Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is this? Chinese? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is this? Chinese?

Comments

• Chinese yam + Pig Liver + fungus = Chinese popular dishes, and called '山药木耳溜肝片'.
    Maybe you can go Chinese restaurant and order one to taste.

• Oh,if you don't eat Pig Liver, Chinese yam + fungus + green pepper also available!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

fungus ? You mean the wallflowers ?
    Or mushrooms ?

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited November 2013

@x16 said:
    Chinese yam + Pig Liver + fungus = Chinese popular dishes, and called '山药木耳溜肝片'.
    Maybe you can go Chinese restaurant and order one to taste.

Well,i think“木耳炒肉片"tasty well,right?

• @Maounique said:
    fungus ? You mean the wallflowers ?
    Or mushrooms ?

Sorry,it is hard to translate, Mu-er,fungus,agaric,dried fungus, which is right?

• Just make sure you get it translated correctly

Yeah, one of the most hilarious I really laughed at it :)

• Black Fungus,I saw people plant it on trees when I was a child.
    More on taobao,both dry and wet

• That's wood ear, used by the chinese for a variety of cuisine and cold/warm dishes. You can read more about it if you google wood ear fungus.

The backside of the box basically explains how to prepare it(The one you have on the pic is factory packed, which is weird as they're bought in dried form, not "Factory processed" but i wouldn't be surprised since this is most probably being a "made in china" one).

If you absolutely need to know, it tells you to:

• Soak in warm water for 30 minutes until it fully expand and wash with clean water. Finally serve portion according to number of people.
  • "Black Fungus" as a slang in Chinese means something different "when a girl has too much Sxx, her puxxx turns black" In this case, Black Fungus is equal to "Slxt" as a internet slang in Chinese.

eg. You want a Black Fungus or a pink strawberry?

lol

• kyaky said: "Black Fungus" as a slang in Chinese means something different "when a girl has too much Sxx, her puxxx turns black" In this case, Black Fungus is equal to "Slxt" as a internet slang in Chinese.

lol

@kyaky: what's the chinese word for "black fungus"? lol. I need to know.

• @cosmicgate said:
    @kyaky: what's the chinese word for "black fungus"? lol. I need to know.

It's this.

• @kyaky said:
    "Black Fungus" as a slang in Chinese means something different "when a girl has too much Sxx, her puxxx turns black" In this case, Black Fungus is equal to "Slxt" as a internet slang in Chinese.

lol

Oh,lol

• @cosmicgate said:

never say this to a girl. It's not a joke although it's a slang.

never say " you are a 黑木耳"

noun. 黑木耳 = Black Fungus = a girl who is a sl*t
    pronunciation ['heɪ'muː'er]

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited November 2013

@kyaky said:
    never say this to a girl. It's not a joke although it's a slang.

never say " you are a 黑木耳"
    noun. 黑木耳 = Black Fungus = a girl who is a sl*t pronunciation ['heɪ'muː'er]

lol,Is your girlfriend 黑木耳?

• @Edo said:
    lol,Is your girlfriend 黑木耳?

what a rude question. alright, I would say "same as ur mom" xD. you got the answer.

• @kyaky said:
    what a rude question. alright, I would say "same as ur mom" xD. you got the answer.

Oh sorry,just a joke.

• @Edo said:
    Oh sorry,just a joke.

lol I liked that.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2013

It tastes really not bad, just let it cook for a while, cut, put in strong chicken/beef soup (use new water, duh).

The packaging looks damaged though (and pretty old), it should be sanitary to cook and eat it, but might pose a small risk still with stuff acquired on shipping way.

The import of that the US was also most likely illegal.

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2013

I remember it is $0.85/kg.

@Edo are you is black?

• @Zen said:
    39 minutes? that's a peculiar instruction for cooking time.

right, it's a typo. I was meant to say 30 minutes =)

• Thanks guys. Haha, Helped the girlfriends sister move house, but she moved into some chinese womans house. Wanted to know what it was as we found it. Was rather interested as the woman had been growing weed in one of the upstairs bedrooms.

• It says "Sound Demon"

Obviously.

• It is a tasty ingredient for "steam boat cuisine". In Indonesia it is known as Jamur Kuping. When you mix it with some Chinese spices, it will make a good aphrodisiac.

@vRozenSch00n said:
    it will make a good aphrodisiac.

Tested or just hearsay ?

• Tested :) I went to a traditional Chinese drug store and they gave me a small pack of spices, slow boil the ingredients along with the fungus with 3 glasses of water until only 1 glass of water remain, eat the fungus and drink the water approximately 30 minutes before you know what :)

• have u tried it? Maybe it's some fermented dry weed

• it is chinese food,I eat it often.it is 木耳炒肉 in chinese.i think it was very delicious.can you tell where located in china.Of course,i know you pic is from the internet.but many chinese people like to eat.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Edo said:
    Looks it's "sanwuchanpin",right?OK.it is "sanwuchanpin".