Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mail.baby? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mail.baby?

Comments

• adlyadly Veteran

@interservermike is there a wholesale option?

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

@adly said:
    @interservermike is there a wholesale option?

We do not have any volume discounts or reseller options at this time.

• A basic question - is Mail.baby similar to MxRoute? I already have an mxroute account which I use for my emails in two domains and I was wondering if mail.baby is basically the same service or is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance @interservermike

@azeem said:
    A basic question - is Mail.baby similar to MxRoute? I already have an mxroute account which I use for my emails in two domains and I was wondering if mail.baby is basically the same service or is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance @interservermike

MxRoute is email hosting.
    MailBaby is just for sending emails out via SMTP or API.

Thanked by 2azeem HostMayo
  • adlyadly Veteran
    edited August 2021

@interservermike said: MailBaby is just for sending emails out via SMTP or API.

Honestly, @jar's infra is probably better for sending regardless of the fact they also host mailboxes. If delivery is the key @jar is probably it.

@adly said:

Honestly, @jar's infra is probably better for sending regardless of the fact they also host mailboxes. If delivery is the key @jar is probably it.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback.

• adlyadly Veteran

@interservermike said:

@adly said:

Nothing personal... but @jar is dedicated to this. If you're just as good or better then excellent, I'll buy.

@adly said:

@interservermike said:

@adly said:

Nothing personal... but @jar is dedicated to this. If you're just as good or better then excellent, I'll buy.

There is plenty of business to go around for everyone. I prefer you stick with mxroute they offer a great service.

Thanked by 1adly
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Definitely a place for both, and I see clear signs of equal dedication: https://github.com/mailbaby

Thanked by 1adly
  • I am using @jar for hosting official emails

And I am using @interservermike for SMTP emails

Both are good on their own purpose.

Thanked by 1adly

@darw said:
    @interservermike is there a tutorial how to setup it on plesk that runs on linux? I see there is just a windows tutorial.

Sorry for the delay. https://www.mail.baby/tips/mail-baby-on-plesk-linux/

Thanked by 1darw
  • I just signed up to test with some Wordpress sites. They have a WP plugin that needs an API key, pretty straightforward. I am not an email master, I added the SPF record to my DNS and my emails are delivered to gmail accounts fine so far after first showing as might be spam.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@tdwuk said:
    I just signed up to test with some Wordpress sites. They have a WP plugin that needs an API key, pretty straightforward. I am not an email master, I added the SPF record to my DNS and my emails are delivered to gmail accounts fine so far after first showing as might be spam.

Any particular reason for necro-posting ? Afterall, this topic was done over a year ago.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @alento said:
    Any particular reason for necro-posting ? Afterall, this topic was done over a year ago.

Looks like a review…

Anyways, correct me if I am wrong, but MXroute by @jar now uses mail.baby @adly @interservermike @quags

Thanked by 1jar
    edited November 2022

@jiggawattz said: Anyways, correct me if I am wrong, but MXroute by @jar now uses mail.baby @adly @interservermike @quags

Correct. If an email fails to deliver from several of our IPs for reasons we have any suspicion could relate to IP reputation, we send it to mail.baby to retry. Not really something we have to do a lot of but for example, sorbs hit a few IPs recently due to one single user happening to hit a spamtrap of theirs from several IPs before I caught them, so a few emails have actually found their way there that were necessary for their delivery.

I do believe that mail.baby took exactly what I do and took it in another direction that I'd dreamed of myself. Much there for @interservermike to be proud of, it's great stuff.

Thanked by 2adly jlet88
  • @interservermike does mailbaby work well with sendy/listmonk? can you post a tutorial on how to setup mailbaby (smtp relay, dkim, sendy) on hestiacp (exim4)?

@Nhymxu said:
    @interservermike does mailbaby work well with sendy/listmonk? can you post a tutorial on how to setup mailbaby (smtp relay, dkim, sendy) on hestiacp (exim4)?

I have never tried. Sendy does have an option for SMTP.

https://easysendy.com/sendy/how-to-configure-external-smtp-with-sendy/

you can get your smtp login info from https://my.interserver.net/view_mail_list

Thanked by 1Nhymxu
  • NhymxuNhymxu Member
    edited February 2023

It seems that Mailbaby is only more cost-effective than Elasticemail when I send fewer than 5,000 emails per day. Elasticemail's SMTP pricing is 0.1$/1000 emails + 0.5$/day, their webhook works well with Sendy (https://sendy.co/elasticemail)

Additionally, I also found another SMTP service called Mail250, with a pricing of 50$/50,000 emails (sending speed 2000 emails/hour), but I couldn't find any reviews about them on Lowendtalk. Are they a scam?

• BingoBongoBingoBongo Member
    edited February 2023

@adly said:

@interservermike said:

@adly said:

Why are you comparing @jar 's mxroute with mailbaby on this thread?
    This thread is not about mxroute but MailBaby.

I know @jar is awesome with it's service but this thread is not about mxroute.

Exactly when OP or @interservermike drag mxroute into this thread?

If you are satisfied with your present service then stick with it.. do not vomit everywhere.

@BingoBongo said:

@adly said:

@interservermike said:

@adly said:

If you are satisfied with your present service then stick with it.. do not vomit everywhere.

Please feel free to mention me or mxroute in any thread. And when the thread is for someone like interserver, I’ll pop in to add my recommendation for them ❤️

Thanked by 1treesmokah

@jar ❤️ you too.

Thanked by 2treesmokah jar
  • @BingoBongo said:

@adly said:

@interservermike said:

@adly said:

Why did you feel the need to resurrect a comment made well over a year ago that was frankly quite masterfully handled by @jar and @interservermike at the time?

• @interservermike can I use your server to send newsletters? My wife uses Mailchimp but it's expensive. I could save some bucks with a self hosted alternative and an STMP relay

@vitobotta said:
    @interservermike can I use your server to send newsletters? My wife uses Mailchimp but it's expensive. I could save some bucks with a self hosted alternative and an STMP relay

yes, you can. Sendy mentioned above is really good mailing list software.

• @interservermike

Is it possible to resell your SMTP as whitelabel solution? Do you have API for that?

@LTniger said:
    @interservermike

Is it possible to resell your SMTP as whitelabel solution? Do you have API for that?

there is an API but its not whitelabel. https://www.mail.baby/apidoc.html#/

• @interservermike can I use your server to send newsletters? My wife uses Mailchimp but it's expensive. I could save some bucks with a self hosted alternative and an STMP relay> @interservermike said:

@vitobotta said:
    @interservermike can I use your server to send newsletters? My wife uses Mailchimp but it's expensive. I could save some bucks with a self hosted alternative and an STMP relay

yes, you can. Sendy mentioned above is really good mailing list software.

Thanks!

• @interservermike for some reason on landscape iPhone the text in the hamburger menu on the website is white on white (it’s fine portrait). Might want to look into it?

@adly said:
    @interservermike for some reason on landscape iPhone the text in the hamburger menu on the website is white on white (it’s fine portrait). Might want to look into it?

any chance you can email me a screenshot mike at interserver.net? I see it as black text on white on my iphone.

• @interservermike said:

@adly said:
    @interservermike for some reason on landscape iPhone the text in the hamburger menu on the website is white on white (it’s fine portrait). Might want to look into it?

any chance you can email me a screenshot mike at interserver.net? I see it as black text on white on my iphone.