Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN Unlimited $15 lifetime - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN Unlimited $15 lifetime

13»

Comments

• @Ympker said:

@daemonsyn said:
    Anyone using this for gaming? Any feedback?

When I used to play TERA USA from Enmasse Entertainment (not Gameforge EU) my ping dropped by some 20-30ms using a US location from VPN as compared to my regular connection (location: Germany).

If ping is a major concern, isn't it best to use Cloudflare's WARP+?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said: When I used to play TERA USA from Enmasse Entertainment (not Gameforge EU) my ping dropped by some 20-30ms using a US location from VPN as compared to my regular connection (location: Germany).

RIP Enmasse

@daemonsyn said: Anyone using this for gaming? Any feedback?

Yeah you will almost certainly get thrown into a ban pool because of the sheer amount of abusive users on it. Log in to a Nexon game from most PIA and NordVPN locations to get your account suspended automatically.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2020

@hzr said:

@Ympker said: When I used to play TERA USA from Enmasse Entertainment (not Gameforge EU) my ping dropped by some 20-30ms using a US location from VPN as compared to my regular connection (location: Germany).

RIP Enmasse

@daemonsyn said: Anyone using this for gaming? Any feedback?

Yeah you will almost certainly get thrown into a ban pool because of the sheer amount of abusive users on it. Log in to a Nexon game from most PIA and NordVPN locations to get your account suspended automatically.

Yeah, Enmasse is history now ;(

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@daemonsyn said:
    Anyone using this for gaming? Any feedback?

When I used to play TERA USA from Enmasse Entertainment (not Gameforge EU) my ping dropped by some 20-30ms using a US location from VPN as compared to my regular connection (location: Germany).

If ping is a major concern, isn't it best to use Cloudflare's WARP+?

Ping was never a big issue. It wasn't like the game was unplayable but 20-30ms lower was nice to have :)

• @maxwell said: May Chinese Hackers/Bots using it... so you will be ip banned for sure pretty quickly

Does VPN Unlimited even work in China?

• @Ympker said: Yeah, Enmasse is history now ;(

An interesting thing to note is that basically all KMMO anticheat will enumerate all your adapters and send IP/mac/etc of each one so they know if you are on VPN or not.

• @hzr said:

@Ympker said: Yeah, Enmasse is history now ;(

An interesting thing to note is that basically all KMMO anticheat will enumerate all your adapters and send IP/mac/etc of each one so they know if you are on VPN or not.

I expected nothing less. Valorant also has this Vanguard AntiCheat by Riot Games/Tencent. Whatever that is doing to my Computer, too. I haven't installed Epic Store yet, though.

• Just bought Fastest VPN through stock social. Will try VPNUnlimited

• @hzr said:

@Ympker said: Yeah, Enmasse is history now ;(

But their system won't ever see their private IP or MAC bound to the local nic nor does it infer anything anyway. More likely, they just do a combination of MTU and port testing.

People should be putting their vpn client in their router/gateway to bypass simple local nic checks, as well.

• @TimboJones said: But their system won't ever see their private IP or MAC bound to the local nic nor does it infer anything anyway. More likely, they just do a combination of MTU and port testing.

this (the game part) runs on the actual client as a dll or rootkit or similar, it has access to the private IP and MAC. Most games do this now. League of Legends sends all network adapters on login, every login, in addition to loading third party deviceid stuff.

Several of these have both a web and a local feature, and will also read cookies off your chrome install .sqlite db or similar to "join" the two together into one profile.

They do mtu + tcp fingerprinting and port testing on top of it.