Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[KVM] Windows VPS - Around $12?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[KVM] Windows VPS - Around $12?

Hi All!

Looking for a cheap-ish Windows VPS simply for using RDC and able to use Discord and leave Chrome open 24/7.

My current VPS is slow and sluggish. I'm just using Chrome so not sure if it's my specs, my provider or what? Lol.

My current VPS is:
2 Virtual Cores 4GB Dedicated Ram 100GB SATA Hard Disk Unmetered Bandwidth 1 IPv4 Address 4 Tbit/s DDOS Protection. Costing $11.81 USD/monthly (£9.00 GBP)

(not sure if i can freely share my provider here?)

VZ Type:
KVM, Windows Server (2019?)

Number of Cores:
2+

RAM:
4GB+

Disk Space:
100GB

Disk Type:
Any (SSD preferred ofc)

Bandwidth:

Port Speed:
1Gbps

DDoS Protection:
Yes.

Number of IPs:

Budget:
$7/month (£5.60)

Billing period:
Monthly

Comments

• Take a look at BuyVM. You shouldn't need 4GB+ RAM for Chrome and Discord.

Thanked by 2Francisco Copper
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

I wouldn't recommend decreasing your budget if you're already having performance issues.

Thanked by 2TimboJones Copper
  • https://my.nexusbytes.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=163

Take a byte out of that vDedi promo boss. You cpu, your choice. Ryzen combined with nvme is an absolute frikking beast.

Straight out of London :)

Thanked by 1Copper
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2020

Hello,

We can meet all those requirements with 2xAMD EPYC 7302p [email protected] & 60 GB NVMe RAID10 disk in Netherlands location, price will be the same as your previous provider.
    You may check LG: http://ams.lg.webhorizon.in
    and PM me if interested.

Regards.
    Abdullah

Thanked by 1Copper
  • CopperCopper Member
    edited August 2020

@Xenos said:
    Take a look at BuyVM. You shouldn't need 4GB+ RAM for Chrome and Discord.

Thank you.

@jackb said:
    I wouldn't recommend decreasing your budget if you're already having performance issues.

Thanks. I felt my budget was low but also wasn't sure if it was just my spec or provider (how they've it configured or something since it's just Chrome+Discord).

Am i doing something wrong with that getwebhosting? Game VPS 3 11.99/month order now whmcs redirect and it's £49.99 a month? lol even if that's 11.99 when paying yearly a year that'd be £143.88 but the annually option is £599.88? Or am I dumb and missing something haha.

Edit: nvm it seems it has the same product id (&pid=64) as the VDS 3 UK item at £49.99/moth. Is this a error and not updated the cart link? Appears Game SSD VPS Hosting is a mimic of UK Virtual Dedicated Servers page copy/paste and forgot to update button links =P

Thanks all.

• @Copper

Guess that super-deal was over so you now only see the standard price?

• @swat4 said:
    @Copper

Guess that super-deal was over so you now only see the standard price?

Maybe! I did edit my post with an update not sure if that's the case as VPS is now same pricing as VDS. We'll see maybe out of stock or something :)

• @Copper said:

Maybe! I did edit my post with an update not sure if that's the case as VPS is now same pricing as VDS. We'll see maybe out of stock or something :)

The Vdedi from @seriesn is indeed very cool. I got one last week. Very happy. You won't regret this.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2020

Hi,
    Can offer the following plan it’s currently on promo

3GB RAM
    2000MB Swap
    2x vCPU Ryzen
    30GB NVME space
    Unlimited transfer
    1Gbps uplink
    1x IPv4
    KVM/Virtualizor
    $14.99/Quarterly
    Order link (Click Here to Buy)

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY
  • hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

@Copper You may be interested in this:

LET Special 2

2GB RAM
    2x vCPU
    30GB Storage
    FREE 90GB Backup Storage
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    Fast 1 Gbps Uplink
    IPv4 & IPv6

Only £5.59 ($6.98) per month

Buy now

Or if you revert to your original (thereabouts what you're paying now) budget:

VPS-3

4GB RAM
    4x vCPU
    100GB Storage
    FREE 300GB Backup Storage
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    Fast 1 Gbps Uplink
    IPv4 & IPv6

Only £9.99 ($13.02) per month

Buy now

If you want a bespoke package then shoot us a PM :)

Good luck :)

• @swat4 said:

@Copper said:

The Vdedi from @seriesn is indeed very cool. I got one last week. Very happy. You won't regret this.

