Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday E3 1230v2 - $39/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday E3 1230v2 - $39/month

Just got some email regarding a black friday special from turnkey internet.
Intel Xeon e3 1230v2 at $39/month with the coupon code.

Anyone used this provider? I used to see a lot of their offers on WHT last year, but never tried them.

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Here is the link.

Ips are like $2 each if I remember.
    http://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/dedicated-servers/

• That is a nice Core2Quad...

• Those price are yearly payment only

• looks like a good offer.This company is worth giving a try.

• emreemre Member, LIR
    edited November 2013

Know any EU Black Friday stuff?

US if too far away for my ping taste...

But these Fridays are always Black in US only :(

• Looked nice to I saw the drive upgrade prices, could buy 3-4 new drives at those prices.

• Those upgrades are so expensive.

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

their website seems to be down..

Oops it's .com not .net, lol.

Also they use to have a weird way for accounting BW.. it's 5TB out and 5TB in so it's not a total of 10TB

• shawn123shawn123 Member
    edited November 2013

@emre said:

I am struggling to find EU Black Friday vps deals and you are looking for Dedicated server deals.Good luck with that.

• emreemre Member, LIR
    edited November 2013

(BLACKFRIDAY) TurnKey Dedicated Servers - Intel Xeon X3440 2.53GHz QuadCore w/HT [BLACKFRIDAY 2013] (xx.xx.xx) » Operating System: CentOS 6.x x64 - FREE » Control Panel Installation: No thank you... » IP Addresses: 8 IP Addresses (/29) $192.00 USD » RAM: 32GB - FREE » 1st Hard Disk: 250GB SATA - FREE » 2nd Hard Disk: 250GB SATA $60.00 USD » Hardware RAID - 2 Disks: No thank you... » Port Speed: Dedicated 100Mbit - FREE » Premium Bandwidth: 10TB - FREE » Dedicated KVM: No thank you... » IPMI KVM: Yes please... » Management Plan: Self Managed - FREE » R1soft Backup: No thank you... » Business Continuity Insurance: No thank you... » Expedited Delivery: No thank you... $1644.00 USD [Edit Configuration] [Remove] Subtotal: $1644.00 USD $1044.00 USD Recurring Discount: $1044.00 USD Total Due Today: $600.00 USD Total Recurring: $600.00 USD Annually

600 p/y means 50 p/m , with 8 ips you can sell 7 vps's and 1 will be the node ip.
    Put ovzpanel on to it. your own server will be for $1 p/m

32 Gb ram , so oversell 2x ram, 8Gb per container. 50GB for raid0 disk space. Good
    Give unmeterered 100 Mbit/sec with each container. Lol, Anybody interested 8 Gb/ 50Gb disk 100 Mbit unmetered OVZ located US :D

• @emre said:

With pricing from companies like OVH and online.net everyday is black Fridays for you guys!

• @emre: you're forgetting -1 IP for IPMI.

• emreemre Member, LIR

mpkossen said: @emre: you're forgetting -1 IP for IPMI.

hmmm, that's right. So "Our prices are a little bit over LEB prices, But hey we provide PRO service.. Or what . Come get it at 9 USD p/m" hehe..

• I'd jump all over this if I could pay monthly.

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

Might also be good to know they have a really strict spam policy and if you blacklist one of their IP there will be a $250 fee..

SPAM COMPLAINT FEES

A service fee of $50/complaint will be applied to any customer with more than 5 (five) verified abuse complaints in a given month. Abuse complaints are defined as documented issues that are confirmed violations of these terms of service and to be a result of customer, or customer's, web hosted content or information.

A service fee of $125/hour will apply for investigation and corrective work performed by TurnKey Internet to resolve SPAM violations.

IP BLACKLIST FEES

If, as a result of a Customer's actions, TurnKey Internet's mail servers or IP address ranges are placed on email black hole lists or other mail filtering software system list, TurnKey Internet shall charge the Customer $250 upfront and $125/hour thereafter for any necessary investigation and corrective work.

>

• @emre @shawn123 the "Black Friday" is a US thing, that's why you don't see many EU providers offer some crazy deals. The EU providers usually make Xmas specials.

• @squibs said:
    I'd jump all over this if I could pay monthly.

They have a monthly payment option too but around $156/mo

• @earl said:
    Might also be good to know they have a really strict spam policy and if you blacklist one of their IP there will be a $250 fee..

>

Now that sounds very extreme.

• @Drukpa said:

Like they could ever charge you.

• I don't really understand the amount if IP's you get.

Only 1 usable (because the other would go to a broadcast, network, ...) (/30)
    How does this work exactly ? No way of having more than 1 external static IP to be used for VM's ?

Thanks

• Never tried their dedicated servers but had both reseller and VPS (cloud VPS) package with them back when they first opened up the DC in NY and had some crazy 80% off recurring deals.

My only complains at that time was it took at least a day or 2 for them to do anything, including restoring CPanel backups, and they would have a tech come in, ask for credentials and half a day later a tech come in and ask for credentials again.

So eventually I couldn't get the accounts moved and had to cancel the service. For the VPS service though I think the IO and CPU were limited but they were both fine (IO in the xx MB/s range).

Heard they got better though and with 80% off they probably had a bit too much than they could take.

• @Drukpa said:

Yup!

I had one of those black Friday reseller special a while back and most of the IP's I received were already on the black list..

Probably kept it close to a year without really using it, since it was such a good deal.. but a member on LET mentioned they will suspend your account way before you come close to using the resources given as it had happened to him.

• Prices are nice but wished they had something besides NY

• better off to colo locally. build awesome fx-8350 system for $300

• Wait.. it's TURNkey Internet? I've always thought it was Turkey Internet....

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@skybucks100 said:
    Wait.. it's TURNkey Internet? I've always thought it was Turkey Internet....

Haha this just made my day and it's only 9am

Thanked by 2skybucks100 mpkossen
  • All in all, not an interesting offer at all. And lets leave it at that ;)

• I purchased the 19$/month Q9550 offer. I'm really happy with it: I did have some issues at the beginning because Intel VT was not enabled. But support did not give up and we managed to sort it out. Support has been very fast and helpful ! Thanks !

• Use to be it comes with 1 free OS reload.. after that they charge you $25 per install. Not sure if it's changed.

• How about turnkey internet? any review?