Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ApisCP 18 year anniversary sale! And updates! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ApisCP 18 year anniversary sale! And updates!

Comments

• ^ Sale ended anyway.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@Ponury_Typ said:
    ^ Sale ended anyway.

No.

• Ponury_TypPonury_Typ Member
    edited January 2021

@vero said:

@Ponury_Typ said:
    ^ Sale ended anyway.

No.

Yes.

Edit: NVM, You were right. Its still up but You need to wait a moment after adding code for the discount.

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@Jio said:
    Do you take bitcoin?

Not at this time.

@Ponury_Typ said: : NVM, You were right. Its still up

Expires as soon as reseller launches, which hopefully will be by January 10th. Working feverishly to meet this objective.

@nem do licenses with limited amount of domains (Mini, Startup) also limit users? In order to create a user, we need a domain, but under that domain more users can be added - do restrictions apply to them also?

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited January 2021

@vero said:
    @nem do licenses with limited amount of domains (Mini, Startup) also limit users? In order to create a user, we need a domain, but under that domain more users can be added - do restrictions apply to them also?

1 User with 10 Domains
    10 Users with 1 Domain
    5 Users with domain and each one Subuser with another domain
    ...and so on, always ends up in consuming 10 domains from your limit.

@webcraft said:

1 User with 10 Domains
    10 Users with 1 Domain

It is domain limit that counts, not users, right? So it might be e.g. 1000 users with 10 domains (for Mini) also?

edited January 2021

@vero said:

@webcraft said:

1 User with 10 Domains
    10 Users with 1 Domain

It is domain limit that counts, not users, right? So it might be e.g. 1000 users with 10 domains (for Mini) also?

1.000 accounts with 10 domains would be 10.000 domains. Each account has a domain so maximum users would be 10 users with one domain each for the mini license.

@webcraft said:

1000 Users with 10 domains would be 10.000 domains. Each user has a domain so maximum users would be 10 Users with one domain each for the mini license.

I meant 100 users per single unique domain (total 10 domains, total 1000 users). Don't know what much these users can do with the same domain they use, the main issue I see is how to get separate email addresses for all of them.

edited January 2021

@vero said:
    I meant 100 users per single unique domain (total 10 domains, total 1000 users). Don't know what much these users can do with the same domain they use, the main issue I see is how to get separate email addresses for all of them.

This setup doesn't make sense as far as I understood what you're about to do. I'm not aware ApisCP supports kind of "alt-accounts". If you refer to email-users (accounts for email access), these are not billed.

@webcraft said:
    This setup doesn't make sense as far as I understood what you're about to do. I'm not aware ApisCP supports kind of "alt-accounts".

How do you create two separate e-mail accounts for the same domain so that emails would not end up at the same (main) account?

• @vero said: How do you create two separate e-mail accounts for the same domain so that emails would not end up at the same (main) account?

"Accounts" refers to system accounts (i.e. in Nexus), which are one (and only one) per domain. Each system account may have separate sub-users for panel access and email, which, to my understanding, are not billed.

Thanked by 1vero

@Unixfy said:

@vero said: How do you create two separate e-mail accounts for the same domain so that emails would not end up at the same (main) account?

"Accounts" refers to system accounts (i.e. in Nexus), which are one (and only one) per domain. Each system account may have separate sub-users for panel access and email, which, to my understanding, are not billed.

I was just writing an update and you've posted. I confirmed this information - only domain number counts, not users (or sub-users as you call them).

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@vero said: How do you create two separate e-mail accounts for the same domain so that emails would not end up at the same (main) account?

Create two separate user accounts. Assign email to deliver to these separate users. See also Separating mail to same user, different domain.

License restrictions only apply to domain counts. You can have 10 accounts each with 1 domain or 1 account with 10 domains. This would be treated the same way. There is no limit on the number of email accounts, databases, subdomains, or users these accounts may have.

Nexus shows this information in a banner for assistance.

Thanked by 1vero

@nem said:
    Create two separate user accounts.

I know how to do that already, just gave an example (in the form of question) of user accounts I was talking about to @webcraft

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @vero said: I know how to do that already, just gave an example (in the form of question) of user accounts I was talking about to @webcraft

Log into ApisCP as an account (non-admin) and go to Users > Create user in the sidebar

@Unixfy said:

@vero said: I know how to do that already, just gave an example (in the form of question) of user accounts I was talking about to @webcraft

Log into ApisCP as an account (non-admin) and go to Users > Create user in the sidebar

That XY problem I created here went out of control :o

Thank you all and stop answering, please ;)

If anyone's interested - looks like only one day left to get 50% discount for ApisCP lifetime licenses.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@vero said:
    If anyone's interested - looks like only one day left to get 50% discount for ApisCP lifetime licenses.

