Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get Keepsolid VPN + Keepsolid SmartDNS Lifetime for 36$ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Get Keepsolid VPN + Keepsolid SmartDNS Lifetime for 36$

Comments

• Wow, all of this just to show users their credit scores (fako not fico) and make recommendations for credit cards and other loan related products? This is quite something - didn't realize that they were being this invasive. I started using the product before it went public (beta tester), so have had an affinity towards them. It will be interesting to see if these invasive tactics will continue now that they have been acquired by Intuit and if I am not mistaken, Intuit plays it real safe when it comes to how it operates its business.

• @the_astute said: invasive tactics will continue

Anything payments related will be like this, 3D Secure basically requires extensive invasive fingerprinting and data collection in the US, PSD2, etc.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2020

Well, wasn't China experimenting on, or partly already implemented a scoring system per person? So each persons equals a number (higher is better) depending on their actions, whether they work a job, whether they have helped another person that day, whether they earn a lot or little, whether they are young/oldold, criminal record etc..?

Like, if Psycho Pass and In Time had a baby or smth like that.

It thought I read about smth like this a while ago.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

On another note, with these VPN "lifetime" offers...does anyone think that these companies will be around for 40 or 50 years? Or even 10 years? Seems to me like every lifetime offer is an implicit scam.

• Is SmartDNS the same as the DNS firewall that appears not to be included in the offers you post?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2020

@raindog308 said:
    On another note, with these VPN "lifetime" offers...does anyone think that these companies will be around for 40 or 50 years? Or even 10 years? Seems to me like every lifetime offer is an implicit scam.

Nobody (or at least not many) thinks they are around that long. But Keepsolid (founded in 2013) has been around for a long time already and so have Windscribe (founded 2015) and PureVPN (founded 2007) which FastestVPN and Ivacy (founded in 2007) are reselling. Grabbing each of them at a LTD for some 15-20€ and WS for some 40€ does not leave much room for any regrets. Hell, even if they'd last a year only that's way cheaper than what Nord/Express/PIA etc. charge. And Keepsolid/Windscribe Premium definitely dont need to hide themselves performance and feature wise. If they close shop one day, so be it. Each of them has served me many years time and continues to save me money. LTDs are not about lasting a lifetime but doing your due research and then setting up&forget with a one time payment (LTD). No yearly sub fees or the like. Call it what you want but that's money saved right there as compared to a monthly/yearly VPN sub and ease of mind (no recurring invoices). Ofc if you dont need a VPN there's no need to compare.

I also dont expect @MikePT to have his service running for all my life and neither is he obliged to. Still I am happy so far and have gotten my money's worth. Jarlands MXRoute lifetime customers can probably tell a similar story.

• @NewToTheGame said:
    Is SmartDNS the same as the DNS firewall that appears not to be included in the offers you post?

No. SmartDNS is about unblocking Streaming services like Flix, BBC, Hulu etc. DNS Firewall is smth like AdGuard.

• llllll Member

The description of Keepsolid is a bit contradictory.
    Do they offer socks5 proxies or https proxies? And can I use the proxies without the browser extension?

• @lll said:
    The description of Keepsolid is a bit contradictory.
    Do they offer socks5 proxies or https proxies? And can I use the proxies without the browser extension?

They offer proxies for free on thier website but only 3 locations.. you need to use thier app or add-on for premium servers. If you need proxies for say web scraping try something like Nord vpn or torguard as they provide socks5 proxies to all servers

Thanked by 1lll
  • can I connect through intranet proxy with only port 443 opened using this VPN?

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited October 2020

I believe that I paid ~30$ each for their lifetime options, and it has been still a great value. Maxes out my 250mbit/s line, streams everything. Wireguard working well.

All they’re missing: an audit.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @drakula said:
    can I connect through intranet proxy with only port 443 opened using this VPN?

Best consult support about this :) I am just using their client and browser Extensions as it is all I need. Also a couple of custom ovpn configs.

• KeepSolid Passwarden Code for 6 months.
    PASSWARDENCOUPON

• Sorry to bump a really old thread. Was interested in picking up Keepsolid SmartDNS as a backup to Getflix/Controld. However, it's $149.99 on their site. I know it's been considerably cheaper than that on various sties such as StackSocial. However, it appears a good deal is nowhere to be found these days! Is anyone aware of any such deals still?

