Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup - Looking for an affordable Windows VPS - but have a hard time to choose Netcup - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup - Looking for an affordable Windows VPS - but have a hard time to choose Netcup

2»

Comments

• @Jorbox said: I had a server from netcup and didn't know that there is yearly contract

so you did not know what you ordered and are surprised afterwards? ;-)

@Jorbox said: I thought that when the month end and you don't pay they will cancel the service

seems you thought wrong then, how is that their fault? ;-)

• netcup will finally learn that there is full of stupid people who could not read and act like child when facing unexpected things.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Metz said: It's also good to hear that Tapilu had success via Paypal dispute, hope I'll never get to those kind of stuff, but who knows.

Netcup know that invoice is wrong and they delete invoice but i'm still holding emails and invoice

Thanked by 1Metz
  • JorboxJorbox Member
    edited November 2020

@Falzo said:

@Jorbox said: I had a server from netcup and didn't know that there is yearly contract

@Jorbox said: I thought that when the month end and you don't pay they will cancel the service

Don't take it personal I have said that I have good review for hetzner, not all Germany providers are the same only this netcup and contab0 are ****

I read all contabo terms and they didn't say they have bad disk IO xD

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Jorbox said: I read all contabo terms and they didn't say they have bad disk IO xD

Contabo has a limit of 1000 IOPS

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Jorbox said:

@Falzo said:

@Jorbox said: I had a server from netcup and didn't know that there is yearly contract

Don't take it personal I have said that I have good review for hetzner, not all Germany providers are the same only this netcup and contab0 are ****

I read all contabo terms and they didn't say they have bad disk IO xD

haha, no worries. it's just that I would recommend to not assuming/expecting things when buying but rather reading or maybe checking reviews and whatnot beforehand ;-)

that's why never had a service with contabo so far, their reputation has been worse back in the days. maybe I give them a try at some point, but still...

netcup on the other hand usually isn't about performance but just about having wrong ideas about their billing and getting p*ssed because they are "suddenly" hold you up to the contracts they signed 🤷‍♂️

• btw, the first cheap VPS is live: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2667

very good deal @ 4.44 - however yearly etc. ;-)

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @Falzo said:
    btw, the first cheap VPS is live: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2667

very good deal @ 4.44 - however yearly etc. ;-)

Hey, you are early too. :smiley:

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I think I was able to snatch a RS 2000 G9... I'm a new customer so I got this on my inbox:

Guten Tag, vielen Dank für Ihre Bestellung bei netcup!

Ihre Daten werden nun von einem unserer Mitarbeiter überprüft. Falls Ihre Daten nicht in einem Telefonbuch verzeichnet sind oder es andere Unstimmigkeiten gibt, werden wir per Telefon oder Post mit Ihnen in Kontakt treten, um Ihre Adresse zu validieren.

Wenn alle von Ihnen gemachten Angaben validiert sind, werden Sie ohne weitere Rückfrage die Zugangsdaten erhalten. Damit wird Ihre Bestellung von uns angenommen.

I wonder if I'll get to speak on the phone with a sexy German today :D

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @sportingdan said:
    I think I was able to snatch a RS 2000 G9... I'm a new customer so I got this on my inbox:

Guten Tag, vielen Dank für Ihre Bestellung bei netcup!

Ihre Daten werden nun von einem unserer Mitarbeiter überprüft. Falls Ihre Daten nicht in einem Telefonbuch verzeichnet sind oder es andere Unstimmigkeiten gibt, werden wir per Telefon oder Post mit Ihnen in Kontakt treten, um Ihre Adresse zu validieren.

Wenn alle von Ihnen gemachten Angaben validiert sind, werden Sie ohne weitere Rückfrage die Zugangsdaten erhalten. Damit wird Ihre Bestellung von uns angenommen.

I wonder if I'll get to speak on the phone with a sexy German today :D

best of luck... assume they will be quite busy today :D :D :D

missed it, because it sold out in only a few minutes, however will keep track of the order link, because I'd assume it to come back with their advent calendar...
    https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2668.

also might want to watch their twitter in case they announce a refill.

Thanked by 1sportingdan
  • For my experience with netcup: if you pay your invoices everything will be fine. If you order you close a self renewing contract. You have to cancel the contract to stop it from renewing. So its not a prepaid bullshit where they just stop your VM whe you forget to pay.

They will send you an invoice with 2 weeks time to pay it. if you do not pay it in this time they will send you 3 reminders with one week between each reminder. so in total you hav to mess up for 6 weeks before they hand the invoice over to a debt collector.

This is the standard contract and payment practice in germany. Everyone does that. Every hoster, Every Internet access provider, Every mobile phone company.

I Think most problems people have with german providers is that they think that those central european countries have the same contract and payment models like the US or whereever else. Just don't be stupid and inform yourself about the terms and conditions and you will not experience any surprises in matter of debt collections or something like that.

i'm customer at netcup for round about 12 years or yet.

Thanked by 2angstrom pbx
  • Does netcup require ID ?

• @tolovall said: Does netcup require ID ?

Kind of. Here is my experience from 2 and a half year ago: /discussion/comment/3095080/#Comment_3095080

• Does Netcup allow VPS transfer?

• @tolovall said:
    Does Netcup allow VPS transfer?

yes, they have option to 'Change of ownership to another customer:'

but I don't know the details(fee or others) about it

• @Falzo said:
    best of luck... assume they will be quite busy today :D :D :D

missed it, because it sold out in only a few minutes, however will keep track of the order link, because I'd assume it to come back with their advent calendar...
    https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2668.

also might want to watch their twitter in case they announce a refill.

their support really did call me 2h after I placed the order to confirm I existed and activate my account. it all went very smoothly. now it's time to test this beast :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Not sure if anyone not interested but I'm looking for a RS 2000 G9 BF20 – 11,11€
    In exchange I have a RS Black Special 2 (with more 4GB of RAM, double the disk)

Not wanting to sell, just exchange