Thanks for the vote of confidence fam <3

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Please check our KVM SSD NVMe package. The CPU cores have unlimited usage policy so you shouldn't have problems running Chrome 24/7 - https://www.wishosting.com

• @swat4 said:

@Copper said:

I did look at that but $10 set-up lol.

I mainly use it for watching Twitch via Chrome but my current lags so bad its unwatchable.

• swat4swat4 Member
    edited August 2020

@Copper said:

I mainly use it for watching Twitch via Chrome but my current lags so bad its unwatchable.

Windows Licence should be free if you go with an annual subscription (and better rate as well for Monthly vs Annually)

@seriesn please correct me if I am wrong.

• @swat4 said:

@Copper said:

Windows Licence should be free if you go with an annual subscription (and better rate as well for Monthly vs Annually)

That is 100% correct my friend :). We don't have committment issue and thus, we reward those who commits for longer term :)

• @swat4 said:

@Copper said:

I see i wouldn't mind paying yearly. However, i always like to try things for 1-2 months before a full year (any servers or vpn providers i usually try then if i'm happy i do a full year on next renewal)

Watching Twitch is very picky on servers it seems OVH high-end spec struggles as well

• @Copper said:

@swat4 said:

@Copper said:

I see i wouldn't mind paying yearly. However, i always like to try things for 1-2 months before a full year (any servers or vpn providers i usually try then if i'm happy i do a full year on next renewal)

Watching Twitch is very picky on servers it seems OVH high-end spec struggles as well

Can you watch twitch directly from your dekstop/laptop/phone?

• swat4swat4 Member
    edited August 2020

@Copper said:

@swat4 said:

Hi Buddy, I see your point. Stepping into your shoes, I would think in the same way - If I do not know about the company, I would avoid paying yearly upfront.

I was a new customer (and also a new LET member) two weeks ago but I did pay annually. Why? Because I read many good reviews here about NexusBytes. I regret that I did not find LET forum earlier, otherwise I could have avoided many hosts who do not perform as the describe their products. In the past, I just googled "vps" and signed up for whatever that looked attractive. Of course, I ended up with much miserable experience. Being here for two weeks, I signed up for 2 hosts already. NexusBytes was one of them. (Another one is also very popular here but the vps was only a gift to my friend, I don't use it at all. Their product is solid but very poor ticketing experience so I am not going to mention much.)

The below is the Windows VPS I got from NexusBytes 11 days ago.

diaots.md.jpg

Running very smooth with a dedicated CPU. Never lag and no downtime at all. I don't watch Twitch so I can't comment on that front so I would give you more hardware fact to help you make an educated judgement.

diaTP4.jpg

diaRl2.jpg

Mine is a budget one with only 4GB Ram during the clearance sale. https://my.nexusbytes.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=163

There are more advanced one with more resources https://nexusbytes.com/virtual-dedicated-server.html

I wholeheartedly believe you can place your trust on @seriesn. Just tell him what you want and he can advise you the best solution.

I have just been with them for 11 days and I am already looking to buy the second one. Unfortunately I am 12 hours ahead of him and now it is during his sleep time. I am waiting for the activation :smile:

I guess they still have a further15% off discount promo code in effect. You may ask @seriesn.

• @Copper

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention. Are you looking at US location? The above one (3700) is in Germany.. I heard they use 3900 in US... so it would be even better

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Copper said:

@swat4 said:

@Copper said:

yeah 3950x, 2080ti 64gb ddr4 i'd be returning my pc if i couldn't! XD Got 1Gbps leased line (which i sell so it pays for itself - rubbish net in my area so i sell wifi packages within 15 miles).

