Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET 11.11 offers this year? - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET 11.11 offers this year?

Comments

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2020

Would be interesting to see @dustinc in a Mercedes on Black Friday, with some servers in the trunk, breaking speed limits and racing towards data center with police behind him, to cover the orders and deliver more VPS for us. Such dedication would be a great video to increase sales.

Was looking for The Wolf, "that's 30 minutes away. I'll be there in 10” video but my cell is intermittent right now.

Thanked by 2dahartigan dustinc
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@dahartigan said:
    I don't even need more servers, but jesus christ, I don't think I can resist - especially now there seems to be addon options in the cart like memory, cpu, IPs etc to play with... fuuuuuuuuu >_< lol :)

Hahahaha, good eye! We most recently added that.

Thanked by 2dahartigan godslayer
  • @dustinc said:
    Everyone go give the OP thanks! Hit the thanks button!!!

RackNerdGang

Done

RackNerdGangster Club

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • @dustinc said:

@dahartigan said:
    I don't even need more servers, but jesus christ, I don't think I can resist - especially now there seems to be addon options in the cart like memory, cpu, IPs etc to play with... fuuuuuuuuu >_< lol :)

I think storage could be an excellent option to have for add-ons if that's possible, although you may have better reasons for omitting it.

• They don't have the location I wanted, but it's getting exponentially hard to avoid these 11.11 deals.

Thanked by 3dahartigan adly dustinc
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2020

This thread has been fantastic! Stocked up on sooo much potassium and it's NOT gonna kill me next year come renewal lol yayyy! Out of curiosity @ouji which location is missing? I'd like to see something in Florida at the 11.11 price, but I more than happy with the LA and San Jose locations - crazy low ping to Australia :)

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Biggest killer for me is no IPv6. Unfortunately, it is a hard limit due to requirements, but otherwise the deals have been fantastic.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @dahartigan said: This thread has been fantastic! Stocked up on sooo much potassium and it's NOT gonna kill me next year come renewal lol yayyy! Out of curiosity @ouji which location is missing? I'd like to see something in Florida at the 11.11 price, but I more than happy with the LA and San Jose locations - crazy low ping to Australia

For me it's also FL. Miami, FL is the best routing for South America. I have a Miami box with @seriesn and it's awesome.

Thanked by 1seriesn
    edited November 2020

@Ouji said:

@dahartigan said: This thread has been fantastic! Stocked up on sooo much potassium and it's NOT gonna kill me next year come renewal lol yayyy! Out of curiosity @ouji which location is missing? I'd like to see something in Florida at the 11.11 price, but I more than happy with the LA and San Jose locations - crazy low ping to Australia

For me it's also FL. Miami, FL is the best routing for South America. I have a Miami box with @seriesn and it's awesome.

We're in the exact same situation then. I have a project in Tampa that requires the best possible connection to South America. I actually do have a box in Tampa that was a grandfathered plan when my last host was acquired by smarthost, and it's one of those renew-til-I-die kinda deals. I would like another extremely cheap "renew forever" box, which I feel these 11.11 deals will be for me, it'd just be "nice" to have Florida in the mix - but I guess I can't have it all lol

• @Ouji said:

@dahartigan said: This thread has been fantastic! Stocked up on sooo much potassium and it's NOT gonna kill me next year come renewal lol yayyy! Out of curiosity @ouji which location is missing? I'd like to see something in Florida at the 11.11 price, but I more than happy with the LA and San Jose locations - crazy low ping to Australia

Thank you for being a member of the family <3

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • We certainly have the concept at this point, we are just finalizing it. Once we confirm the configurations are certain. I'll send you a PM. And one thing for certain, we will own BlackFriday. Together.

Love your signature :)

And once the gangstas have been recruited into the crew, will they get a good exclusive never seen before, virmach level deals??

Ill idle it anyway,lol.

• RackNerdGang

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • I still think as as zetizen. #RackNerdGand should should some #IPv6 love.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @adly said:
    I still think as as zetizen. #RackNerdGand should should some #IPv6 love.

Well, if you consider that racknerd providing IPv6 is "showing love", then perhaps setting up a gre tunnel would be considered "self love" ??

I'll show myself out..

Thanked by 2godslayer dustinc
  • @dahartigan said:

Where do you see that? Do only certain servers qualify? I have one of the 11.11 servers

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @Trav said:

@dahartigan said:

Where do you see that? Do only certain servers qualify? I have one of the 11.11 servers

You can only seem to do it automatically at the time of purchase. Have a look at a few of the offers, depending on which offer, the addons vary. I think the 1GB had an option of 4 cores IIRC, and it was around $30/year including the VPS.. so yeah.. tempting

Thanked by 2Trav dustinc
  • @dustinc said:

@dustinc said:
    Check this out https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/store/1111-specials :)
    Crazy low pricing, limited stock - grab while you can.

By the way, these will be discontinued / out of stock tomorrow at 9PM PST ;(
    So for those eyeing' them. Grab them before they are gone.

are they Ryzen?

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @dahartigan said:

@Trav said:

@dahartigan said:

You can only seem to do it automatically at the time of purchase. Have a look at a few of the offers, depending on which offer, the addons vary. I think the 1GB had an option of 4 cores IIRC, and it was around $30/year including the VPS.. so yeah.. tempting

More RAM options too! Super tempting

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @Trav said:

@dahartigan said:

@Trav said:

@dahartigan said:

I have discovered a whole bunch of neat combinations with those, some are crazy. My problem is I would end up buying too many so I personally need to resist.. have you caved in yet? Lol

Thanked by 1dustinc

@lowfatgeek said:

@dustinc said:

@dustinc said:

are they Ryzen?

