't break. I think this is more important than racing to the bottom for pricing. I did buy the cheapest NVMe plan you had, but only because of the price.

• some NO plans?

• @cociu said:

24x2tb nvme
    760 gb ram ddr4

just drop it @cociu . no need for suggestions πŸ˜€. we will still buy if its worth good deal.

Thanked by 1kwaralala
  • @ravenchad said:

@cociu said:

24x2tb nvme
    760 gb ram ddr4

just drop it @cociu . no need for suggestions πŸ˜€. we will still buy if its worth good deal.

Yeah, me too.. :D

• πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ cociu is on fire today!!! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
    I came for the gifs, not for the deals, so here's my (late) contribution:

• @smallbibi said: I am not a expert, but I think I can give you some comments as your customer. I like your pricing and your service, but I don't think it is "production-ready".

I hope with your new nvme line, you can maintain high uptime and make sure the panel doesn't break. I think this is more important than racing to the bottom for pricing. I did buy the cheapest NVMe plan you had, but only because of the price.

lets not change this thread way so i will be short , we will talk in 6 month and i really hope people will write as much was blame me until now. Future details will be shared verry soon

Thanked by 2kwaralala benj0x
  • @lokuzard said: cociu is on fire today!!!

I came for the gifs, not for the deals, so here's my (late) contribution:

pffff wher you have been until now ? i almost got marry with my @nekki and now you appear here?

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited December 2020

@cociu said: lets not change this thread way so i will be short , we will talk in 6 month and i really hope people will write as much was blame me until now. Future details will be shared verry soon

Sorry if I sounded like I was blaming you. I had storage server with you and I am ok with downtime. I am happy with the storage server because of the price :)

Also, the benchmark of the 1 euro vps I promised:

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1795.672 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 6.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 67.9 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 17.12 MB/s    (4.2k) | 157.25 MB/s   (2.4k)
    Write      | 17.10 MB/s    (4.2k) | 158.08 MB/s   (2.4k)
    Total      | 34.22 MB/s    (8.5k) | 315.33 MB/s   (4.9k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 33.51 MB/s      (65) | 287.47 MB/s    (280)
    Write      | 35.01 MB/s      (68) | 306.61 MB/s    (299)
    Total      | 68.52 MB/s     (133) | 594.09 MB/s    (579)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 258 Mbits/sec   | 181 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 210 Mbits/sec   | 245 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 242 Mbits/sec   | 176 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 223 Mbits/sec   | 21.5 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 289 Mbits/sec   | 101 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 116 Mbits/sec   | 155 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 217 Mbits/sec   | 165 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 225
    Multi Core      | 225
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5543426

Am I right to assume I can utilize 100% of the qemu cpu? Or should I assume I can only utilize 25%?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

100 EUR HostSolutions credit deal

The first user who register the domain merrychristmaslet.com and put things that are related to Christmas and LET as the theme on the website will be compensated with 100 EUR HostSolutions credit. The winner must also include their LET username in that domain. Applicable for both new and existing clients, but winners for previous HostSolutions credits giveaways in this thread are not eligible to participate.

@cociu

Thanked by 1cociu
  • Running to register the domain to mess with all🀣🀣

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@kwaralala said:

There's a credit deal above GO GO GO

• @FAT32 said:

The first user who register the domain merrychristmaslet.com and put things that are related to Christmas and LET as the theme on the website will be compensated with 100 EUR HostSolutions credit. The winner must also include their LET username in that domain. Applicable for both new and existing clients, but winners for previous HostSolutions credits giveaways in this thread are not eligible to participate.

@cociu

Sorry, we were unable to add merrychristmaslet.com to your order. Another user in our system already has registered that domain. If you believe this is in error, please contact us with the domain name in question and we will research and get right back to you with more information.

If there were other domains in your selections then they should be added to your cart.

• @FAT32 said:

@cociu

• @benj0x said:

@forces said:

@benj0x said:

Unfortunately, I'm from Europe and therefore I'm being charged VAT, which is completely fine - but I'd like to be charged the right amount of VAT and not overpay (the price is good anyway. Let's see if they'll notice and change it or I'll drop a low priority ticket in later).

The VAT rate you pay is based on their location, not yours

• @NewToTheGame said:

@benj0x said:

@forces said:

@benj0x said:

The VAT rate you pay is based on their location, not yours

Not in the European Union. That's not how it works here.

• @FAT32 said:

@cociu

This domain was registered yesterday according to WHOIS guys...

• @FAT32 said: The winner must also include their LET username in that domain

I don't understand this part. what does it mean "username in that domain" ? can you please explain to me?

• @FAT32 said:

@kwaralala said:

There's a credit deal above GO GO GO

I was generously gifted a €50 credit by @cociu and @derekyang
    Hence, not eligible :)

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited December 2020

@samm said:

@FAT32 said: The winner must also include their LET username in that domain

I don't understand this part. what does it mean "username in that domain" ? can you please explain to me?

I guess you've to include the username on the website presented on the domain.

Just like here:

Thanked by 2FAT32 samm