Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


$$ from CDN (other than cloudflare)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

$$ from CDN (other than cloudflare)

ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep
edited October 2020 in General

How many here are actually selling CDN to their customers?
And if you are: How's it working out for you?
And if not: Why not?

Thanks for your feedback!

:)
D

Comments

  • enhancedhostenhancedhost Member
    edited October 2020

    Is there actually a market for this anymore? It's like SSL and CDN services are done.

    Cloudflare and WordPress (via jetpack Proton) both offers CDN and they cover the small business market fine. When your heading high end there's Bunny, Cloudfront and Azure CDN with decent pricing.

  • I am quite new in the industry and I have joined BlazingCDN recently. My first impression is, that there is a huge demand for this kind of product.

  • ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

    @Kajetan said:
    I am quite new in the industry and I have joined BlazingCDN recently. My first impression is, that there is a huge demand for this kind of product.

    so you are reselling their services?

  • I am in the Marketing team actually. We have launched officially our site and control panel in the beginning of Septemeber and we have a lot of organic site visits, queries and already quite big partners as well. Of course, there is a difficulty to get small companies and bloggers on board, as they can use free products, but still, we are making it in the majority of cases.

  • ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

    @Kajetan said:
    I am in the Marketing team actually. We have launched officially our site and control panel in the beginning of Septemeber and we have a lot of organic site visits, queries and already quite big partners as well. Of course, there is a difficulty to get small companies and bloggers on board, as they can use free products, but still, we are making it in the majority of cases.

    ahh - gotcha, thanks for feedback :)

  • Not all lowend providers can compare cloudflare in WAF and DNS.

    Not all CDN can scale up or give optimal performance on all locations. So that's where the gap or otherwise market potential to offer more affordable services for particular country or region.

    Premium providers need good amount of commit otherwise too high cost for small sites, startups, SME or medium enterprises. Cloudflare will still remain top choice among them despite knowing they don't get the desire region on demand.

  • @Kajetan nice to see you here. Will respond to your message separately.

    Kajetan and I have been exchanging emails since May or June and I am in the middle of testing BlazingCDN. Will post on that later.

    (This is a voluntary review, I am not affiliated with them in anyway).

    What I liked also was the persistence in following up and communication.

  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

    @vyas11 said:
    @Kajetan nice to see you here. Will respond to your message separately.

    Kajetan and I have been exchanging emails since May or June and I am in the middle of testing BlazingCDN. Will post on that later.

    (This is a voluntary review, I am not affiliated with them in anyway).

    What I liked also was the persistence in following up and communication.

    Do you know their pop's in apac, do they have one in India? I mailed them, but no response yet.

  • @Abdullah7310 said:

    @vyas11 said:
    @Kajetan nice to see you here. Will respond to your message separately.

    Kajetan and I have been exchanging emails since May or June and I am in the middle of testing BlazingCDN. Will post on that later.

    (This is a voluntary review, I am not affiliated with them in anyway).

    What I liked also was the persistence in following up and communication.

    Do you know their pop's in apac, do they have one in India? I mailed them, but no response yet.

    According to the map on their homepage, no Indian PoPs, only Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo and Singapore in APAC region.

    Thanked by 1Abd
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2020

    @AC_Fan said:

    @Abdullah7310 said:

    @vyas11 said:
    @Kajetan nice to see you here. Will respond to your message separately.

    Kajetan and I have been exchanging emails since May or June and I am in the middle of testing BlazingCDN. Will post on that later.

    (This is a voluntary review, I am not affiliated with them in anyway).

    What I liked also was the persistence in following up and communication.

    Do you know their pop's in apac, do they have one in India? I mailed them, but no response yet.

    According to the map on their homepage, no Indian PoPs, only Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo and Singapore in APAC region.

    Indeed. Singapore should be the closest PoP.

    @Abdullah7310 if you are looking for a CDN with PoP in India take a look at quic cloud. I wrote about them last week

    Thanked by 1Mikasa
  • Their Korean PoP doesn't seem to work. I have ticketed them. Let's see how it goes

  • For global a global audience I find BunnyCDN fater, to answer your question yes i do add Bunny to the clients.

  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

    @vyas11 said:

    @AC_Fan said:

    @Abdullah7310 said:

    @vyas11 said:
    @Kajetan nice to see you here. Will respond to your message separately.

    Kajetan and I have been exchanging emails since May or June and I am in the middle of testing BlazingCDN. Will post on that later.

    (This is a voluntary review, I am not affiliated with them in anyway).

    What I liked also was the persistence in following up and communication.

    Do you know their pop's in apac, do they have one in India? I mailed them, but no response yet.

    According to the map on their homepage, no Indian PoPs, only Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo and Singapore in APAC region.

    Indeed. Singapore should be the closest PoP.

    @Abdullah7310 if you are looking for a CDN with PoP in India take a look at quic cloud. I wrote about them last week

    read your blog post already 🙌
    using it on a client wp site

    Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @Abdullah7310 said:

    @vyas11 said:

    @AC_Fan said:

    @Abdullah7310 said:

    @vyas11 said:
    @Kajetan nice to see you here. Will respond to your message separately.

    Kajetan and I have been exchanging emails since May or June and I am in the middle of testing BlazingCDN. Will post on that later.

    (This is a voluntary review, I am not affiliated with them in anyway).

    What I liked also was the persistence in following up and communication.

    Do you know their pop's in apac, do they have one in India? I mailed them, but no response yet.

    According to the map on their homepage, no Indian PoPs, only Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo and Singapore in APAC region.

    Indeed. Singapore should be the closest PoP.

    @Abdullah7310 if you are looking for a CDN with PoP in India take a look at quic cloud. I wrote about them last week

    read your blog post already 🙌
    using it on a client wp site

    Another one is BunnyCDN got two pops in India!

    Thanked by 3vyas11 Abd vimalware
  • Bunny is super prem, definitely my favorite CDN out there.
    I use it in conjunction with Cloudflare

  • JordJord Member, Moderator, Host Rep

    BunnyCDN is prem

  • @t0ny0 said:
    Bunny is super prem, definitely my favorite CDN out there.
    I use it in conjunction with Cloudflare

    Same here.

  • I am using BunnyCDN (CDN77 resellers?) for managed Wordpress customers.

  • @lorian said: CDN77 resellers

    Nope. They use thier own in-house solutions as well as their own managed infrastructure. They use some of CDN77's dedicated server lines

  • mrclownmrclown Member
    edited October 2020

    @lorian said:
    I am using BunnyCDN (CDN77 resellers?) for managed Wordpress customers.

    bunny used https://www.datapacket.com/ for some locations. Not reselling any of CDN77 services.

  • OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited October 2020

    @MrClown: but some of their ips resolve to cdn77 - so they probably use their servers in some regions as sanvit says.

  • @OhJohn said:
    @MrClown: but some of their ips resolve to cdn77 - so they probably use their servers in some regions as sanvit says.

    Possible. both datapacket and cdn77 are same company.

    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • ups, sry. Missed that.

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    @ditlev said: How many here are actually selling CDN to their customers?

    LowEndBox will feature an interview with @BunnySpeed (owner of https://bunnycdn.com) on October 17.

  • BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

    No CDN77 is part of our infrastructure, but we do indeed work with DataPacket which likes to use CDN77 in their reverse DNS ... :smile:

    Thanked by 3OhJohn vimalware lorian
Sign In or Register to comment.