Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsolutions.ro is has the worst server i have ever seen - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsolutions.ro is has the worst server i have ever seen

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@PHDan said:
    Opening tickets gets you ignored, asking about an open ticket gets you put on the bottom of the list.

Not that I had many support tickets but those I opened were responded to within a quite acceptable response time.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • LeviLevi Member

@yokowasis said:
    I will tag @cociu he will refund you accordingly.

If you request refund - it will not be processed, because you need to ask for refound.

Thanked by 2kkrajk TimboJones
  • @jsg said:

@PHDan said:
    Opening tickets gets you ignored, asking about an open ticket gets you put on the bottom of the list.

Not that I had many support tickets but those I opened were responded to within a quite acceptable response time.

That's why you don't open thread on LET. People open thread because they don't get answer.

• @jsg said: Not that I had many support tickets but those I opened were responded to within a quite acceptable response time.

You probably didn't need Marius to be involved then. Mike does a good job of support but he is limited in what he can handle. If it goes outside of his realm (or happens on a weekend) then you wait.

I think the overwhelming amount of evidence shows that you're in the outlier category. You also can probably solve a lot of the issues yourself or you have the requisite extremely low expectation that comes with being involved with HS. You know the steak is actually the losing horse from the daily race so you expect a hoof or two...

Thanked by 1kkrajk
    edited August 2020

@yokowasis said:
    That's why you don't open thread on LET. People open thread because they don't get answer.

Sorry but from what I've seen a significant part of those threads are opened by trouble makers, not by clients with legitimate complaints.

@PHDan said:
    You probably didn't need Marius to be involved then. Mike does a good job of support but he is limited in what he can handle.

Correct.

If it goes outside of his realm (or happens on a weekend) then you wait.

Yes but so what? I knew that HS is a cheap provider when I ordered and that's why I ordered in that case.
    The super low price also translates - not surprisingly - to bad or no support during weekends.

I think the overwhelming amount of evidence shows that you're in the outlier category.

Frankly, no, I don't think so. In fact I think that most of the "HS is soooo bad/evil/scam/..." OPs here are the outliers while the vast majority of HS users is sufficiently happy, in part because they probably understand that there of course exists a relation between service quality and product cost.

I also need a few performant, high reliability systems with very good and quick support - and those I buy from higher end providers (like e.g. netcup). Those are the systems I need to be virtually 100% online and working and I pay for that. With HS I expect, oh well, 98% availability and a support response within a working day or so but dirt cheap.

Fun fact: both the availability of my system (easily 99+%) and the support reaction time have been better than what I expected for the low price.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • flexflex Member

it is what it is. hostsolutions has had a shit time and even now not everything is running smoothly. best example is the old kernel on some nodes which makes it impossible to get a current os out of the box. if you don't want to host an important business or project and have a small budget it is hard to get around hostsolutions.

positive to mention is also that marius keeps his word.
    i did a translation for him years ago and got a free lifetime vps with 1tb hdd and 4gb ram. it's been running for almost 4,5 years and support for problems was always okay

proof link https://imgur.com/a/YTbdFRC
    fun fact: the abbreviation hs used by you means wh*re son in germany

• cociucociu Member
    edited August 2020

@flex said: positive to mention is also that marius keeps his word.

i did a translation for him years ago and got a free lifetime vps with 1tb hdd and 4gb ram. it's been running for almost 4,5 years and support for problems was always okay

It was promissed like "lifetime" this mean until my company will be up you will run it. About ovz i am happy to change it anytime in kvm wich we do in the last period , unfortunatly due of missing time we have not send a newsletter about this .

Thanked by 3flex ps20090 kkrajk
  • @jsg said:

@yokowasis said:

Sorry but from what I've seen a significant part of those threads are opened by trouble makers, not by clients with legitimate complaints.

@PHDan said:
    You probably didn't need Marius to be involved then. Mike does a good job of support but he is limited in what he can handle.

Correct.

If it goes outside of his realm (or happens on a weekend) then you wait.

Yes but so what? I knew that HS is a cheap provider when I ordered and that's why I ordered in that case.
    The super low price also translates - not surprisingly - to bad or no support during weekends.

I think the overwhelming amount of evidence shows that you're in the outlier category.

Frankly, no, I don't think so. In fact I think that most of the "HS is soooo bad/evil/scam/..." OPs here are the outliers while the vast majority of HS users is sufficiently happy, in part because they probably understand that there of course exists a relation between service quality and product cost.

