Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ClientExec ( WHMCS Alternative ) is only $175 for Lifetime ! ( Original price = $499 ) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ClientExec ( WHMCS Alternative ) is only $175 for Lifetime ! ( Original price = $499 )

Comments

• Took the bite. Will stop using Blesta and switch to this, see if if the monthly savings are worth it. Will switch back if it can't meet my requirements. :D

• @edoarudo5 said:
    Took the bite. Will stop using Blesta and switch to this, see if if the monthly savings are worth it. Will switch back if it can't meet my requirements. :D

Well, I am willing to take the lifetime package if you decide to revert back to blesta..

Thanked by 1edoarudo5
  • @chocolateshirt said:

@edoarudo5 said:
    Took the bite. Will stop using Blesta and switch to this, see if if the monthly savings are worth it. Will switch back if it can't meet my requirements. :D

Well, I am willing to take the lifetime package if you decide to revert back to blesta..

Let's see what happens. I liked using it then, maybe I'll like it now, too. :)

• I used ClientExec some years ago, what a pain to write a plugin. The code was a mess with hardcoded values.

Thanked by 2Ticaga pphillips
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@imok said:
    I used ClientExec some years ago, what a pain to write a plugin. The code was a mess with hardcoded values.

Sounds like WHCMS, they all sound the same.
    Someone needs to make a decent billing panel that does not suck nuts.

• @Neoon said: Someone needs to make a decent billing panel that does not suck nuts.

There is few on the edge of premium:

There is more leviathans like those, but I didn't test them. 2 above has major drawback - revenue sharing model. So, if you outgrow Uber or Atomia - you just invest money and build your own billing panel.

• Hi Everyone,

I’d like to take this time to introduce myself and respond to the various comments in this thread. I’m Matt Grandy, the Owner & Lead Developer for Clientexec.

First off, thank you for mentioning our flash sale on our owned license. While originally scheduled to end today we have decided to extend that until the end of this week at which point, we'd return to our regular discounted rate of $375.

Our owned licenses will always include unlimited updates (which means new features, bug fixes, security fixes, etc.), you only need to pay for support (and only if you use it). You have my word publicly on that :).

You are right, development in the past hasn't always been at a pace we'd like it to be though over the past year we have been making significant internal changes to the way we approach things from processes, planning, tools, development and we have been making significant improvements to Clientexec itself. With 6.3 scheduled for release in November, once out, focus will be on version 7.0. For those interested, here is a little sneak peak of what is to come in v7: https://www.clientexec.com/coming-soon

As for multi-currency, we have already identified this as a high priority piece that needs addressing and is something that will be addressed in the early stages of 7.x development

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out directly.

Thanked by 2lonea Shamli
  • @Neoon said: Someone needs to make a decent billing panel that does not suck nuts.

>

@Jord

• Good price, and I'd be inclined to pick up a license just to have, though I already have 2 owned lifetime Blesta licenses that I haven't really used so much, and I'd probably be better off with Blesta when I do need something, given the level of support and the community involved, but the sale is tempting...

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@seriesn said:

@Neoon said: Someone needs to make a decent billing panel that does not suck nuts.

>

@Jord

We are certainly trying sir :D

• Looks really nice I'll give you that Clientexec but something looks familiar Lmao

• @Blestastore said:
    Looks really nice I'll give you that Clientexec but something looks familiar Lmao

Looks like they can't come up with original ideas so they just copy others. Big yikes.

Thanked by 2Ticaga WSWD
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep

It's so sad that you are still trying to boost Blesta after all these years.

Are you gonna register a domain call clientexec.rip and make stupid videos?

Why don't you spend time on your own business (...hope it doesn't fail again) and not make stupid comments about other competing products.

Sigh... Lmao

@Blestastore said: Looks really nice I'll give you that Clientexec but something looks familiar Lmao

Thanked by 3imok Unixfy xreann20
  • @Matteh said: For those interested, here is a little sneak peak of what is to come in v7: https://www.clientexec.com/coming-soon

It looks beautiful, but will it be great to use and extend? I hope so. Too bad I haven't received my salary yet :D

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • TicagaTicaga Member
    edited October 2020

@lonea said:

Why don't you spend time on your own business (...hope it doesn't fail again) and not make stupid comments about other competing products.

Sigh... Lmao

@Blestastore said: Looks really nice I'll give you that Clientexec but something looks familiar Lmao

You can't say much you rip on Blesta because of the domain system, whilst praising whmcs. Anyway :) I'm pointing out the obvious. And yeah I told you all before the reason was because R1Soft was charging for agents which I wasn't getting income for and that business is still live with the new owners so didn't technically Fail. I failed at keeping an eye on accounting :) But who cares. My loyal customers appreciate me.

Thanked by 1ressonix
  • @Blestastore said:

@lonea said:

Sigh... Lmao

You can't say much you rip on Blesta because of the domain system, whilst praising whmcs. Anyway :) I'm pointing out the obvious. And yeah I told you all before the reason was because R1Soft was charging for agents which I wasn't getting income for and that business is still live with the new owners so didn't technically Fail. I failed at keeping an eye on accounting :) But who cares. My loyal customers appreciate me.

U might get pregnant with how hard you're dick riding

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@imok said:

@Matteh said: For those interested, here is a little sneak peak of what is to come in v7: https://www.clientexec.com/coming-soon

Too bad I haven't received my salary yet :D

Te puedo dar el dinero para comprarlo, 10% de interes.

