Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My short experience with BuyShared.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My short experience with BuyShared.net

I read so many positive reviews about buyshared and was positively excited about their service. At the moment I'm using Namecheap hosting and decided to try buyshared.net hosting. I bought $18/year product and it was in pending. Great, right?

After ten minutes I got mail from them that my order was cancelled due to email/name mismatch from payment method and amount was refunded. I checked my paypal email and my amount was refunded. I contacted their support and got reply within 5 minutes but it was simply rehashed version of the email they sent when they cancelled my order. Except, if I want to continue I should add my paypal details as billing contact.

Seriously guys? It was very common in these days to use different email for different things and you should have atleast sent me a mail before refunding. I could've provided required details.

I don't what to think about these guys.

Comments

• No biggie, just add the email as a billing contact and re-order.

• @Moofie said:
    No biggie, just add the email as a billing contact and re-order.

I had no problem to reorder, but tbe Problem is paying with indian paypal is pain in the ass. The money they refunded will take from 2 days to 20 days to get credited in my bank account. And I cannot use paypal balance except for withdrawal in to my bank account. I hate that. All they have to do was send me a mail asking for required details.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@kodavati13 said: After ten minutes I got mail from them that my order was cancelled due to email/name mismatch from payment method and amount was refunded. I checked my paypal email and my amount was refunded. I contacted their support and got reply within 5 minutes but it was simply rehashed version of the email they sent when they cancelled my order. Except, if I want to continue I should add my paypal details as billing contact.

Yes, welcome to fraud protection.

If the email you sign up with doesn't match the email of your paypal then we don't have much of a leg to stand on with chargebacks.

Francisco

• @kodavati13 said:

@Moofie said:

I had no problem to reorder, but tbe Problem is paying with indian paypal is pain in the ass. The money they refunded will take from 2 days to 20 days to get credited in my bank account. And I cannot use paypal balance except for withdrawal in to my bank account. I hate that. All they have to do was send me a mail asking for required details.

I believe they did the same with me, which I think was completely valid. This is the Low End Space, scammers are much more of an occupational hazard here.
    You can register a Kotak 811 account, it includes an international VCC, which should work without any problem on most websites.

• @AC_Fan said:

@kodavati13 said:

@Moofie said:

I believe they did the same with me, which I think was completely valid. This is the Low End Space, scammers are much more of an occupational hazard here.
    You can register a Kotak 811 account, it includes an international VCC, which should work without any problem on most websites.

I can understand that. This was low amount so no problem. Few months back $1200 were stuck in paypal because the product I purchased was not deliverable to my address. All he could was ask for a new address whch I could happily provide but they chose to refund. My money got stuck and by the time I got my money back, offer on the product was gone. That's why get frustrated when seller refunds without contacting me.

I'm using ICICI card, and has no problems with it. I am just not comfortable with paying directly from card unless the site was popular and trusted. I like to use paypal as my middleman.

• @kodavati13 said:

@Moofie said:

PayPal does that worldwide if you pay with a bank, its not an Indian thing. It's just to cover their ass so they don't get unauthorized disputes.

• @Moofie said:

@kodavati13 said:

@Moofie said:

PayPal does that worldwide if you pay with a bank, its not an Indian thing. It's just to cover their ass so they don't get unauthorized disputes.

Nah, you cannot pay with bank in indian paypal. Bank account was only for withdrawals.

• @Francisco said:

@kodavati13 said: After ten minutes I got mail from them that my order was cancelled due to email/name mismatch from payment method and amount was refunded. I checked my paypal email and my amount was refunded. I contacted their support and got reply within 5 minutes but it was simply rehashed version of the email they sent when they cancelled my order. Except, if I want to continue I should add my paypal details as billing contact.

If the email you sign up with doesn't match the email of your paypal then we don't have much of a leg to stand on with chargebacks.

Francisco

It could've been better had you send me a mail saying add my paypal email to the account or get suspended. No problems though will careful in future.

@kodavati13 said: It could've been better had you send me a mail saying add my paypal email to the account or get suspended. No problems though will careful in future.

I'll let Karen know that India can cause huge refund delays for customers.

It's almost never an issue where people can easily order again. The only time I've seen it be an issue is if the user is using a credit card as the funding source for Paypal.

I'll PM you shortly.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@kodavati13 said: It could've been better had you send me a mail saying add my paypal email to the account or get suspended. No problems though will careful in future.

It's almost never an issue where people can easily order again. The only time I've seen it be an issue is if the user is using a credit card as the funding source for Paypal.

I'll PM you shortly.

Francisco

Thank you for response. I will pay again on morning and post my response here.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2020

For what it's worth I also often sign up with an email different from my PayPal Accounts' and then go ahead and purchase smth via PayPal. Has never been an issue with any of the Hosts I am signed up with. I try to use my PP email adress for nearly nothing else but financing/banking stuff while I use other emails for signing up with hosts, online games, steamsteam and other online services that require registration.

Glad to see this gets sorted :)

• I'm also from India, never had problems with buyvm or buyshared... I'm also using PayPal which is good for currency exchange.

My refund from PayPal takes maximum 4days..... And sometimes instant. I'm using ICICI credit card on PayPal.

• I happened with me and my friend,

used diff account for signup.

afterwards solved using same PayPal address.

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

Providers have to protect against fraud.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2020

@Ympker said:
    For what it's worth I also often sign up with an email different from my PayPal Accounts' and then go ahead and purchase smth via PayPal. Has never been an issue with any of the Hosts I am signed up with. I try to use my PP email adress for nearly nothing else but financing/banking stuff while I use other emails for signing up with hosts, online games, steamsteam and other online services that require registration.