• @CityBlues said:
    Sorry to bump a really old thread. Was interested in picking up Keepsolid SmartDNS as a backup to Getflix/Controld. However, it's $149.99 on their site. I know it's been considerably cheaper than that on various sties such as StackSocial. However, it appears a good deal is nowhere to be found these days! Is anyone aware of any such deals still?

It's no longer on Stacksocial. Even VPN Unlimited is now about 80$ (iirc) on Stacksocial. Granted, they've sold VPN Unlimited for cheap for the past 5+ years, so can't blame them to increase their pricing. SmartDNS was at 40$ when I bought it. Now it's gone from Stacksocial.

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • @Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:
    Sorry to bump a really old thread. Was interested in picking up Keepsolid SmartDNS as a backup to Getflix/Controld. However, it's $149.99 on their site. I know it's been considerably cheaper than that on various sties such as StackSocial. However, it appears a good deal is nowhere to be found these days! Is anyone aware of any such deals still?

It's no longer on Stacksocial. Even VPN Unlimited is now about 80$ (iirc) on Stacksocial. Granted, they've sold VPN Unlimited for cheap for the past 5+ years, so can't blame them to increase their pricing. SmartDNS was at 40$ when I bought it. Now it's gone from Stacksocial.

Yeah it looks that way it comes bundled now at a higher price. I think it's $89.99

Funny enough just after black friday the SmartDNS was $49.99 for lifetime direct on KeepSolid. However, looks like that deal has also gone!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @CityBlues said:

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

Yeah it looks that way it comes bundled now at a higher price. I think it's $89.99

Funny enough just after black friday the SmartDNS was $49.99 for lifetime direct on KeepSolid. However, looks like that deal has also gone!

Yup. It's still a solid pick. Now just a bit more expensive.

• UltrapassionUltrapassion Member
    edited January 2023

Keepsolid VPN is the only lifetime subscription I have owned, although it doesn't work properly in China anymore B)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • So the Keepsolid SmartDNS came back to $49.99 for lifetime. So I picked it up.

Hasn't been great tbf. I tend to use Peacock/Paramount/Pluto/ESPN/Sling. Peacock/Paramount work. ESPN glitches and comes up with an inactive subscription even though it's active and Sling fails to play.

I reached out to support and they confirmed they have no issues their end.

I do have access to both Controld and Getflix and confirm ESPN/Sling work with them once switched over.

Support kinda sent me round in circles asking me to run diagnostic tests even though I told them several other USA Apps are working fine and when I use another SmartDNS both Sling and ESPN work.

I'm from the UK. Keepsolid I think is based in the USA. So maybe Sling/ESPN work fine for them because they are indeed already streaming from the correct country regardless of the DNS?

Anyway, if anyone wants to check there end i'm happy to lend my account to see if you can get it working you try it yourself.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I only use it for Netflix, and it usually works. I have tried it for different versions around the world. The one I sometimes have trouble with is the French Netflix, but it's not important to me, I just like trying out different versions around the world.

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • I have mostly been idling my SmartDNS services (Getflix since they stopped supporting flix and Keepsolid DNS in favour of plain VPN unblocking). When I used Keepsolid DNS it was for Flix and for that it worked.

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • CityBluesCityBlues Member
    edited February 2023

I don't use Netflix. I use Plex that is considerably larger than Netflix. It's just I use these services for EPL. EPL in the UK have rights for about 180 games. There's 380 in a season so close to 200 games we don't see. And the 180 are split between Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime for around $100ish a Month. And even then you don't even get 50%. This is my only route go to the USA and have all games for around half the Monhtly cost here for a season! haha

My take on SmartDNS Getflix, BulletDNS, Ironsocket, Controld, SmartDNS Proxy. Is Controld blows them all out of the water. The best lifetime deal being Getflix. The rest are pretty poor.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @CityBlues said:
    I don't use Netflix. I use Plex that is considerably larger than Netflix. It's just I use these services for EPL. EPL in the UK have rights for about 180 games. There's 380 in a season so close to 200 games we don't see. And the 180 are split between Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime for around $100ish a Month. And even then you don't even get 50%. This is my only route go to the USA and have all games for around half the Monhtly cost here for a season! haha

My take on SmartDNS Getflix, BulletDNS, Ironsocket, Controld, SmartDNS Proxy. Is Controld blows them all out of the water. The best lifetime deal being Getflix. The rest are pretty poor.