I already got 3 in this sale. so i should be good for a while

@SGraf said:

@vero said:

Guess the most buyers are very careful spending money on ApisCP licenses :) I also got a few. It reminds me of a stock market - who have slept in October (not me), should be quite frustrated right now.

Just a few more thoughts about ApisCP and this sale:

1. If Apis would add support for LiteSpeed and more Linux distros, those would be the major selling points. But we, who put just a tiny amount of trust in this product right now, know, that this is not actually required.
    2. Lifetime licenses are attractive, when their price is calculated the right way (calculating the time they will buy off). These - sale prices, have some rationale. Anyway - at first buyers consider product price and if it actually reflects the value they get. Current market conjuncture is the major factor in defining pricing strategy for web hosting control panels and the seller seems to notice that already :)
    3. Lifetime licenses are really attractive. But this reminds stock market again - expectations play big role. And though many here are positive about ApisCP, I feel like they aren't nowhere near being convinced. I don't say if they are right or wrong - I don't even know, it's just my observation.
    Thanked by 1fbmy

@vero said:

@SGraf said:

@vero said:

Guess the most buyers are very careful spending money on ApisCP licenses :) I also got a few. It reminds me of a stock market - who have slept in October (not me), should be quite frustrated right now.

Just a few more thoughts about ApisCP and this sale:

1. If Apis would add support for LiteSpeed and more Linux distros, those would be the major selling points. But we, who put just a tiny amount of trust in this product right now, know, that this is not actually required.
    2. Lifetime licenses are attractive, when their price is calculated the right way (calculating the time they will buy off). These - sale prices, have some rationale. Anyway - at first buyers consider product price and if it actually reflects the value they get. Current market conjuncture is the major factor in defining pricing strategy for web hosting control panels and the seller seems to notice that already :)
    3. Lifetime licenses are really attractive. But this reminds stock market again - expectations play big role. And though many here are positive about ApisCP, I feel like they aren't nowhere near being convinced. I don't say if they are right or wrong - I don't even know, it's just my observation.

1 - nem has commented on this a couple of times before.

2 - i think nem does that in a way, where it does not de-value his brand. furthermore the product is solid, and even when its not on sale, there is quite good value to be had.
    (especially for the smaller ones that are intended for private usage).

1. As long as he keeps improving it, there is always the point even to just buy a small one to keep nem afloat, or pay for the support package add-on.
    Thanked by 1vero

@SGraf said:

1 - nem has commented on this a couple of times before.

Yes, I know his opinion about all this. And the above was my opinion, while looking from marketing perspective.

2 - i think nem does that in a way, where it does not de-value his brand. furthermore the product is solid, and even when its not on sale, there is quite good value to be had.
    (especially for the smaller ones that are intended for private usage).

Second yes. No need to cheap out. That's what I wanted to say.

1. As long as he keeps improving it, there is always the point even to just buy a small one to keep nem afloat, or pay for the support package add-on.

Third yes, the hell. If you believe in something, you should contribute. That's how great things in the world are achieved. Lifetime license rather hurts provider in the long term, but hope not that much comparing to present benefit. And the seller decides himself what to sell. And us, the buyers - where to put our money.

• no doubt in my mind to add more license, because ApisCP is the future.

I got 2 licenses in this sale.

Thanked by 2vero nem

Not really.

2 of the licenses that i picked are the Startup ones... - My intention is to try them as an add-on/configurable option for dedicated servers.

If the experiment is successful i will get more of those.

Got another Pro for myself

@SGraf said:

If the experiment is successful i will get more of those.

Got another Pro for myself

Looks like at least one experiment was successful already :)

@vero said:

It just makes sense to have consistent/similar solutions/infra in all locations.

@SGraf said:

@vero said:

It just makes sense to have consistent/similar solutions/infra in all locations.

Right. OT as it's Saturday night already - @SGraf I liked Vienna, with it's viennese coffee, strudels and schnitzels.. Yay :) Not sure about the level of web hosting services though :D

edited January 2021

Mine works.

What you see on the website is just the stuff for public consumption. I also have .nl and .us locations that are not available for online orders at the moment.

@vero said:
    I liked Vienna, with it's viennese coffee, strudels and schnitzels.. Yay :) Not sure about the level of web hosting services though :D

I am more than happy to give reputable forum users a short trial...

When it comes to colo/power/bandwith/... Austria is generally an expensive location.

@SGraf said:
    What you see on the website is just the stuff for public consumption. I also have .nl and .us locations that are not available for online orders at the moment.

Sorry, I did not visit your site yet.

When it comes to colo/power/bandwith/... Austria is generally an expensive location.

It is expensive country overall. And the most expensive in the region. You should thank God, that you have such a wonderful and cheap neighbours :)

We went completely OT thanks to me :) But thanks to me this thread is alive again :) And thanks to @nem that it exists.

• In Matt I trust.

Thanked by 2vero nem