Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servarica failing uptime since 2 weeks too much
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Servarica failing uptime since 2 weeks too much

The issue seems to be going since months but my 11/11 Storage VPS is unable to keep up.
This is third time it was switched off/paused without any reason. Last time I had to start as it was off from control panel on 22/8 and now it shows "Paused" and there is no button to even enable it. No communication!

Apart from that almost 3-4 times reboots every week is kind of norm. I never complete a slow and long rsync backup often before it dies again and again.

Anyone else facing this?

Comments

• varxvarx Member

Right now even their client area is down, I was barely able to just see the status once and then it's gone.

Proxy Error
    The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at servarica.com Port 443

• My Mouse Storage VPS used as NextCloud still up..

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • varxvarx Member
    edited August 2020

@chocolateshirt said:
    My Mouse Storage VPS used as NextCloud still up..

Lucky you, I have been facing this since months, it was only good in beginning for a few months.

Edit: Can you get into your client area? I can't seem to open a ticket since long enough now.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • @varx said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Lucky you, I have been facing this since months, it was only good in beginning for a few months.

Edit: Can you get into your client area? I can't seem to open a ticket since long enough now.

Their site, including client area, seems down.

• varxvarx Member

@chocolateshirt said:
    Their site, including client area, seems down.

Yes, I don't think its just me. And maybe my instance is on same node as their own site (just speculating, disastrous if true).

• kp93kp93 Member

6 hours of downtime today

seemed like large DDoS lets ask @servarica_hani

Major Issues are showing past 1 year only.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Have you created a ticket? If yes, what was their response towards your issue?

Sorry, just had to ask.

• varxvarx Member

@thedp said:

Sorry, just had to ask.

How to? When the support system itself is down when needed most.

• kp93kp93 Member

@thedp said:

Sorry, just had to ask.

1st response was DDos

2nd they tweeted network issue

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@varx said:

@thedp said:

Sorry, just had to ask.

So you're saying that you've experienced issues for months, your node has been switched off/paused several times and on top of that it reboots 3-4 times a week, and you've never been able to create a support ticket?

• varxvarx Member

@thedp said:
    So you're saying that you've experienced issues for months, your node has been switched off/paused several times and on top of that it reboots 3-4 times a week, and you've never been able to create a support ticket?

No, what I am saying this, this is so "common" that I didn't want to create a ticket before until I could start the VPS from control panel if it was not running. The problem is right now when I need and can't enable it. I use it for occasional backups, but there is an ssh session always connected from my work machine, "broken pipe" is the synonym for "hello" in this one.

• varxvarx Member

@thedp said:

@varx said:

@thedp said:

Sorry, just had to ask.

I contacted them in April in fact after it crashed many times unbearably, this was the answer-

• varxvarx Member

@kp93 said:

@thedp said:

Sorry, just had to ask.

1st response was DDos

I was given a different reason, host crashed :/

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited August 2020

@varx Same here, one of my boxes is offline, the server isnt off but more like I cant ping or connect to it. I was able to connect to it for a few mins (uptime was 18 days), def network issues.

Can't comment if this is frequent or not, since I've been using them for less than 3 weeks.

All providers can have network issues, now, I opened a support ticket a few hours ago, still no response.

Edit: When I checked their status page (https://status.servarica.com/) they had 15 down, 25 up, now it seems to be getting better, 35 up 5 down.

Update: Both my boxes are now online (One was always up but super slow, constant timeout, the other one was completely unreachable)

Update 2: Down again...

Update 3: Up again...?

• kp93kp93 Member

@varx said:

@kp93 said:

@thedp said:

Sorry, just had to ask.

1st response was DDos

May be issue was different for you,

I was monitoring ping, it wasn't completely down had , high latency and lots of time outs.

• varxvarx Member

@kp93 said:

@varx said:

@kp93 said:

@thedp said:

Sorry, just had to ask.

1st response was DDos

I was monitoring ping, it wasn't completely down had , high latency and lots of time outs.

My VPS is up now since some time. I hope it stays up now.

• Can't ping my Mouse VPS, can't reinstall, console access down, losing billions right now.

Thanked by 2bdl raindog308
  • hzrhzr Member

@Shot2 said: losing billions right now

• Now it gets better, so I just tried to reinstall a Debian, and it gets stuck at installing Ubuntu :D What clusterfuckery is that.

• @kp93 said:

@varx said:

@kp93 said:

@thedp said:

Sorry, just had to ask.

1st response was DDos

Possibly, by coincidence my VPS had an IO glitch today sufficient to corrupt the EXT4 journal, root file system tripped to read-only. Had to fsck and reboot to recover.

Ticket system was a PITA today, but patience prevailed.

Apart from today's obvious network issues, the service hasn't been as unstable for me as others have reported, I monitor it 24/7 and my system is acting as a constant sync backup so I get to know when it goes down. The system does get randomly rebooted more often than I might like but only every 3 or 5 weeks. Network glitches occur every couple of weeks but are generally short lived, I tend to give Servarica the benefit of the doubt as I'm on the other side of the pond and not using the server interactively much.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

Hi Everyone,
    the issue today is DDOS attack that affected the whole network
    currently all vms must be up except around 12 ips we blocked so if your vm is not up please open a ticket or wait 1 hour and it should be up

For the past 2 months we had an issue related to kernel panics due to race condition in the network stack of the kernel that affected some of our hosts

it took us long time to fix it (we had to fix the kernel code manually and compile our own kernel !! )
    the fix was deployed 2 weeks ago to some servers and it was deployed to more servers last 4 days

the fix didnt fix the issue 100% but it made the issue rare that the host may crash once per year ( we hope by that time we could go to newer kernel where the issue is fully fixed)

So the random reboots issue should be fixed since 2 weeks on some servers and since 4 days on others so the stability of the hosts will be much better

Did you notice any network difference after our last network maintenance ?
    basically we increased our network speed and added new uplink in that maintenance so our network should be better than before

Thanked by 3cochon skorous lentro
  • Nice diversion.

• @Shot2 said: Nice diversion.

Can't verify it was a DDoS attack but I did see a bunch of weird traffic for several hours this morning making my machine frustrating to try and use. VPS finally gave up and died around 5:30p ( don't know what happened, stopped reporting to Hetrix ) but I just rebooted it and it looks fine. I've apparently been really lucky. This is my first real outage other than a really noisy neighbor a couple months back.

• @chocolateshirt said:

What app is it? looks interesting.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • edited August 2020

@elliotc said:

@chocolateshirt said:

What app is it? looks interesting.

Just a simple script to format UptimeRobot API result.

https://upy.baubus.uk/

Thanked by 1agehu
  • Last 2 days 2+ reboots :/

• @varx said:
    Last 2 days 2+ reboots :/

What did they say about this in the ticket you opened?

• They sent e-mail mentioning some maintenance (and maybe reboots) a few days ago.

• 23 hours ago:
    The monitor backup-ping is back UP (Host Is Reachable) (It was down for 59 minutes and 10 seconds).

16 hours ago:
    The monitor backup-ping is back UP (Host Is Reachable) (It was down for 4 minutes and 10 seconds).

More than twice for more than an hour within 24 hours. I am seriously considering moving 3TB of backups to some other provider as an off-shore backup. If anyone has any suggestions, do let me know.