Glad to see this gets sorted :)

It's very common to do that - but; allowing it leaves the provider wide open to "item not received" disputes.

We've managed to win one like that in the past, though it was a lot more work than usual disputes (more evidence required to win).

• I'm about to switch from Buyshared I think, I'm on LV Shared 2 and I'm getting like 98.5% uptime, lately there's been like a 5 minute down time everyday.

@SirFoxy said:
    I'm about to switch from Buyshared I think, I'm on LV Shared 2 and I'm getting like 98.5% uptime, lately there's been like a 5 minute down time everyday.

Should ticket if you're seeing that. I have nodeping checking HTTP requests every 1 - 2 minutes. I see Litespeed restarts but that's really not that often, def not what you're describing.

Fun fact, DA does the same refreshes but the way they structure their configuration files seems to process much faster than cPanel, meaning things gracefully reboot properly.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@SirFoxy said:
    I'm about to switch from Buyshared I think, I'm on LV Shared 2 and I'm getting like 98.5% uptime, lately there's been like a 5 minute down time everyday.

Should ticket if you're seeing that. I have nodeping checking HTTP requests every 1 - 2 minutes. I see Litespeed restarts but that's really not that often, def not what you're describing.

Fun fact, DA does the same refreshes but the way they structure their configuration files seems to process much faster than cPanel, meaning things gracefully reboot properly.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@SirFoxy said:

Francisco

It might be me hitting my CPU resources idk, it's from uptime robot, I also use sendy and ses on the same service with a 2.5k person list.

@SirFoxy said: It might be me hitting my CPU resources idk, it's from uptime robot, I also use sendy and ses on the same service with a 2.5k person list.

Under the same account or is it a reseller?

You can check inside of cPanel to see your CPU/RAM usage.

Francisco

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited September 2020

@Francisco said:

@SirFoxy said: It might be me hitting my CPU resources idk, it's from uptime robot, I also use sendy and ses on the same service with a 2.5k person list.

Under the same account or is it a reseller?

You can check inside of cPanel to see your CPU/RAM usage.

Francisco

It's a reseller account but I'm the only user.

I'm not sure what's causing it but this is a regular week for me:

(The only thing I have on the plan is a decent to low traffic WP site and Sendy.)

@SirFoxy said: It's a reseller account but I'm the only user.

(The only thing I have on the plan is a decent to low traffic WP site and Sendy.)

I guess the next question would be how often the samples are taken (is it 1 minute checks? 5 minutes?) and if it requires multiple positives to count it as 'up'.

The sluggish Litespeed restarts can cause a 1 minute blip, but if you're doing 5 - 10 minute checks it'll obviously think it was down that long.

Anyway, ticket and I can look and share with you my nodeping alerts for your node.

Francisco

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @Francisco said:

I guess the next question would be how often the samples are taken (is it 1 minute checks? 5 minutes?) and if it requires multiple positives to count it as 'up'.

The sluggish Litespeed restarts can cause a 1 minute blip, but if you're doing 5 - 10 minute checks it'll obviously think it was down that long.

Anyway, ticket and I can look and share with you my nodeping alerts for your node.

Francisco

It's 5 minutes for the free uptime robot service, anyways thanks for responding Fran.

• HosterlabsHosterlabs Member
    edited September 2020

Hello,

Fraud is a real hassle, I believe providers are free to chose their method of protecting themselves. Obviously security and anti-fraud comes with the problem of flexibility. The more security you add, the more prone you are to false positives.

This might also be a problem for consumers, oftentimes they chose the same password for different websites and using same PayPal credentials as for some hosts, might create security risks when/if hosts get hacked. This is really on the consumer side but just thought of it.

But I believe it is best to just refund, as most consumers/customers will not bother to answer to a claim of anti-fraud, so it is better to just refund and avoid time being lost on waiting for replies, most people just don't. And obviously time is money...

• @Francisco said:

Not in all cases. I got my refund email from PayPal before the cancellation email hit my mailbox.

@vyas11 said: Not in all cases. I got my refund email from PayPal before the cancellation email hit my mailbox.

I mean more of 'when the customer will have access to their funds'. There's a few other countries I can't remember where if you refund them over paypal it takes a good bit of time before they see it. I think in those cases they have to source everything from a CC/Bank and aren't allowed to have balance.

Francisco

Thanked by 1kodavati13
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

I've done this for 10+ years and surprised it was never a problem for me. I could see where it could be but there are a lot of not nefarious reasons for 2 diff emails.

• I have a special email for payment, games, social media, website that I don't want to use for long, website that I want to use for long, etc.

When they asked me to use the same email, I was disappointed that they don't support my own way to manage my privacy. But I follow their orders anyway because i know they are one of the best. And here I am paying for their service for many months and I haven't think to stop anytime soon.

They have their own method. So I guess I got to respect that as long as it doesn't harm me....yet.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2020

@Francisco said:

He was using Uptime Robot with 5 minute checks, so the downtime numbers reported will actually be the minimum time it was 'down' to the world/UR servers, not report higher than actual. More frequent check interval would detect downtime faster and be even higher reported downtime. The distinguishing point about UR is that after downtime is detected, they don't just keep checking every 5 minute intervals, they check every minute (according to their FAQ), and I'll get downtime numbers of 1-5 minutes fairly regularly.

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

Your registration page is fairly clean looking, but you may want to put a little note under the email box to suggest using the email address registered with Paypal account if that will be the payment method. Save both parties time and hassles.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco just want to tell that yes this is a real problem in countries like India, refunds can only go back to bank & not to paypal balance.
    Takes about 7-14 days to credit in bank account (it maybe less for private banks, but I say about nationalized banks)
    So the fund access is blocked.

Regards :)