@swat4 said:
    @Copper

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention. Are you looking at US location? The above one (3700) is in Germany.. I heard they use 3900 in US... so it would be even better

Ideally UK as i'm from UK. Wouldn't reject a US as long as i can do what i wanna do. :)

• @swat4 said:

@Copper said:

@swat4 said:

Hi Buddy, I see your point. Stepping into your shoes, I would think in the same way - If I do not know about the company, I would avoid paying yearly upfront.

I was a new customer (and also a new LET member) two weeks ago but I did pay annually. Why? Because I read many good reviews here about NexusBytes. I regret that I did not find LET forum earlier, otherwise I could have avoided many hosts who do not perform as the describe their products. In the past, I just googled "vps" and signed up for whatever that looked attractive. Of course, I ended up with much miserable experience. Being here for two weeks, I signed up for 2 hosts already. NexusBytes was one of them. (Another one is also very popular here but the vps was only a gift to my friend, I don't use it at all. Their product is solid but very poor ticketing experience so I am not going to mention much.)

diaots.md.jpg

Running very smooth with a dedicated CPU. Never lag and no downtime at all. I don't watch Twitch so I can't comment on that front so I would give you more hardware fact to help you make an educated judgement.

diaTP4.jpg

diaRl2.jpg

Mine is a budget one with only 4GB Ram during the clearance sale. https://my.nexusbytes.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=163

There are more advanced one with more resources https://nexusbytes.com/virtual-dedicated-server.html

I wholeheartedly believe you can place your trust on @seriesn. Just tell him what you want and he can advise you the best solution.

I have just been with them for 11 days and I am already looking to buy the second one. Unfortunately I am 12 hours ahead of him and now it is during his sleep time. I am waiting for the activation :smile:

I guess they still have a further15% off discount promo code in effect. You may ask @seriesn.

Boss, that’s a super detailed “quick” feedback. Appreciate the vote of confidence :)

@Copper said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@Copper said:

@swat4 said:

@Copper said:

yeah 3950x, 2080ti 64gb ddr4 i'd be returning my pc if i couldn't! XD Got 1Gbps leased line (which i sell so it pays for itself - rubbish net in my area so i sell wifi packages within 15 miles).

@swat4 said:
    @Copper

Ideally UK as i'm from UK. Wouldn't reject a US as long as i can do what i wanna do. :)

You can always signup with a different os and reinstall windows From the panel and activate windows trial :). If down the road, you chose to convert to annual package, you can request to get your instance activated :).

Just a quick note, while bandwidth usage shouldn’t be an issue, you are sharing 1Gbps bandwidth with your neighbors :)

• @swat4 said:

diaTP4.jpg

wow, how long it take to RAR a 1gb file with this beast?

• @Matt247 said:

@swat4 said:

diaTP4.jpg

wow, how long it take to RAR a 1gb file with this beast?

think about cpu limitations too .. fast drive but he have only 1 cpu core

• @sonymegas said:

Ohyea, I wonder how fast it against a less power CPU.

• @Matt247 said:

@sonymegas said:

Ohyea, I wonder how fast it against a less power CPU.

i guess still very fast

• @sonymegas said: 1 cpu core

Most of the existing solutions for compressing/decompressing files are actually single threaded. Faster single vCore will result in better result, comparing to slower multiple ;)

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @swat4 said:

I assume the 15% voucher is the Birthday4 one? Which doesn't apply to clearance i believe, correct, @seriesn?

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited August 2020

@Copper said:

@swat4 said:

I assume the 15% voucher is the Birthday4 one? Which doesn't apply to clearance i believe, correct, @seriesn?

On point! :)

Thanked by 1Copper
  • Thank you for activating my 2nd vps in NexusBytes @seriesn. Doing Debian instead of Windows this time. Running fast as hell.

@Copper If you prefer multiple cores, using 15% off for Ryzen Standard VPS may be a good idea. Unless you are running at full fledged for 15 hours in a row, I guess it would be fine?

And if you are in UK, perhaps Germany would be the best bet?