I hear ya. Yeah, that kind of sucks :/ Regarding Getflix, I reallly liked it for a long time, but then Flix stopped working so the whole marketing gag "GetFLIX" was ruined, too. Given that Windscribe is very much known for cool (and always improving) features, I can see why ControlD has the upper hand, albeit I never really used it. I use Windscribe as is, though. One of the best lifetimes I have bought.

• CityBluesCityBlues Member
    edited February 2023

I hear ya. Yeah, that kind of sucks :/ Regarding Getflix, I reallly liked it for a long time, but then Flix stopped working so the whole marketing gag "GetFLIX" was ruined, too. Given that Windscribe is very much known for cool (and always improving) features, I can see why ControlD has the upper hand, albeit I never really used it. I use Windscribe as is, though. One of the best lifetimes I have bought.

Yeah they kinda need a overhaul of the name. The channels Getflix say they support they do I've noticed which can't be said for BulletVPN/IronSocket SmartDNS's. Also I don't think I've ever had a problem with a Getflix supported channel going down. Getflix is a great lifetime deal. Alongside Windscribe. Here's hoping the other lifetimes we have reach their high standards lol! I'd go as far as to say Getflix/Windscribe is the perfect geo unblocking combo. As what Getflix won't do on DNS level Windscribe will 99% be able to do via the VPN.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2023

@CityBlues said:

Yeah they kinda need a overhaul of the name. The channels Getflix say they support they do I've noticed which can't be said for BulletVPN/IronSocket SmartDNS's. Also I don't think I've ever had a problem with a Getflix supported channel going down. Getflix is a great lifetime deal. Alongside Windscribe. Here's hoping the other lifetimes we have reach their high standards lol! I'd go as far as to say Getflix/Windscribe is the perfect geo unblocking combo. As what Getflix won't do on DNS level Windscribe will 99% be able to do via the VPN.

I must say, Ivacy is also pretty great when it comes to unblocking. It supports many different streaming services and about 6 (?!) Flix regions :) Windscribe ofc is great, too. Getflix works for those channels advertised, but as the name suggests that's not why I bought Getflix in the past :P

• @Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

I must say, Ivacy is also pretty great when it comes to unblocking. It supports many different streaming services and about 6 (?!) Flix regions :) Windscribe ofc is great, too. Getflix works for those channels advertised, but as the name suggests that's not why I bought Getflix in the past :P

Did you know Windscribe still offer the Lifetime deal? :D https://windscribe.com/upgrade?promo=BESTDEAL

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2023

@CityBlues said:

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

Did you know Windscribe still offer the Lifetime deal? :D https://windscribe.com/upgrade?promo=BESTDEAL

I already have WS lifetime but others might be interested in it, although.. it's a 1000$ charge if I see that correctly, so..

• @Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

I already have WS lifetime but others might be interested in it, although.. it's a 1000$ charge if I see that correctly, so..

Yeah haha! According to their Reddit they still sell at $1000 too!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited February 2023

Well, that's not just lifetime deal, but no less than 7980 years long deal!

"My son, I can't give you much, but you will inherit this Windscribe account. Take good care for it, it's in our family since Ympker the Great passed it to his son and your late grandgrandgrandfather Ympker the II."

Thanked by 2Ympker tototo
  • @Mumbly said:
    Well, that's not just lifetime deal, but no less than 7980 years long deal!

"My son, I can't give you much, but you will inherit this Windscribe account. Take good care for it, it's in our family since Ympker the Great passed it to his son and your late grandgrandgrandfather Ympker the II."

They say that sharing an account is prohibited. Imagine 60 years from now you leave that to your son and it gets suspended :D

Thanked by 3Mumbly tototo fart