Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 57
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• @evanwalters said:

@nhocconan said:
    The 10T one lasts for more than 1 minute as per my check. Wonder why ppl so slow :-P

Did not order this time since I already got it.

Some people don't have 240 bucks to blow on a very niche server :)

And with a 10 days delivery.

• Plus some of us have the $110 10TB LAX server

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • CrabCrab Member
    edited November 2020

Interestingly I noticed my existing 2018 BF services have been recently renamed to these 2020 BF offers, but with different configurations and locations :D

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited November 2020

@evanwalters said:

@nhocconan said:
    The 10T one lasts for more than 1 minute as per my check. Wonder why ppl so slow :-P

Tbh, I didn’t get the price since I added my CC. I missed the 10T lax just reading detail so this time I did it quick. Only looked at the price after bank’s SMS came :-P

• no Los Angeles :'(
    That's where I can get best latency. (still 120ms though)

• @evanwalters said:

@nhocconan said:

Yep. I wish it could be paid annually.

• Still great deals, though I was wondering if something in between a 2TB and a 10TB disk might pop up lol.

• @evanwalters said:

@nhocconan said:

Also some people won't consider it wise to centrally store all their data (even if those are just backups) in one big fat server and would rather prefer to keep the storage distributed into a cluster of smaller servers.

Thanked by 1user123
  • Do any of you use your VPS to backup key files your (larger) NAS? If you do, what set up do you find works well?

• @evanwalters said: Some people don't have 240 bucks to blow on a very niche server :)

Yep, currently debating with myself whether I wanna pay it, since the USD went 25% up from last years value (on my currency) when I can get 6 1TB OneDrive account for $0,36/monthly for each TB.

I do lose part of the simplicity of having only one thing for everything.

• @user123 said:
    Still great deals, though I was wondering if something in between a 2TB and a 10TB disk might pop up lol.

There were the 3TB deals in the first post for a few days.

• @corbpie said: Plus some of us have the $110 10TB LAX server

How did I miss that offer?

• Amazing offers... Thank you HostHatch..

• @MagicalTrain said: There were the 3TB deals in the first post for a few days.

That was kinda bad compared to the 2TB or 10TB. I have one of those from last year. It is still a good price, just bad when comparing.

• @eoamk said: @corbpie said: Plus some of us have the $110 10TB LAX server

How did I miss that offer?

Because it was sold out in 20 seconds.

Thanked by 1eoamk
  • nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited November 2020

@Samidare said:
    no Los Angeles :'(
    That's where I can get best latency. (still 120ms though)

I still prefer LAX since I’m in asia. LAX latency is appr 200ms and much higher for CHI. But this deal is too good to be true. So just grab it while I can.

Idle first, usage later.

• @hosthatch I was under impression that only CHI will be available for 2T... b4 seeing other locations, I ordered/ paid Chi 2T.. Is it by any chance possible to put a ticket to get it provisioned for AMS/ STO?

Thanked by 1akb
  • @MagicalTrain said:

@user123 said:
    Still great deals, though I was wondering if something in between a 2TB and a 10TB disk might pop up lol.

There were the 3TB deals in the first post for a few days.

I know, and it was still a good deal. Except that the 2TB flash sale was for less than half the cost of the 3TB sale, even if the 3TB had 50% more BW.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Ouji said: Yep, currently debating with myself whether I wanna pay it

Couldn't you have sorted that out before ordering?

• @user123 said:
    Do any of you use your VPS to backup key files your (larger) NAS? If you do, what set up do you find works well?

Not 100% sure what you mean. But I use borgbackup for backing up my Servers. Works well, not much to setting it up.

Thanked by 1user123
  • @brueggus said: Couldn't you have sorted that out before ordering?

I could not, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. It was up for about 5 minutes, which was plent of time for anyone interested to get it.

• @MagicalTrain said:

@user123 said:
    Do any of you use your VPS to backup key files your (larger) NAS? If you do, what set up do you find works well?

Not 100% sure what you mean. But I use borgbackup for backing up my Servers. Works well, not much to setting it up.

For example, if you have a NAS, you would use borgbackup to backup some of the content to a VPS? There are so many options of software that it's honestly overwhelming and I just don't want to screw it up -_-.

• I'd love to pick up one of these storage boxes for primary backups, but it seems like it might be a bad idea to trust a low-end service with no reliability guarantee with my data. Seems like HH hasn't had any data loss incidents yet, but maybe that's too big of a risk?

• @Ouji said:

@brueggus said: Couldn't you have sorted that out before ordering?

I could not, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. It was up for about 5 minutes, which was plent of time for anyone interested to get it.

Sounds like you missed the post where @hosthatch said all open invoices are considered payable and not paying them means your account is no longer in good standing?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @plumberg said:
    @hosthatch I was under impression that only CHI will be available for 2T... b4 seeing other locations, I ordered/ paid Chi 2T.. Is it by any chance possible to put a ticket to get it provisioned for AMS/ STO?

+1 . same here. Europe has much better latency for me but that wasn't an option before.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • OujiOuji Member
    edited November 2020

@user123 said: Sounds like you missed the post where @hosthatch said all open invoices are considered payable and not paying them means your account is no longer in good standing?

That must be new, I had an open invoice for over an year before I paid (made the invoice by mistake).

• @akb said:

@plumberg said:
    @hosthatch I was under impression that only CHI will be available for 2T... b4 seeing other locations, I ordered/ paid Chi 2T.. Is it by any chance possible to put a ticket to get it provisioned for AMS/ STO?

+1 . same here. Europe has much better latency for me but that wasn't an option before.

Same here but hey, flash sales are final :P

Thanked by 2Falzo chocolateshirt
  • @Ouji said:

@user123 said: Sounds like you missed the post where @hosthatch said all open invoices are considered payable and not paying them means your account is no longer in good standing?

That must be new, I had an open invoice for over an year before I paid (made the invoice by mistake).

There was a whole discussion about it in this thread and he made it very clear.

• @Ouji said:

Put this guy on FraudRecord.