Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tutorials You'd Like to See? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tutorials You'd Like to See?

13»

Comments

• RedSoxRedSox Member

@tradeplanner said: Unless you are looking at overloading, its fairly simple. Just install ESXi or Proxmox

I have kinda old PC in my home - 2 cores 4 threads CPU. Can I split this CPU for 16 KVM slices? I just read that a KVM virtualization gives the opportunity to split 1 core into 8 vCores, maximum. Does this Proxmos has the same philosophy?

• Yes. You are only splitting 1 cpu into 2 vCPUs..so you should be fine. These days, the real bottleneck is disk I/O. Do you have SSD in your old box? If not, just know that disk I/O will degrade significantly as you sell more VPS instances on it

@RedSox said:

@tradeplanner said: Unless you are looking at overloading, its fairly simple. Just install ESXi or Proxmox

I have kinda old PC in my home - 2 cores 4 threads CPU. Can I split this CPU for 16 KVM slices? I just read that a KVM virtualization gives the opportunity to split 1 core into 8 vCores, maximum. Does this Proxmos has the same philosophy?