I also need a few performant, high reliability systems with very good and quick support - and those I buy from higher end providers (like e.g. netcup). Those are the systems I need to be virtually 100% online and working and I pay for that. With HS I expect, oh well, 98% availability and a support response within a working day or so but dirt cheap.

Fun fact: both the availability of my system (easily 99+%) and the support reaction time have been better than what I expected for the low price.

I can confirm my VPS with HostSolutions uptime above 99% since I purchased it on 18 July.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited August 2020

@jsg said:

@yokowasis said:

Well, if that was the case, LET will defend HOSTRO, look at Buyvm, Clouvider, Hetzner, OVH and others. Once in a while, troublemakers will come and badmouth them. And 10 out of 10, the community will defend the provider.

That doesn't happened to HOSTRO. And most of the time the client complains on forum because their support ticked is not answered for days, weeks even months on some cases. I don't see any justifiable reason for that unless it doesn't use the ticket system. The same as it doesn't use the monitor page, regardless the existence of it.

Hostro is BAD, this is a known fact for LET. When a user buy it and expecting GOOD, that's not HOSTRO Fault, it's the user's fault.

There's a reason why every first reply of thread about HOSTRO is basically fancy version of "You get what you paid for"

edited August 2020

@yokowasis

You obviously hate HS. Sorry, I'm just not interested in either painting HS - or any provider - all black or all white.

Some here (like you) know HS much longer than me and maybe (even probably) HS was much worse back then, so I can understand their view. But I am interested in how a provider is today and not how he was years ago.

And sorry but what do you want? My experience with HS is good. Both uptime and support response time are OK for the price, and quite a few others here have similar experiences. Am I supposed to ignore my own experience and that of other satisfied users, some of whom and whose views I value (e.g. @poisson) just because some others dislike HS or are still based on how things were some years ago?

I stick with what I said earlier: there is a relation between product/service/support and price and for many jobs a not great but "good enough" server for a low price is desirable and a good thing in my book.

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited August 2020

@jsg said:

HS was much worse back then.

Even worse then today? I wonder what that was like, did you have to give cociu a VPS when you purchased their service? Or bring your own faulty hardware?

edited August 2020

@marvel said:

@jsg said:

Even worse then today? I wonder what that was like, did you have to give cociu a VPS when you purchased their service? Or bring your own faulty hardware?

Based on what I've heard there were mainly 2 problems, (a) lacking experience they had to learn some things the hard way (and obviously often the customers too), and (b) - and probably the worse problem - their support had, to put it politely, lots of room for improvement. Anecdote: a friend and colleague who knows them for many years used to call @cociu "Mr. Tomorrow" because he very often promised "will be done tomorrow".
    Since @MikePT joined their support team (or basically runs it for most tickets, it seems) their support has become much better however, and most of the old (usually hardware and/or config related, from what I hear) problems are ironed out too.

• SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited August 2020

@jsg said:

@marvel said:

@jsg said:

Based on what I've heard there were mainly 2 problems, (a) lacking experience they had to learn some things the hard way (and obviously often the customers too), and (b) - and probably the worse problem - their support had, to put it politely, lots of room for improvement. Anecdote: a friend and colleague who knows them for many years used to call @cociu "Mr. Tomorrow" because he very often promised "will be done tomorrow".
    Since @MikePT joined their support team (or basically runs it for most tickets, it seems) their support has become much better however, and most of the old (usually hardware and/or config related, from what I hear) problems are ironed out too.

Ignore the guy, he's only bashing cociu because it's a tradition nowadays.

(oops, left the tags in. Sorry!)

• @jsg said:
    @yokowasis

You obviously hate HS.

Yes, I am. But not because of the server / service. I don't really care whether their server down for months.

And sorry but what do you want? My experience with HS is good. Both uptime and support response time are OK for the price, and quite a few others here have similar experiences. Am I supposed to ignore my own experience and that of other satisfied users, some of whom and whose views I value (e.g. @poisson) just because some others dislike HS or are still based on how things were some years ago?

I don't want anything. I just expressed my opinion.

Like I said on my first post. Just because your server good doesn't mean others are not bad. HOSTRO is not a good / stable provider. This is a known fact on LET. Just because you have good experience, are we supposed to ignore other's member experience?

Thanked by 1donko
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2020

@yokowasis said: Like I said on my first post. Just because your server good doesn't mean others are not bad. HOSTRO is not a good / stable provider. This is a known fact on LET. Just because you have good experience, are we supposed to ignore other's member experience?

Of course, in jsg land this is mandatory, who cares about others experiences, the only one that matters is his.. color me surprised that his review is like, "ohh it's great for what it is".