Hi @lowfatgeek - our 11.11 promos arent Ryzen. Our 11.11 promos end today, so grab one - you'll be happy :) If you deploy in Los Angeles, the processors are DUAL E5-2695v2 or if you deploy anywhere else, the procs currently are DUAL E5-2680v2.

We do love Ryzen though, so we'll do more deals with them.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@godslayer said:

We certainly have the concept at this point, we are just finalizing it. Once we confirm the configurations are certain. I'll send you a PM. And one thing for certain, we will own BlackFriday. Together.

Love your signature :)

And once the gangstas have been recruited into the crew, will they get a good exclusive never seen before, virmach level deals??

Ill idle it anyway,lol.

Absolutely, we will always do deals, especially for the crew. Pleasant surprises soon.

Thanked by 2godslayer dahartigan

@dahartigan said:

@dustinc said:

@dahartigan said:

I think storage could be an excellent option to have for add-ons if that's possible, although you may have better reasons for omitting it.

That's a good idea - I'll look into including some storage upgrades on some of our plans/specials. Perhaps on Black Friday :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • JohnFilch123JohnFilch123 Member
    edited November 2020

Performance test for 11.11 promo VPS (NY datacentre) from @dustinc

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2020-11-12

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

Thu 19 Nov 2020 12:49:27 PM EST

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    CPU cores : 1 @ 2799.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 987Mi
    Swap : 1.0Gi
    Disk : 16G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 95.58 MB/s (23.8k) 1.22 GB/s (19.0k)
    Write 95.83 MB/s (23.9k) 1.22 GB/s (19.1k)
    Total 191.42 MB/s (47.8k) 2.44 GB/s (38.2k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 1.61 GB/s (3.1k) 1.52 GB/s (1.4k)
    Write 1.69 GB/s (3.3k) 1.62 GB/s (1.5k)
    Total 3.30 GB/s (6.4k) 3.14 GB/s (3.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 636 Mbits/sec | 539 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 181 Mbits/sec | 295 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 666 Mbits/sec | 488 Mbits/sec
    Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 412 Mbits/sec | 78.2 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 794 Mbits/sec | 796 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 674 Mbits/sec | 433 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 761 Mbits/sec | 399 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 510
    Multi Core | 509
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4848887

@JohnFilch123 said:
    Performance test for 11.11 promo VPS (NY datacentre) from @dustinc

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2020-11-12

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

Thu 19 Nov 2020 12:49:27 PM EST

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    CPU cores : 1 @ 2799.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 987Mi
    Swap : 1.0Gi
    Disk : 16G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 95.58 MB/s (23.8k) 1.22 GB/s (19.0k)
    Write 95.83 MB/s (23.9k) 1.22 GB/s (19.1k)
    Total 191.42 MB/s (47.8k) 2.44 GB/s (38.2k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 1.61 GB/s (3.1k) 1.52 GB/s (1.4k)
    Write 1.69 GB/s (3.3k) 1.62 GB/s (1.5k)
    Total 3.30 GB/s (6.4k) 3.14 GB/s (3.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 636 Mbits/sec | 539 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 181 Mbits/sec | 295 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 666 Mbits/sec | 488 Mbits/sec
    Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 412 Mbits/sec | 78.2 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 794 Mbits/sec | 796 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 674 Mbits/sec | 433 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 761 Mbits/sec | 399 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 510
    Multi Core | 509
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4848887

Nice, thank you for sharing :)

• AmirGTAmirGT Member
    edited November 2020

It's been a while since I last used such insane server. Thank you @dustinc <3

Here's benchmark

@AmirGT said:
    It's been a while since I last used such insane server. Thank you @dustinc <3

Here's benchmark

:yum: Awesome!

Thank you for sharing - and happy that you are with us. If you ever need anything, I'll be here :) Including the team.

Thanked by 1AmirGT
  • TIL you have an actual office for RackNerd @dustinc - that's freakin' impressive! It looks really cool, I love the layout. I've always liked the black/purple colour scheme for things it looks "smart/stylish" to me.

@dahartigan said:
    TIL you have an actual office for RackNerd @dustinc - that's freakin' impressive! It looks really cool, I love the layout. I've always liked the black/purple colour scheme for things it looks "smart/stylish" to me.

Nice find :smiley:

We love the area, and the local business we have here as well. Our local team seems to enjoy the office. A great first office for RackNerd.

We do plan on relocating sooner than later, to something even bigger to support additional local sales staff and local techs. This will allow us to better handle the local business we cater to as well, we're taking the MSP approach with local businesses. Endless opportunities here.

• @dahartigan said:

@Trav said:

@dahartigan said:

@Trav said:

@dahartigan said:

I have discovered a whole bunch of neat combinations with those, some are crazy. My problem is I would end up buying too many so I personally need to resist.. have you caved in yet? Lol

I finally caved and bought 2 more 1GB servers along with the 6GB (4GB server with the extra ram addon) Will combine a lot of the virmach servers that I had from last black friday, a lot of them are useless with the amount of RAM/disk space they have.

Too good of deal to pass up, can't believe we're not even to black friday yet either lol

edited November 2020

@dustinc said:

@dustinc said:

:o if my calculations are correct that's just under 2 hours away >_<

EDIT: Okay, so I caved in and got another one.

I found that you can get the 2GB with 4 cores it comes to $27.58 - which is actually 40 cents cheaper and more resources than the 1GB with the 4 core upgrade (which comes to $27.98) (2GB instead of 1GB RAM, 35GB instead of 17GB for the storage, and 5TB instead of 3TB bandwidth)

Now THAT is a hard to beat deal - I have a feeling dustin fucked up there lol :)

Thanked by 3dustinc TimboJones Trav