Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsolutions.ro is has the worst server i have ever seen - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsolutions.ro is has the worst server i have ever seen

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Francisco said:
    Most people treat shit hosts as the definition of LE. Hosts that can offer a good product (I feel I do) usually work their way out of this market to try to get higher paying customers. Burst tried to do just that but made some bad choices in investors to get there.

I can understand you well and wish you good luck and success but at the same time I hope that you continue to offer an exceptional price-performance and service ratio.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jsg said: I can understand you well and wish you good luck and success but at the same time I hope that you continue to offer an exceptional price-performance and service ratio.

I'm not planning to move up in my pricing or anything like that :) I like where we are and we do it well. We'll keep improving.

Still, the LE market has a bad reputation and its because of the crap that happens. You have scam operations being covered up by large site owners and things like that.

Francisco

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@PHDan said: Honestly, couldn't give a fuck what you think/say. You came after me, I respond in kind. Now you want to play "woe is me"?

So why did you tag me now? My comment wasn't targeted at you, but I understand why you thought otherwise. :)

He has a condition and he forgot his meds again.

• No matter how hard you try, you'll always be the Toadie to jsg's Skut Farkus.

• @PHDan said:
    No matter how hard you try, you'll always be the Toadie to jsg's Skut Farkus.

Hey buddy, is the stress from COVID getting to you? Your condition seems to be getting worse. Take care.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited August 2020

@jsg said:
    The simple fact is that HS has lots and lots of clients and quite many are mid to long term clients, so he must do something right (although, no doubt, he also did and does some things, uhm, less than well).
    And when some see and bring up that HS is probably the provider with the most negative threads here at LET, one must also see that his offers sell very well and fast and many here at LET have been or still are clients, read: per 1 who bitterly complains there are easily 100 who are more or less happy. Most of them just happen to not make a lot of noise.

Again, most of HS customer is aware of how shit it is. They know the risk. They don't care if the network slow, the support is slow, or it being down for days. If you complaion about it, you are making fool of yourself. Most people complaining is a new member, because they have no idea what a shitshow HS is. Most people use HS for backup of a backup of backup. Days of downtime isn't a problem.

Heck, even if Hostro down for a week, people won't even make it a big deal.

• Don't mind me, I'm just here to shitpost and post shit:

• @yokowasis said:

@jsg said:
    The simple fact is that HS has lots and lots of clients and quite many are mid to long term clients, so he must do something right (although, no doubt, he also did and does some things, uhm, less than well).
    And when some see and bring up that HS is probably the provider with the most negative threads here at LET, one must also see that his offers sell very well and fast and many here at LET have been or still are clients, read: per 1 who bitterly complains there are easily 100 who are more or less happy. Most of them just happen to not make a lot of noise.

Again, most of HS customer is aware of how shit it is. They know the risk. They don't care if the network slow, the support is slow, or it being down for days. If you complaion about it, you are making fool of yourself. Most people complaining is a new member, because they have no idea what a shitshow HS is. Most people use HS for backup of a backup of backup. Days of downtime isn't a problem.

So complaining of a shit service is making a fool of yourself? Are you kidding me?!

Thanked by 1angelius
  • @serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

@jsg said:

So complaining of a shit service is making a fool of yourself? Are you kidding me?!

You miss the point. Buying a rotten mango, and complaining the mango is rotten IS making fool of yourself.

HOSTRO is a very low quality provider, knowing that, and buying it anyway, and then complain that it's a low quality provider IS making fool of yourself.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited August 2020

When you think, HS is not that bad. At least it will not disappear overnight. After massive downtime there is always bright uptime.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Still better than NorthHosts.

• @yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

@jsg said:

You miss the point. Buying a rotten mango, and complaining the mango is rotten IS making fool of yourself.

HOSTRO is a very low quality provider, knowing that, and buying it anyway, and then complain that it's a low quality provider IS making fool of yourself.

First part sure.

