Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Come and check how much is cociu's word worth xD - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Come and check how much is cociu's word worth xD

1235»

Comments

• In other news, men do not use Perfume.

They just don't like Perfume. Coz balls.

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • yes, little negative feedback and controversial behavior when well managed, it’s ok, ….

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2020
    • Domain hostsolutions.ro was registered in 2014.
    • Domain netsilvania.com was registered in 2015.
    • Both domains have the same nameservers. Websites are active in online hosting industry since 2014 and 2015 respectively (according to archive.org).

• Company SC Parfumuri Femei.com SRL was registered in 2012.

• Company SC Netsilvania Network SRL was registered in 2017.
    • Both companies have the same registration owner, and the same apartment in the same block as registered address. Owner's name seems to be the same as @cociu name (name can not be disclosed on LET due to GDPR).

In my opinion, a change in branding and company is not exactly new, since both companies and both websites exist for quite some time now.

EDIT: Forgot the popcorn gif.

• @default said: Owner's name seems to be the same as @cociu name (name can not be disclosed on LET due to GDPR).

You're free to mention his name, it doesn't matter. Everyone knows him as cociu and not Marius anyways.

• cociucociu Member
    edited September 2020

@default said: Both companies have the same registration owner, and the same apartment in the same block as registered address. Owner's name seems to be the same as @cociu name (name can not be disclosed on LET due to GDPR).

Marius Borta , i have made it public long time ago ... nothing to hide.

• AlphaRacks down, Racknerd up,people's money gone. :D
    I don't think cooiu will do this,he is a great guy.

• Holy shit, what the fuck has happened here

• I like Cociu as non US provider, specially east europe

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

@default said:

• Domain hostsolutions.ro was registered in 2014.
    • Domain netsilvania.com was registered in 2015.
    • Both domains have the same nameservers. Websites are active in online hosting industry since 2014 and 2015 respectively (according to archive.org).

• Company SC Parfumuri Femei.com SRL was registered in 2012.

• Company SC Netsilvania Network SRL was registered in 2017.
    • Both companies have the same registration owner, and the same apartment in the same block as registered address. Owner's name seems to be the same as @cociu name (name can not be disclosed on LET due to GDPR).

In my opinion, a change in branding and company is not exactly new, since both companies and both websites exist for quite some time now.

EDIT: Forgot the popcorn gif.

you better call Saul!

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

all knows, the way of cociu present in past was not even understandable before years. but he seems good progress on learning and good now, will become better soon.

as per his service, i love it even their is ups and down(always have a backup plan to avoid). who gives such dmca/copyright takedown worry free hosting in LET price tag.

even they doing rebranding its not like run away. without LET their is no @cociu and i dont think they getting profit or running cost.
    he seems investing whatever he can to grow the business in coming years

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@buzzyLET said: It's not just one "joke". It's having to go through a 4 year degree surrounded by men making these kinds of "jokes" constantly, and then going through the same thing in the workplace. It's having your skills and competence constantly devalued, regardless of your rank at the company, how long you've been there, or your actual skillset. It's having not having equal pay.

Apparently you've never worked a day in IT in your life.

Come work for any major American company's IT department and tell a sexist joke and see where it gets you. "Constantly"? Get out of here. You are describing a complete fantasy.

I can't speak for other professions, but in the IT departments in which I've worked (for some of the biggest non-IT companies in America), what you're describing is some Marxist propaganda nightmare that is 180 degrees from reality. In over 25 years of IT, I have heard a racist comment exactly one - rare enough that I remember it vividly - and the offender was fired. And that was circa 2002 by someone who'd joined a couple months earlier. I've never heard a sexist joke or comment even once. I've managed people for over 25 years and I've never had a woman come to me and say she felt uncomfortable about comments made or anything like that. I'm aware of two sexual harassment incidents and both again resulted in nearly immediate firings.

Constantly?

College kids in the US are drowned in progressive propaganda. I walked through a dorm last year and every single floor had posters about gender equality and sexual preference equality, there were mandatory classes on these topics, etc. Are there stupid 18 year olds? Sure. But the idea that colleges are some kind of gauntlet during which women are pelted on all sides by sexism and discrimination is ridiculous and untrue.