Thanked by 1imok
  • Can I use this to sell digital products / services that are not geared for web hosting?

• Hopefully my salary comes in before this offer expires ;)

edited October 2020

I think everyone can agree Blesta's domain system is broken. You can pretend it's all fine except it's not.

https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7197-domain-manager-we-need-your-feedback-on-domains/page/8/#comments

Anyway :) I'm pointing out the obvious... LMAO

@Blestastore said:

@lonea said:

Sigh... Lmao

Thanked by 1zenki
  • @lonea said:
    I think everyone can agree Blesta's domain system is broken. You can pretend it's all fine except it's not.

Paul said that the estimate for the new domain manager is coming Q1 2021 last someone asked. 😜

Blesta 5.0 is wrapping up for a beta release soon and it comes with a bunch of new stuff. I'm looking very much forward to it.

http://dev.blesta.com/projects/CORE/versions/11107

edited October 2020

Cool, I hope you know that thread regarding the domain manager was created on
    August 22, 2016.

If they are marketing their app to the hosting market, I would think this would be a top priority.

But whateve... I'll just leave my license unused until they have something.

@ressonix said:

@lonea said:

Paul said that the estimate for the new domain manager is coming Q1 2021 last someone asked. 😜

Blesta 5.0 is wrapping up for a beta release soon and it comes with a bunch of new stuff. I'm looking very much forward to it.

http://dev.blesta.com/projects/CORE/versions/11107

Thanked by 1zenki
  • @Blestastore said:
    Looks really nice I'll give you that Clientexec but something looks familiar Lmao

I don't get it. Which section is similar again ?

• @ressonix said:

@Blestastore said:

Looks like they can't come up with original ideas so they just copy others. Big yikes.

There's absolutely nothing original in either screenshot. Care to elaborate on wtf you're referring to? Please don't say rectangular buttons.

Seriously, have you only looked at one panel or webGUI in your entire life?

Thanked by 2Hxxx zenki
  • BSABSA Member
    edited October 2020

@Blestastore @pphillips

This really isn't a billing system thrashing thread and there's absolutely no need to hijack it with a competitor product. Clientexec is long established and in my opinion more feature rich then Blesta.

We all know what Blesta is, hardly any of the professional companies use it because it is not a polished and functional product (yet). Can someone remind me how many years the community have waited for a domain manager? The developer I think has promised this a few times with no tangible results, I think I myself have follwed this feature for about 4 years - sorry but I've now lost all respect and faith in it.

Did I mention the awful URL structure? It makes me cringe.

Thanked by 2zenki lonea
  • @sid just an fyi all the thrashing seems to have come from @Blestastore and not @pphillips (he doesnt have a single comment in the thread), so @blestastore is responsible for the hijacking

• @Unbelievable said:
    @sid just an fyi all the thrashing seems to have come from @Blestastore and not @pphillips (he doesnt have a single comment in the thread), so @blestastore is responsible for the hijacking

Yes this is true. Blesta.store isn't the same as blesta.com, two different sites. Paul would never thrash something like that unless there's a legitimate reason. He's a pretty awesome dude.

• ressonixressonix Member
    edited October 2020

@TimboJones said:

@ressonix said:

@Blestastore said:

There's absolutely nothing original in either screenshot. Care to elaborate on wtf you're referring to? Please don't say rectangular buttons.

Seriously, have you only looked at one panel or webGUI in your entire life?

ClientExec's current UI compared to the new one makes it very similar to Blesta in the layout that is setup. Look at the mockups of the new Client Area interface and compare it to Blesta, even that layout is almost identical (with a different overall design theme). I think they definitely took some inspiration given what their current UI looks like compared to the new mockups of the UI in v7.

I can see how that comment could look pretty negative, but there's nothing wrong with taking inspiration from another product. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I just like to see companies come up with their own original take on things. Not trying to bash anyone at all. It's just something I look for in products.

Blesta's undergoing active development and things are beginning to be added quickly, and the fact that everything (but the licensing) is open-source makes it a no brainer for me. That's the primary reason I love Blesta.

But ClientExec definitely has its strengths, which I respect.

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited October 2020

Anyone got this to work with DirectAdmin? I tried an admin account, it worked partially, but syncing passwords doesn't work (using other DA port, errors that it cannot connect to the default port 2222 even though I'm using a different port). Then I tried with my reseller account at MyW, it connects but it doesn't work at all, only says suspend and delete in plugin actions. All this with API login and granted all access to all API commands.

EDIT: It finally worked but I had to had the port set to 2222 on the remote server, it also required full admin account access for all of the functionalities to work - I granted all API access because I don't know what specific ones to allow or deny. I think it's fairly safe because access to the remote server is only allowed from my controlling server's (where CE is installed) IP address.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @edoarudo5 said:
    Anyone got this to work with DirectAdmin? I tried an admin account, it worked partially, but syncing passwords doesn't work (using other DA port, errors that it cannot connect to the default port 2222 even though I'm using a different port). Then I tried with my reseller account at MyW, it connects but it doesn't work at all, only says suspend and delete in plugin actions. All this with API login and granted all access to all API commands.

EDIT: It finally worked but I had to had the port set to 2222 on the remote server, it also required full admin account access for all of the functionalities to work - I granted all API access because I don't know what specific ones to allow or deny. I think it's fairly safe because access to the remote server is only allowed from my controlling server's (where CE is installed) IP address.

So, Directadmin API doesnt work at the moment ?