Second, agree to disagree I guess. Also theres the thing that complaints might actually drive the business owner to do better in some cases.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

All these comments!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Remember folks, low end does not necessarily mean low quality. There are tons of low end providers providing quality/prem services and support.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanked by 1angelius
  • cociucociu Member
    edited August 2020

first and the last comment in this thread :

1) the node was go down friday at 16.23 romanian hours and we have published this in our webpage.
    2) the client i supose was opened the tiket some minutes after this and we normal work until 17.00 after this only one guy is working .
    3) was weekend and even was we have been working all to intent to recuperate the data and after 2 intents faill we decide to reinstall the node this time with raid10 .
    4) when i adverted this offer i have been very clear about raid 5 ...
    5) monday we have provide all vps in the new node with raid10 no aditional cost even all clients from this node was buy raid5 and also +1 month for free like compensation
    6) even if you buy from a TOP provider if you care about your data make your own backup.
    7) I see many of our old customers complain about tiketing (at least some of them ... this was change in the last month because this is a priority right now to have fast response) so i kindly ask for test before comment a situation what was in the past, i repeat this was changed. Except in tikets is related to payments/refund because is processed by me personally and in the last year i had some personal problems and i process this tikets when i have free time but in the near future i will delegate someone to do this tikets so will improove also.
    8) Our network in the last 5 month have 100% uptime , we have work in backround to change the situation what we had last year .
    9) in electrical power we have 100% uptime in the last year so the old problem was solved.
    9) we have +135 nodes and still growing , exemple today we have a task to make 2 nodes more so the probability to have a problem is huge due of quantity of nodes.
    10) Dont espect ferrary for 1 eur , this will not happened but i can assure any customer this is not scam and we do our best effort to have a good service here.
    11) Many of this forum is not accept chines people , way ? is easy to respond , a chines guy is usualy think if hi pay hi is the king of the World (most of them) and have to usual practice of this people , make chargeback or complain in a forum , i know even is chiness people have his reason but the normal way is contact the provider and if is ignore you in this case you can do what you want to recuperate your money or resolve any kind of problem. Nothing personal with the chiness people , even i like this country because is a verry hard worker people , so we have a big procentaje of chiness customers , the chanse to complain some of them is verry hight. ETC ETC.

12) if someone have free time can take a look to all this kind of threads of complain Hostslutions will note we have some "home haters" who always repeat in this threads the same even this was changed long time ago , is free to comment true but ... still.

13) Thanks all who was beleve in us , we have many clients from the first year of our existence from this forum and still continue to pay his services , this mean much for us and is motivate us to continue and try to give a better service.

14) who talked with me is know i am not a kiss ass guy for win a client .. maybe this is a defective conduit but is like i am and i will never change this so if you want to be kissed do not espect from cociu this. For sure we will do our best for you to be a happy customer but not in kiss way.

15) Many of this "home haters" is accuse my english also ... you are not obligated to read my threads , LET is a free forum so you can just ignore , you will not lost millions if you ignore my threads.

16) About "will came with another offer including free credit" , yes definetly will came because always we see a huge interest in this even have such threads in LET , many clients is benefit of this promos to pay less when hi can. Always i do such offers when i feel i am obligate to give something back to our customers , compensate in someway because last month for exemple we had more income than we espected so way not to compensate ?

17) We have decided to change all ovz to kvm but need a calm period to proceed with this because we have huge quantity clients (still) what was sell with modulesfactory in the old kernel ovz3 and this will take a lot time and is manually because is imposible to migrate.

Have a nice day ,
    Marius

• @yokowasis said: You miss the point. Buying a rotten mango, and complaining the mango is rotten IS making fool of yourself.

what you say is right if on their site it was specified that they have 80% uptime and that performance sucks.

you cannot rely on some person's opinion by considering it official data.. in my house it is called a scam.

• @jsg said: Sorry, I'm not @cocius PR department.

You don't have to be. Your voluntary work is itself quite stellar :p

@dynamo said:

@jsg said: Sorry, I'm not @cocius PR department.