The modern US IT workplace (again, for IT, can't speak to other departments) is about as pure a meritocracy as you can find. We are also soaked in quarterly mandatory diversity training, etc. and there is a strong positive bias toward promoting immigrants and women...though ironically neither are minorities in IT. And it's been that way in IT for a long time. If you have the skills, you will go far in IT and your gender or skin color does not matter, end of story, period.

What you're reporting is life in the 1960s, which progressives in 2020 still cling to in search of issues to pump their fists about because they want to feel like noble champions. Life simply isn't that way any more in IT.

I hire people every year and I'd say easily 50% of the resumes I receive are from women and well over 2/3 are immigrants. I only hire senior-level people so these are folks who already have 10-15 years in their fields. And that's without even getting into H1Bs. What loony toons propaganda are you spewing here?

To be clear: there are tons of women in IT, tons of women applying for IT jobs, and tons of women succeeding in IT careers.

@buzzyLET said: It was not common to have academic background in tech at this time that is rampant now and creates barriers to minorities entering tech because, in addition to any financial/zip code based barriers they may be facing, it's fucking hard to finish 4 years of college while you're berated constantly for your gender, race, or sexual identity by your classmates.

Bizarre - what universe are you living in?!? I work in a very large corporation and white males are a minority. Well over 2/3 of our IT staff are immigrants - mostly from countries which are far poorer than the poorest zip codes in the US - and highly paid at that. I haven't done the math but I think we are pretty close on 50/50 gender parity or perhaps females have a small majority. Talking to people at other big companies and when I go to conferences, etc. I see the same. In 25 years I have never once worked on a team that was majority male or majority white. The vast majority of my bosses have been either female or immigrants or both.

@buzzyLET said: Please do your homework on stuff like this.

Indeed. Wake up from your wokeness. It's not 1950 any more. You're going to have to find another issue to riot and kill people in the streets over.

• very enlighting Sir, thanks

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2020

@raindog308

You're talking your experience in IT. They were talking STEM. Not the same thing. At least 4 years and another level of academia and regular contact with peers. I don't see IT socializing with other departments to even develop the relationships and have contact with other workers like workers working next to each other day in and day out.

What you ranted about might be closer to 2020 reality, but it's for sure far from 2000's reality for me.

I took electronics engineering at a technical college in early 2000's. The HR woman was one of the hottest women I've ever seen in my life. When she'd come talk to about 160 males and like 10 females, there were cat calls and other shit said out loud, nevermind how many expressed wanting to fuck her in private.

They'd be asked be others, "why do you want to be in electronics?" with an obvious tone and not asking other dudes.

One female physics instructor couldn't get any respect, which will really stagnate a woman's career if they can't be promoted because students don't respond to her.

For what it's worth, the class was less than 1/4 white males, most being Asian. IMO, some of the worst comments (in private, not to the females face), were not from the white guys. But the females can still feel the looks from us guys without needing to hear the dirty comments. I'm sure they hear them and pretend not to hear them to feel less awkward.

And "constantly" doesn't mean every day, but frequent, as in more than a few times or regularly.

I can't say I have much experience with woman at my job, other than there were only a few. In SMT, it was mostly women (half dozen?). The male boss they had was very friendly and I think they were all very good friends and highly respected each other, so I don't think they experienced issues. But not my department.

Harassment and other shit goes under reported especially at places where they think problems don't exist. Not saying that's the case, just saying a lack of female complaints may not have the effect you think.

But yeah, your experience doesn't ring with me like buzzyLET, which was more of an overall report and not from a single female experience. You can find articles online written by women in STEM in the first person, if you want.

As for corporate IT, one large company I deal with now has their pronouns in their signatures. You don't suspect this level of HR is a reaction to decades of mistreatment? Because for many decades HR was not friendly to women but to the company (which were usually ran by men).

Given your extremely high rate of women at your work, I can easily see a different culture than 8:1 male to females typical elsewhere (not super large corporates). Congratulations, you're way ahead of the curve and likely a major reason you don't see this as a problem at your work.

