Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ClientExec ( WHMCS Alternative ) is only $175 for Lifetime ! ( Original price = $499 ) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ClientExec ( WHMCS Alternative ) is only $175 for Lifetime ! ( Original price = $499 )

13»

Comments

• @yokowasis said:

@edoarudo5 said:
    Anyone got this to work with DirectAdmin? I tried an admin account, it worked partially, but syncing passwords doesn't work (using other DA port, errors that it cannot connect to the default port 2222 even though I'm using a different port). Then I tried with my reseller account at MyW, it connects but it doesn't work at all, only says suspend and delete in plugin actions. All this with API login and granted all access to all API commands.

EDIT: It finally worked but I had to had the port set to 2222 on the remote server, it also required full admin account access for all of the functionalities to work - I granted all API access because I don't know what specific ones to allow or deny. I think it's fairly safe because access to the remote server is only allowed from my controlling server's (where CE is installed) IP address.

So, Directadmin API doesnt work at the moment ?

I believe it was just a misconfiguration of the login key's permissions in DirectAdmin. I've tested our integration with DirectAdmin and it's working fine for me.

• edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited October 2020

Update: It does work but it does not work when your DirectAdmin setup does not use the default port 2222.

I set the server's port in plugin options to my own DA port's value. When client changes password, it presents the error:

DirectAdmin Error: Failed to connect to server.host.domain port 2222: Connection refused

I set the correct permissions as sent to me by ClientExec support and gave access to the appropriate IP addresses.

CMD_API_ACCOUNT_USER CMD_API_SELECT_USERS CMD_API_SHOW_USERS CMD_API_SHOW_USER_CONFIG CMD_API_USER_PASSWD CMD_MODIFY_USER

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2020

@edoarudo5 @Matteh

Seems like there is a bug in the DirectAdmin's plugin (directadmin-server/PluginDirectadmin.php) Update function on line 205

$sock->connect($args['server']['variables']['ServerHostName'], 2222, $args['server']['variables']['plugin_directadmin_Use_SSL']);

If you change the 2222 to $args['server']['variables']['plugin_directadmin_Port']

Should fix your issue?

Thanked by 1edoarudo5
  • @lonea said:
    @edoarudo5 @Matteh

Seems like there is a bug in the DirectAdmin's plugin (directadmin-server/PluginDirectadmin.php) Update function on line 205

$sock->connect($args['server']['variables']['ServerHostName'], 2222, $args['server']['variables']['plugin_directadmin_Use_SSL']);

If you change the 2222 to $args['server']['variables']['plugin_directadmin_Port']

Should fix your issue?

@imok said:
    I used ClientExec some years ago, what a pain to write a plugin. The code was a mess with hardcoded values.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • At least it is not an encoded file.

• @imok said:

At least it is not an encoded file.

Than it is a bug :open_mouth: . Better submit vug report directly to CE developer, it will be fixed for all users.

• @lonea said:
    @edoarudo5 @Matteh

Should fix your issue?

Yes, that was the issue regarding changing password. This'll be fixed in our next version.

• @Matteh said:

@lonea said:
    @edoarudo5 @Matteh

Should fix your issue?

Yes, that was the issue regarding changing password. This'll be fixed in our next version.

Could you be more soecific on your release cycle? That "next version", how often it is released? Are you coding alone or there is a team?

Thanked by 2webcraft zenki
  • Well, I like this more than Blesta! So my purchase was definitely worth it! Of course, your opinion may differ. Support is great too, so far. Helped me with any issues I had. All is working now and I may be using this for a really long time now, made a great decision by buying it over a new phone, lol. Thanks @Matteh ! I will take down my Blesta installation within today as I have finished migrating everything. I like it! <3

Thanked by 1Matteh
  • @Matteh

Can I use this to sell digital products / services that are not geared for web hosting?

• @plumberg said:
    @Matteh

Can I use this to sell digital products / services that are not geared for web hosting?

I want to know this too

• @LTniger said:

@Matteh said:

@lonea said:
    @edoarudo5 @Matteh

Should fix your issue?

Could you be more soecific on your release cycle? That "next version", how often it is released? Are you coding alone or there is a team?

We aim for major releases (feature releases) every few months, with maintenance and bug fixes in between as required, however, this isn’t a set cycle, meaning we only release when it’s ready to be used by the public.

We are a small team of 4 with 3 of those being on the development side, including myself.

@plumberg said:
    @Matteh

You can use CE to sell almost anything. We have a "General" type of Product Group, which is used for non webhosting/domains/ssl. The only thing we don't currently support is downloadable products

@plumberg said:
    @Matteh

You can use CE to sell almost anything. We have a "General" type of Product Group, which is used for non webhosting/domains/ssl. The only thing we don't currently support is downloadable products

Is there some demo or documentation available for non webhosting ? Also is there any support planned for downloadable content in future?

Thank you.

• @ressonix said:

@TimboJones said:

@ressonix said:

@Blestastore said:
    Looks really nice I'll give you that Clientexec but something looks familiar Lmao

Looks like they can't come up with original ideas so they just copy others. Big yikes.

There's absolutely nothing original in either screenshot. Care to elaborate on wtf you're referring to? Please don't say rectangular buttons.

Seriously, have you only looked at one panel or webGUI in your entire life?

ClientExec's current UI compared to the new one makes it very similar to Blesta in the layout that is setup. Look at the mockups of the new Client Area interface and compare it to Blesta, even that layout is almost identical (with a different overall design theme). I think they definitely took some inspiration given what their current UI looks like compared to the new mockups of the UI in v7.

I won't, I don't really give a fuck to go look at a bunch of stuff not in this thread. I just commented that if you think those two pictures were so similar as to be a "copy", you're wrong and it's all in your head.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

CE is one of the oldest Billing systems, iirc , it has been there since the era of AWBS/DRAM , Modernbill much before whmcs.

Every billing system has its own philosophy.