News Flash -- it may be great for what it is, but it totally sucks ass water for what it isn't and that is what people are primarily complaining about -- they want to like the service and they understand there is a low price,however, they still want what they paid for -- a "service" with reasonable response and resolution to issues that are outside their control and that should be handled by the provider. This isn't an unrealistic expectation, regardless of how much you are paying, in my opinion, that is 90% of what a "service" is to begin with, you paying for someone to 'serve' you and assist you with the product when it doesn't work as expected. If there was no expectation of being served, then they are just simple selling you an 'as-is' "product", which is not what their 'service' is advertised as. Even if it is 'un-managed', there is still an expectation the host does their part to keep the service online and functioning as it should.

my 2 cents.

Cheers.

• Whoever talks about positive experiences being outliers obviously don't know anything about motivation bias and the Gaussian distribution. This alone is enough to heavily discount the credibility of their words.

• maybe his perfume business is better.

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited August 2020

Cociu's node

• deankdeank Member, Troll

As long as one remembers that the end is always dickly nigh, all will be fine and dandy.

Thanked by 2bdl vimalware
  • @SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Ignore the guy, he's only bashing cociu because it's a tradition nowadays.

My ass still needs eating bitch boy.

Thanked by 1boernd
  • @jsg said: Sorry but from what I've seen a significant part of those threads are opened by trouble makers, not by clients with legitimate complaints.

Okay, evidence based is fine. Show your evidence. Show the threads that are "troublemakers" that didn't end up being HS's problem. Show the threads that were judged to be "whingers" that, after delays, accusations and excuses, ended up being Coicoo fucking up yet again.

I trust Fran, he knows how to run a low end business that isn't low end experience. Even he says HS is a shit show that brings the entire Low End community down.

And Lt. FishDicks, sorry maybe you prefer Sgt. WhiteKnight, don't you have some young men's lives to hold in your hand as you decide to send them off to battle and their inevitable deaths?

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @PHDan said: My ass still needs eating bitch boy.

Please stop representing Pi-Hole like this. It's disguisting.

Thanked by 1yokowasis
  • @SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Please stop representing Pi-Hole like this. It's disguisting.

Oh, you figured it out? Took you long enough.

• @PHDan said: Oh, you figured it out? Took you long enough.

What are you even talking about? Seems like you don't exactly figured out why I called you an egoist...

• Honestly, couldn't give a fuck what you think/say. You came after me, I respond in kind. Now you want to play "woe is me"?

• @PHDan said: Honestly, couldn't give a fuck what you think/say. You came after me, I respond in kind. Now you want to play "woe is me"?

So why did you tag me now? My comment wasn't targeted at you, but I understand why you thought otherwise. :)

• LeviLevi Member

This is not a place for personal wars. Just bash/defend HS as usual until thread will be closed. Entropy continue.

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said: So why did you tag me now?

Fair enough comment. I'll let you go back to fluffing Cicu then.

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY
    edited August 2020

@TheLinuxBug

• Sorry, I'm not @cocius PR department. Believe whatever you please to believe
    • (Not only) my experience is about 99% availability and not exactly fast but fast enough support.

@PHDan said:
    I trust Fran, he knows how to run a low end business that isn't low end experience. Even he says HS is a shit show that brings the entire Low End community down.

I think that @Francisco runs a very nice but low price operation - but Fran is an exception and does not define low end hosting, nor does @cociu.
    Kindly note that I spoke quite frankly - and by no means only positively - about HS, based on what I know.

The simple fact is that HS has lots and lots of clients and quite many are mid to long term clients, so he must do something right (although, no doubt, he also did and does some things, uhm, less than well).
    And when some see and bring up that HS is probably the provider with the most negative threads here at LET, one must also see that his offers sell very well and fast and many here at LET have been or still are clients, read: per 1 who bitterly complains there are easily 100 who are more or less happy. Most of them just happen to not make a lot of noise.

Btw. that, what seems to be a contradiction, is what interests me personally most because I'm astonished that one and the same provider seems to have a big fan club,celebrating his offers and often buying faster than he can deliver, and at the same time he seems to be almost the most disliked provider, albeit by a much smaller group.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jsg said: I think that @Francisco runs a very nice but low price operation - but Fran is an exception and does not define low end hosting, nor does @cociu.

Most people treat shit hosts as the definition of LE. Hosts that can offer a good product (I feel I do) usually work their way out of this market to try to get higher paying customers. Burst tried to do just that but made some bad choices in investors to get there.

Francisco

Thanked by 3miu bacloud Kodis