Thanked by 3default vimalware Pwner
  • I Know @TimboJones ,
    need load balancing betwen male and female ;) maybe

• @buzzyLET said:
    You're completely and utterly wrong about women in STEM, by the way. What we are seeing now is an artifact of video gaming as it was introduced in the late 80s and 90s. Before then, female programmers weren't quite as stigmatized. It was a natural extension of women's involvement in the telephone industry. See Grace Hopper: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Hopper or Margaret Hamilton: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hamilton_(software_engineer)

There used to be more women in computing because in the early days of computing, much of the job was secretarial work.

Please do your homework on stuff like this. This is just as vile as saying that certain races don't have aptitude for certain work or are lazy and poor. As always the real answer as to what causes racial and gender based disparities is obviously not "X are (by virtue of their minority) dumb/lazy/etc. etc. etc."...

What's really vile is claiming most every man out there is conspiring to attack and discriminate against women, with no evidence to back it up.

Men are under represented in a number of good, high-paying job fields. Are the women there harassing all the men until they quit, and conspiring to keep them out?

Tech is a tough, unsecure field. Women are smart to avoid it.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2020

@rcxb said:

There used to be more women in computing because in the early days of computing, much of the job was secretarial work.

I must have missed that in Halt and Catch Fire. Are you saying the punch cards stuff is secretary work?

What's really vile is claiming most every man out there is conspiring to attack and discriminate against women, with no evidence to back it up.

Not most every man, and nobody is saying that. That's illogical and not helpful in discussing the issues and how to solve them.

Not STEM, but the police and military have huge problems with abuse and discrimination towards females. In Canada, there's class actions against RCMP and Military for decades of shit (they may have settled) and needed change at the top. Same with female firefighters. Hearing the stories of how the first female firefighters in NY were treated, it's sad. Years of psychological harm and depression as a result.

One time, our Prime Minister made a comment about protecting women on oil sands work camps and a bunch of people took offense to it as if it was insulting every father, husband, son and brother. Then of course, a University person who knew what that was about had to explain to people that men do bad shit to women all the time.

Men are under represented in a number of good, high-paying job fields.

Such as?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Man am I glad that women are perfect and nevar evar discriminate against men ...

Oh, but ... now I'm confused because, especially during the last months (blm) we have gotten plenty obtrusive lecturing about how, oh so evil white people (which includes women, I presume) are and how the white people discriminate against black (and presumably other not white) people (which includes women, I presume).

I already see how much better the woke youngsters made the world.

Thanked by 2jar maverickp
  • Can someone aswer me? If women are underpaid, but still do exactly the same job as men, why companies hire men? Do they just overpay for the fact he has a dick hanging between his legs?

I would hire only women, to pay less for the crew.

• Is this the new CEST PIT?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Ympker said:
    Is this the new CEST PIT?

Remove the original topic, clean up the rest a bit, and you will end up with a little part of LET history that we can dig up whenever we argue someone. 😀

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited September 2020

@Cdoe said:
    Can someone aswer me? If women are underpaid, but still do exactly the same job as men, why companies hire men? Do they just overpay for the fact he has a dick hanging between his legs?

Well that's discrimination as well. My dicks bigger than the next guy so I demand more pay, just for the size of it. Doesn't even matter I don't do shit.

• @serv_ee said:

@Cdoe said:
    Can someone aswer me? If women are underpaid, but still do exactly the same job as men, why companies hire men? Do they just overpay for the fact he has a dick hanging between his legs?

Well that's discrimination as well. My dicks bigger than the next guy so I demand more pay, just for the size of it. Doesn't even matter I don't do shit.

Also, typing in a forum doesn't make your dick big

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@codelock said:

@serv_ee said:

@Cdoe said:

Joke’s on you, this happens to be my fetish

• @cociu did some Restructuring with his companies and @MrPsycho loses his Mind ?

@MrPsycho Are You Off Your Meds?

• @codelock said:

@serv_ee said:

@Cdoe said:

One comment = one inch. That's why I always scratch it knee high

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited September 2020

@PHDan said: If you want to get on Cociu's word just ask him where IPv6 is, was supposed to be deployed near a year ago or so.

He has already answered that question, the sister's are still trying to tame IPv6 as we speak.

@cociu won't force them to go faster because he respects them.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@rahulks said:
    @cociu did some Restructuring with his companies and @MrPsycho loses his Mind ?

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Anyways. Did he run away? -> NO.
    Why you should even care then?

• No, just a thesis test, and failed

This discussion has been closed.