You don't have to be. Your voluntary work is itself quite stellar :p

I see, the ugly old "everyone who doesn't hate the enemy is considered his friend" game. Very stupid and primitive

Not hating X != loving X.

• @jsg said: Not hating X != loving X.

Even before the host jumps in, you make yourself available in almost every HS thread with your sophisticated attempts to cushion the provider. You don't have to hide the love.

@dynamo said:

@jsg said: Not hating X != loving X.

Even before the host jumps in, you make yourself available in almost every HS thread with your sophisticated attempts to cushion the provider. You don't have to hide the love.

That is your view. The reality is that I dislike when people smear someone. You might perceive that as "jsg is defending HS" but that's wrong, I'm not defending him, what I'm defending is objectivity, fairness, and a realistic view.

Do I think that HS is a good provider? No. I would for example not recommend to use HS for business critical use. But then @cociu AFAIK doesn't market his products as high quality. He markets them as cheap.

Thanked by 2netomx poisson
  • LeviLevi Member

• @TerensM said:

@yokowasis said: You miss the point. Buying a rotten mango, and complaining the mango is rotten IS making fool of yourself.

what you say is right if on their site it was specified that they have 80% uptime and that performance sucks.

you cannot rely on some person's opinion by considering it official data.. in my house it is called a scam.

Well, that's what we differ.

I treat a known fact as a fact. You don't.

Let's change the analogy.

Voting for trump and then complaining him being racist IS making fool of yourself.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@cociu said:
    8) Our network in the last 5 month have 100% uptime , we have work in backround to change the situation what we had last year .

Many things have been improved in the past and the positive effects of your work are definitely noticable. And I really appreciate this.

But please be so honest and do not call your network 100% uptime. Just to be fair compared to other much more expensive providers with 99,99% uptime.

This is a ping graph from my dedicated server to Google DNS over the last year.

There is always some slight packet loss and there are always times with connectivity issues.
    An average loss of 1% averaged over one year is quite high compared to most other providers.
    It is getting way better but I won't even call it 99,0%.

I hope you can proceed your business with further improvements.
    As long as people know what to expect, one can of course sign up for a service with HostSolutions.

• @dfroe said: But please be so honest and do not call your network 100% uptime

i was mean when i have posted 100% about our router core , is clear some racks have been disconnected for some seconds/minutes due of upgrade/downgrade what we have made in the last month`s but definetly in the last 5 month this was changed comparately with last year. Any way for me is irrelevant in this point if is 100% or 98% , i still continue to repair some errors what we have made and still continue with the hard work anyway.

Thanked by 1pike
  • @cociu said:
    first and the last comment in this thread :

It better be!

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@cociu said:
    Any way for me is irrelevant in this point if is 100% or 98% , i still continue to repair some errors what we have made and still continue with the hard work anyway.

Well I agree on that, but then it would be fair to advertise your network with maybe 98% availability. No customer cares about the availablity of a core router but the weakest link in the chain.

For example here in Germany residential ISPs typically offer an availability of 97%. Which is fine, as long as it is clearly stated. This means, the connectivity can be down more than 250 hours around the year. This difference to 100% availability is more than relevant. ;)

Keep up with the good work. And if you communicate realistic numbers (like 98% availability), people will be less disappointed.

• @cociu said:

@dfroe said: But please be so honest and do not call your network 100% uptime

i was mean when i have posted 100% about our router core , is clear some racks have been disconnected for some seconds/minutes due of upgrade/downgrade what we have made in the last month`s but definetly in the last 5 month this was changed comparately with last year. Any way for me is irrelevant in this point if is 100% or 98% , i still continue to repair some errors what we have made and still continue with the hard work anyway.

LOL

My switch also has 100% uptime but it isn't always connected to my router nor servers.

Dude...

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@yokowasis said:

A decent analogy there.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Bah. I expected more drama

• @netomx said: Bah. I expected more drama

Wait till the "It's the Chineese's Fault!!" hits the various reseller blogs.